Wendy, I sort of have a wedding tattoo, as you know, but I got it in reverse. When I was trying to choose a date to have our wedding, I was on the phone with Wendy, and she was telling me the dates she would have off from work since it was a destination wedding (MAui) and we'd all have to hop on a plane. I chose 11/11 since it was already on my arm, and it's worked out great for me. Lots of people marry the wrong person, lots of people get bad tattoos. If you can pick the right guy, who says you can't pick a great tattoo design to celebrate your union? I don't believe in tattoos being bad luck- make your own luck. I have a portrait of Scott and Henry on my leg, and I'm still rather fond of both of them.

I knew a girl who got a friend of mine's (not naming names) last name tattooed across her shoulders in big old English letters after they married and she took his name. The artist did it in brown instead of black just in case - I'm not even sure if he told her, just wanted the option of going over it later i guess. the marriage wasn't meant to be in the end.. i'm not sure if she ever did get it covered or what not. my next one will probably be something to do with my kids. kids are permanent like tattoos i guess.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I have tattoos with our anniversary date in them. Even if our marriage goes belly-up someday, that date will still signify something that was pretty major in my life. I can either look back on it fondly, or I can look back on it as a reminder of lessons learned. Either way, I don't think it will be a tattoo that I regret.

• 2 weeks later...
I knew a girl who got a friend of mine's (not naming names) last name tattooed across her shoulders in big old English letters after they married and she took his name. The artist did it in brown instead of black just in case - I'm not even sure if he told her, just wanted the option of going over it later i guess. the marriage wasn't meant to be in the end.. i'm not sure if she ever did get it covered or what not. my next one will probably be something to do with my kids. kids are permanent like tattoos i guess.

She got it covered! And is happily married to someone else with beautiful children! ;-) The brown ink was brilliant foresight!