Lion Tattoo for 18 year old near Richmond Va?

Teamwilson

My 18 year old son wants a tattoo for HS Graduation. As far as I am concerned he has my permission but I want him to get tattooed by the best artist we can find who is willing to do an 18 year old boy. I know Absolute Art and Loose Screw will not tattoo someone this young so I need some help.

Before everyone gets up in arms about someone so young getting ink - please note he's a rock solid kid. He is the worlds youngest sports agent;has real clients, was featured in Forbes; has a sports video business and has been accepted at FSU majoring in Finance. The Tattoo has personal meaning to him - and I'm willing to fund it.

Thanks for your assistance

Edited by Teamwilson
spelling

That's great that you're helping him research and want him to get a good tattoo! I wish I had that support when I got tattooed at 18, then maybe I would have traveled or waited until I found the best shop.

I'm sure people on here will recommend great artists/shops in that area. What type of style is he looking for?

Also, 18 is usually the minimum age, so I doubt you will have trouble finding places that will accept him. I've rarely heard of shops that have older minimum ages.

I'm am sure the guys at Absolute would have zero problem tattooing someone who is 18 years old. I'm curious where you heard that misinformation?

But to answer your question, it depends on what style your son wants. Does he want a traditional tattoo, black and grey? Definitely have your son explore the various tattooers portfolios so he can figure that out.

Personally, I've only been tattooed at Absolute Art and Salvation Tattoo (I love the work of Mike Rennie, Brian Bruno, Dave Boiseneau, Matt Brotka, Josh Autry, Nate Moretti, Katie Davis and Fred Pinkard). But I like the work of tattooers at Hold It Down Tattoo, Max Wetzel at 212 Tattoo, and Tony Talbert at River City Tattoo. But there are many tattooers in Richmond and it all depends on who you want to work with.

Re Absolute Art - I may be mistaken. Foggy memory sometimes.

I took a 17 year old there last year to schedule an appointment and even with parental permission they wouldn't do one.

Thanks for all the names - I wll have him take a look at their styles.

You asked what style he wants. As an 18 year old kid a lion is a lion is a lion. I'm slowly educating him on the wide array of styles and skill sets

I'm am sure the guys at Absolute would have zero problem tattooing someone who is 18 years old. I'm curious where you heard that misinformation?

But to answer your question, it depends on what style your son wants. Does he want a traditional tattoo, black and grey? Definitely have your son explore the various tattooers portfolios so he can figure that out.

Personally, I've only been tattooed at Absolute Art and Salvation Tattoo (I love the work of Mike Rennie, Brian Bruno, Dave Boiseneau, Matt Brotka, Josh Autry, Nate Moretti, Katie Davis and Fred Pinkard). But I like the work of tattooers at Hold It Down Tattoo, Max Wetzel at 212 Tattoo, and Tony Talbert at River City Tattoo. But there are many tattooers in Richmond and it all depends on who you want to work with.

Edited by Teamwilson
clarification of thought process

@CultExciter - yup, you're right. Sorry! Either way, he's out of RVA, which stinks. We debated trying to hit up his shop and getting something when we were down for the convention in November, but we'd spent enough already that weekend. Now I wish we had.

You should still get tattooed by him. Fredericksburg is an hour north of Richmond on 95. So it's a shorter trip.

• 1 month later...