Hello everyone.

cameroncrazie80

Hi everyone. Quick little tidbit about me.

33yrs old, currently serving in the U.S. Army (for the next two months, then my active duty contract is up). Stationed at Ford Drum, NY which is no where near NYC. More like 30 miles south of Canada on the eastern edge of Lake Ontario.

I'll be moving back to Omaha Nebraska in May. I only have one tattoo right now, and I have finally came up with an idea or theme for my next one.

I have an artist that I might be interested in seeing what he can come up with as his work to me seems like it might be improving and getting pretty good. But that's why I want to see what people here think. I won't post a link here unless I am told it would be ok, as I know this isn't the right forum.

Any artist recommendations for Midwest artists for realism/black and grey would be more than welcome.

If you have the ability to get tattooed before you head back west, you should think about making a trip down to Syracuse. I used to get tattooed and hang out at Halo Tattoo (the Marshall St location) and I'd see guys down from Fort Drum all the time.

Chris Chisholm there does fantastic black and grey realism, so he's worth looking into. Not much of an internet presence but I have watched him work quite often and he nails everything he does.

If you have the ability to get tattooed before you head back west, you should think about making a trip down to Syracuse. I used to get tattooed and hang out at Halo Tattoo (the Marshall St location) and I'd see guys down from Fort Drum all the time.

Chris Chisholm there does fantastic black and grey realism, so he's worth looking into. Not much of an internet presence but I have watched him work quite often and he nails everything he does.

Found his Instagram page. He does do some pretty solid work, but besides a phone number on their Facebook page there's no contact info for anyone on their website. And their FB page seems to be ignored.

Found his Instagram page. He does do some pretty solid work, but besides a phone number on their Facebook page there's no contact info for anyone on their website. And their FB page seems to be ignored.

Well I guess you'll have to call.

You should just call the shop. That's always the simplest/to-the-point way. The shop person there will gladly give you sound advice on scheduling.

Just give the shop a call. If you can't talk directly to Chris you can at least talk to the shop guy or another tattooer and explain that you're up in Fort Drum and can't just stop by for a quick consult, maybe give them an idea of what you want to get, might be able to get Chris's email that way too.