LST Animal Lovers

Hands On

Yesterday was harrowing. We had a couple of wires sticking out of a rickety old outlet. @DJDeepFried had put plastic caps on the wires with the plans to get it covered soon, but we kind of forgot about it because we don't really need to plug anything in up there.

Tomo, our little love, was playing around yesterday morning and bit the wire. I was right there at the time and noticed the fur standing up on his tail. I tried pulling him away but realized his mouth seemed to be stuck to the wire. I pried his jaws off of it (did not even think for a second about the possibility of me getting electrocuted, just had to get him free, and luckily I did not get zapped). He went kind of limp in my arms. I started freaking out screaming for help and crying.

Doug (aka DJDF) kept it together... Tomo opened his eyes and was breathing and Doug could feel his heart beat. Doug found an emergency animal hospital nearby and we got him there pretty quickly. He did not have any mouth damage but x-rays showed fluid in his lungs. He had to stay over night with oxygen, pain meds, and being monitored, but last night they said he was looking good: alert and eating. We should be able to bring him home today. Oh my god, I miss him, he would be on my lap right now. :(

Outlet is now covered. Looks like this is going to be a $2,000 lesson, but that sure as hell beats a losing our baby kitty lesson.

Hi @Breakme and @Pugilist - thank you for asking :)

She came home today - she got through the surgery just fine yesterday and was a model patient - kicked butt for a little old lady. She's upstairs passed out after a good supper. They removed a liver mass but she had a big mass right in the middle of her pancreas. They got a lot of it which will help with her nausea and barfing discomfort - it was really pressing on her stomach, but whatever it is, it will grow back. It is too invasive. They also found a shadow in her chest on the X-rays. Test results for the two masses on Monday, sigh, but I think we all know where this is going. We just hope it's gonna go there slowly and that we can keep her a happy kitty for all that time. I think about her being a monmon kitty on me somewhere. She has the perfect coloring for a koi.

Poor little bear! So glad she's showing a little liveliness. They are the best creatures.

I took my cats to the vet for their checkup and my little cat shunned me as punishment for the rest of the day - he refused to get out of my laundry basket - for such a monkey he really doesn't like being out of his comfort zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Yesterday was harrowing. We had a couple of wires sticking out of a rickety old outlet. @DJDeepFried had put plastic caps on the wires with the plans to get it covered soon, but we kind of forgot about it because we don't really need to plug anything in up there.

Tomo, our little love, was playing around yesterday morning and bit the wire. I was right there at the time and noticed the fur standing up on his tail. I tried pulling him away but realized his mouth seemed to be stuck to the wire. I pried his jaws off of it (did not even think for a second about the possibility of me getting electrocuted, just had to get him free, and luckily I did not get zapped). He went kind of limp in my arms. I started freaking out screaming for help and crying.

Doug (aka DJDF) kept it together... Tomo opened his eyes and was breathing and Doug could feel his heart beat. Doug found an emergency animal hospital nearby and we got him there pretty quickly. He did not have any mouth damage but x-rays showed fluid in his lungs. He had to stay over night with oxygen, pain meds, and being monitored, but last night they said he was looking good: alert and eating. We should be able to bring him home today. Oh my god, I miss him, he would be on my lap right now. :(

Outlet is now covered. Looks like this is going to be a $2,000 lesson, but that sure as hell beats a losing our baby kitty lesson.

Oh your poor little kitty - that's awful! So glad he's OK.

My pretty Molly took a turn for the worse and was back in the hospital yesterday. She is home now, with a DX of the worst pancreatic carcinoma around. We'll have to say goodbye soon, and taking it day by day, but we only have a few days left.

This is the worse part of being owned by a pet. Letting them go when they need to, rather than when we are ready to.

My pretty Molly took a turn for the worse and was back in the hospital yesterday. She is home now, with a DX of the worst pancreatic carcinoma around. We'll have to say goodbye soon, and taking it day by day, but we only have a few days left.

This is the worse part of being owned by a pet. Letting them go when they need to, rather than when we are ready to.

So sorry @SeeSea. It is so hard.

hey all, i figured this is the best place to post this. i dont like soliciting but i feel this is a little different.

so... my girlfriend is the new york fostering and adoption coordinator for an organization called "best friends". they are based out of utah and have branched out to new york recently. in the upcoming weeks they will be starting their campaign to place rescued pets in good homes. if anyone knows of anyone looking to adopt and/or foster pets in the new york and/or surrounding areas can you please contact kristia@bestfriends.org

she has been involved with animal rescque and law enforcement for over a decade and would greatly appreciate the help with finding these amazing animals good homes.

sorry if no one wanted to read this and if it breaks any forum policies.

Guy Ursitti

8 of swords

brooklyn, ny 11249

718 387 9673

Holy Crap @TrixieFaux!!! What a frightening experience to have. I'm glad you were there to get him away from the outlet and @DJDeepFried was able to get him help quick! Sounds like good news, he's home and doing well. Phew!

On a lighter note now, I truly hope when you see your monmon cat design tomorrow, it will have Raijin swooping about banging on drums with lightning bolts being tossed everywhere. I mean with that story, how could it not?

Sad... guess its not just for humans. I'm sure she appreciates you being there for her. I'm still in awe of how a pet totally grows on us. I'm maybe 35 years between cats so the feeling is relatively new to me again.

Rob

We had to let Molly go yesterday. The cancer just started to take her down. The surgery gave us a little more time and I had a couple good days spoiling her rotten, but with only probably weeks to live with decreasing QoL, we let her go before the pain got too bad for her. She had good meds and had good parts to every day, but it was hard to accept that she would never feel any better than she did at that point. And unbelievably hard yesterday morning when she rallied and trotted around like a 10 year old, eating up a storm. But we let her go at home. I had promised her that she'd never have to get in that horrible pet carrier again. Maybe people don't understand caring for a pet and how much a pet becomes an integrated part of your life. And now it's just a gaping hole.

I read a lot online yesterday about euthanasia and when the time is right and grieving for pets, when we were hanging out and she was curled sleeping under my arm. I found this very helpful suggestion about pet memorials below. I'm going to visit family this fall, and I'm going to call SoG and see about getting a spot.