LST Animal Lovers

Hands On

1 hour ago, oboogie said:

Oh, @The Tig, she's gorgeous!

When we saw her photos online (the 3 I posted), she reminded us of our Black Mouth Cur, "Ziggy". You can see her sweetness and intelligence. When we saw her in her pin, she was ferocious, barking a mean bark and a bit scary. We checked out a few other dogs but came back to her and asked the guy to see her outside, just to be sure. She lit up and became really sweet as soon as she was leashed. Outside, she ran and bounded, all happy like, then came up and snuggled with me. Bam! Instant bond.

Many dogs in shelters show their true selves once outside and free.

5 hours ago, Transplant said:

here is my sister giant schnauzer 8 months, when he was nice:IMG_0068.jpg

Here he is now with my mums Airedale Terrier.IMG_0008.JPG

Wow, what a cool dog! Giant Schnauzers are incredible dogs. They adjust their temperament to different people and situations better than any breed I've ever encountered.

58 minutes ago, The Tig said:

Wow, what a cool dog! Giant Schnauzers are incredible dogs. They adjust their temperament to different people and situations better than any breed I've ever encountered.

Its so true, he is so gentle with elderly people (my grandma etc) but whenever i see him he just wants to play fight!

Our tug of war record is 16 minutes! just for the record, i won in the end.

Molly looks to be a super happy dog! How have the first couple of days been?

Heres another one from the day she picked him up:IMG_0011.JPG

Edited by Transplant

My family adopted a beagle named Buddy a few years ago. He's a lazy old man, but he guards the house ferociously from mailmen, UPS delivery men, and the like. The first picture is him at his guard post, the back of the couch. From which, he keeps watch over the neighborhood. The second picture is a rare (ahem) nap break.

buddy1.jpg

buddy2.jpg

1 hour ago, Transplant said:

Its so true, he is so gentle with elderly people (my grandma etc) but whenever i see him he just wants to play fight!

Our tug of war record is 16 minutes! just for the record, i won in the end.

Molly looks to be a super happy dog! How have the first couple of days been?

Heres another one from the day she picked him up:IMG_0011.JPG

this is a super cute dog !

• 3 weeks later...

Rocky, our daughter's dog, was attacked by a pack this morning and we had to take him in for emergency suturing and a drainage tube. We can bring him home this evening. I suspect the pack is actually a bunch of dogs that hick neighbors just leave running free and feed about once a week. One of my tattoos is a heart like the one on Rocky's ear.

7 minutes ago, pidjones said:

Rocky, our daughter's dog, was attacked by a pack this morning and we had to take him in for emergency suturing and a drainage tube. We can bring him home this evening. I suspect the pack is actually a bunch of dogs that hick neighbors just leave running free and feed about once a week. One of my tattoos is a heart like the one on Rocky's ear.

:(  poor baby, best wishes for a speedy recovery for him.

Thanks, all! He is home now and still sleeping off the sedation (and snoring). After carrying him four times today, I realize that I really need to work on strength training! (58 lbs). He's sutured and bandaged and as soon as the sedative wears off must wear the "cone of shame" for 10 - 14 days. Several fairly big wounds were cleaned an left open. Also has two drains that have to come out Saturday.