Collecting Sketches & Line Drawings

bongsau

I regularly request to keep the sketch/line drawing from my tattooers after we are done with the tattoo. My tattooers have all been more than happy to oblige and I think it is ultra-awesome that I have a file folder at home that is filled with the sketches/line drawings from most of my tattoos.

I think it all started when received a big bad ass stencil sheet wrapped my whole arm it was mesmerizing. I asked my tattooer what he does with the line drawings afterwards and he said he usually just throws em out. So I asked if it was cool if I kept it, he said no problem! added his signature and a best wishes note on it for me.

Anybody else do this?

Tattooers, what are your thoughts on this? Do you keep your line drawings or throw them out? Do you have reservations about letting them leave your shop?

I regularly request to keep the sketch/line drawing from my tattooers after we are done with the tattoo. My tattooers have all been more than happy to oblige and I think it is ultra-awesome that I have a file folder at home that is filled with the sketches/line drawings from the majority of my tattoo work. Not really sure what I will do with them...maybe I'll turn them into DIY colouring books for my children when when we start having kids. I think it all started when I got my sleeve lined in. It was one big bad ass stencil sheet that wrapped my whole arm that was mesmerizing. I asked my tattooer what he does with the line drawings afterwards and he said he usually just throws em out. So I asked if it was cool if I kept it' date=' he said no problem! added his signature and a best wishes note on it for me. Anybody else do this? (Or am I just neurotic...I mean I keep a detailed spreadsheet of all my tattoo work. I can tell you what percentage of the total cost was spent at Shop X...okay answered my own question, I am batshit cray). Tattooers, what are your thoughts on this? Do you keep your line drawings or throw them out? Do you have reservations about letting them leave your shop?[/quote']

My tattooer has a bunch hanging on his wall, I believe he stashes them away.. I'd thought about asking if I could have mine but I figured it was not a good idea, mainly due to all the copying that happens and I thought maybe one day he may want them for a flash page or book..

Interesting topic.

I like the idea of documenting the process, I have photos of most of the line drawings I have had coloured in.

Collecting sketches/line drawings in general interests me, reminds me a bit of the Vogels. Not sure how you would allay fears of potential future profiteering though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...