Funny or interesting tattoo compliments

I thought maybe we could share some positive stories about funny or interesting compliments that we have gotten on our tattoos. I have one to share that happened today. My wife and I were in the checkout line at walmart, and a grandmotherly woman in front of us had forgotten a bag. I went to hand it to her, and she saw the grim reaper on my right arm, and she says, "I love your tattoo!". I said, "Thank you!" and she said, "I'll bet it hurt like hell, though!" I said, "Yeah, a little bit. It took about four hours." she said, "Oh, my gosh", or something to that effect, and went about her way. I just thought it was kinda funny, because she was the last person I would expect to compliment a grim reaper tattoo. But I definitely appreciated it. When a grandmother compliments a grim reaper tattoo, then you know it's high quality. That's what I say, anyway, lol. So, what are some other positive funny stories people have to share?

I was waiting at the bus stop and had this fella saw "wow your Tattoos are great they must be outside tattoos". Having never heard the term "Outside Tattoos" before, I naively asked, what does that mean... It was explained to me, to me that when a guy gets tattooed inside Jail or Prison, those are called "Inside Tattoos" lol. So the quality of Tattoo Art on my body bespoke professional enough to merit the term Outside Tattoos. A compliment that I will accept.

Anyway, the general quality of Tattoos around Nova Scotia, where I live is so low that it is hard to distinguish between Inside and Outside Tattoos. I am happy my Tattoos stand out as Quality enough to be "Outside Tattoos", lol.

Driving to Arizona many years ago, was in a bathroom stall at a rest stop and a little girl and her mom were in a stall next to me. A little hand came under the stall and touched Tigger on my ankle. Outside, the mom chased me down b/c her daughter wanted to see it again. The little girl was so excited that someone else loved Tigger too.

"BRO come here"

"uh...nah, you come here. What do you want"

"SICK INK BRAH. you do time in the Pen?"

"do you think you can get colour like this in jail?"

"ha ha ha. Good point man. sweet tatts bro. you gotta smoke?"

"later bud."

No offense, sounds like a run-of-the-mill conversation with a stoner/street rat. Perhaps mildly entertaining, but pretty much sounds like what my friend Eric would say. Maybe you've met him?

Jawn is whatever you want it to be. Short for "joint", can be an object, a song, a picture, a tattoo, etc. It's a slang word.

Pretty much, yeah. People around here use it in place of almost any noun. Haha, I guess that almost makes it a pronoun. A headline on a news article about a building collapse today was quoting a witness with, "The whole jawn came down." @OutOfIdeas

I've always have some people who--who after seeing my tattoos--ask if I'm a tattoo artist and if I did the work myself. I kind of laugh it off and say that I'm neither a tattoo artist, nor did I do the work myself. Once we part ways, I think to myself how idiotic can someone be to think that I did all of my tattoos myself...it would be next to impossible to do so.

I find it pretty funny when little kids see my tattoos and say to their parents "look mommy, that boy colored on himself."

Pretty much, yeah. People around here use it in place of almost any noun. Haha, I guess that almost makes it a pronoun. A headline on a news article about a building collapse today was quoting a witness with, "The whole jawn came down." @OutOfIdeas

Huh, never heard it before. It would be interesting to see a list of all the different slang terms across the country, by state or something.

My wife and I went out for breakfast this morning, and the hostess saw me patting my grim reaper tattoo (something I do when my tattoos itch, can't scratch em while they are healing, patting or rubbing sometimes helps). She realized it was a grim reaper, and asked me if it was a Sons of Anarchy tattoo. Now, my guess is that she either hasn't seen the show, or didn't pay much attention to what the reaper from the show looks like, because mine looks nothing like it. The one from the show is a bit cartoonish for my taste. I didn't get offended or upset, and I wasn't rude. I just politely said no, it's not from the show, and went about my way. I just think it's funny sometimes how people see tattoos and mistakenly compare them to things they look nothing like. Sometimes tattoos do resemble other images and sometimes are even direct imitations, but many times they are not. Still people see them and their minds make these comparisons. There used to be a time when I would get annoyed by this, but now I just laugh to myself about it.

I dunno so much as it was a "compliment" exactly but last year when I got my feet covered, I spent that week of school walking around barefoot (well, limping like the Hunchback). One of our preschoolers came to school and had used marker to color all over the tops of his feet. I just thought it was cute. Lately the kids have been coming to school w/the press on w/water ones, all over their arms, chest, etc, and I'm the first one they want to run and show when they come to school, so we have a "compare" session.