LST Animal Lovers

Hands On

Meet "Odie", AKA: Odie Capote AKA: Poh-poh

Odie was found as a puppy with his sister in a trash bag in a dumpster by my step daughter. He's mostly a terrier mix and was born with only a nub of a tail. He's super affectionate and loves Ziggy dog like a brother.

He's on the left awaiting some turkey scraps:

11106905673_41933ec027.jpg

On hind legs:

11106905793_65ab31222c_z.jpg

The other curly white dog is Maggie the poodle. She was a confiscated puppy mill breeder that we adopted from the city pound. We knew that no one else would pick her so we took a chance. She's turned out to be a very sweet dog who adores me. She's quite a hunter that loves to wrestle with the other dogs.

Here's the before photo when we got her home. It took several hours of hand clipping to clean her up. Beast!

8729240141_6c7b61abe5.jpg

After, with a new toy.

8906605012_b4da0097ea.jpg

And "Lucky Pete" the parakeet that landed in our back yard to eat the seeds we put out for the wild birds. He's lucky I was there to prevent the dogs from eating him since he was not afraid. He obviously got out or was released. I put my hand down and he jumped up on it! We looked in the local CL and for signs, but no one was looking for him.

15159403910_99a7923e2c.jpg

And the last two adopted dogs in our pack are LuLu and Andy, which are extremes within the chihuahua breed. I've never liked chihuahuas and still don't in general, but these two are extremely sweet and share none of the aggressiveness some possess.

LuLu is a teacup sized chihuahua that wasn't wanted by it's new owner so we took her in 3 years ago. She is playful and very affectionate.

5790255814_f1ba4668b7_z.jpg

6579986969_bbe8d8e5ff_o.jpg

Next to Sophie kitteh.

8294896910_3b900b258e_z.jpg

Andy was adopted last year from a shelter that he was at for almost 3 months. With his extra long legs and narrow face, I believe is half Italian Greyhound. He is super hyper but the sweetest dog we have. He gets along with every pet in the house and is a complete goofball.

He was born without a tail except for one tailbone nub.

12143746806_48d55d4455_z.jpg

He has Stephen Colbert ears!

12622691803_5c76144be3_z.jpg

Sleeping with Sasha kitteh.

14403268017_e8379e1f17_z.jpg

And the last two adopted dogs in our pack are LuLu and Andy, which are extremes within the chihuahua breed. I've never liked chihuahuas and still don't in general, but these two are extremely sweet and share none of the aggressiveness some possess.

LuLu is a teacup sized chihuahua that wasn't wanted by it's new owner so we took her in 3 years ago. She is playful and very affectionate.

Sleeping with Sasha kitteh.

cool ! quite the entourage you have there,all very cute,

and thank you for rescuing.

• 4 weeks later...

I almost forgot our kittehs.

George is the eldest.

7163111708_5a2328b0d2_z.jpg

We adopted him from a family member who named him "Convict" because of his orange color and his escape attempts. We fixed him but he still loved the outdoors so we let him roam in and out of the house until he was severely injured by a tomcat. He is now an indoor only cat after an almost $1000 vet bill. We nursed him through the healing process at home. He likes to lick my head sometimes.

11370970175_9a9481ab31_z.jpg

20701083224_0b35487d87_z.jpg

Sophie and Sasha were adopted strays 3 years ago. They grew up together and are great buddies. Sophie the tortoise on the left was born in an abandoned car. She actually walked up to me in a parking lot and claimed me. She is a little shy but very sweet and calm. She loves Andy dog.

8336139823_8468bb5bf6_z.jpg

11106905633_873c734c99_z.jpg

12277845166_6a73b80154_c.jpg

15341275733_29de5e5334_o.jpg

Sasha followed our grandson home when he was running on our street's sidewalk. She claimed him quickly. She craves attention and turned out to be a huge cat.

8405661537_5d2fe96260_z.jpg

8373882736_2083ddcc2d_z.jpg

14403268017_e8379e1f17_z.jpg

This is my 5 year old Staffy. He's super energetic and playful, I get people constantly asking me if he's still a puppy. Sigh. He's a handful but a great family dog. A couple 'glamor shots' from back when I was super into photography:

IMGP3034.jpg

IMGP8654.jpg

Aaaaand one of him letting my 6 month old son climb all over him. He's loving it.

bssmall_zpssxtn36e8.jpg

whenever i visit the fam up in WA, i get to spend some time with this little beggar/booger. his name's Rusty and he's a Jack Russell mixed with something (check out his length!). super smart and energetic. in the 2nd photo, he's begging from my mom (the main disher of table scraps), lookin at me like, "don't hate."

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I prefer the company of animals to humans. I have one cat, one dog, one hamster.

The cat is the one constant in my life. Always glad to see me (when she's hungry) and good company. She follows me around like a dog. Everyone says she's more dog than cat.

- - - Updated - - -

I prefer the company of animals to humans. I have one cat, one dog, one hamster.

The cat is the one constant in my life. Always glad to see me (when she's hungry) and good company. She follows me around like a dog. Everyone says she's more dog than cat.

"What's one more?" is something Mrs. T says when it comes to taking care of another kid or rescue animal, so we'll test that out with our new adoption, "Finn". He was rescued 10 weeks ago from being euthanized by a new group called Houston Pets Alive. Most dogs get adopted pretty quick, but not this one. He's not exactly the most handsome little guy, but he is super sweet and we knew no one else was likely to give him a forever home.

We think he looks pretty cool. He has warmed up and loves his new dog and people family. It is obvious to us that he was abused in the past, but we will be patient in returning him to a more secure and happy dog.

Mowhawk? Check

1920's raccoon coat for the full Wayne Coyne effect? Check

25774484773_fb369c6198_z.jpg

25767656653_227117db0c_z.jpg

Finn was warmly welcomed to the pack by Andy (right).

25753830893_13d8c3c63c_z.jpg

"What's one more?" is something Mrs. T says when it comes to taking care of another kid or rescue animal, so we'll test that out with our new adoption, "Finn". He was rescued 10 weeks ago from being euthanized by a new group called Houston Pets Alive. Most dogs get adopted pretty quick, but not this one. He's not exactly the most handsome little guy, but he is super sweet and we knew no one else was likely to give him a forever home.

We think he looks pretty cool. He has warmed up and loves his new dog and people family. It is obvious to us that he was abused in the past, but we will be patient in returning him to a more secure and happy dog.

Mowhawk? Check

1920's raccoon coat for the full Wayne Coyne effect? Check

LOL awesome ! what a great blend ! love his look.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...