LST Animal Lovers

Hands On

• 2 weeks later...

An update on Rocky. He is healing well, but still seeping badly from under his left armpit. He wears a tee shirt to keep him from scratching that area with his hind leg. He only has to wear the cone about 25% of the time, when it is pretty obvious the itching is really bad - so we rub for him. I don't think smacking is the right thing for this kind of itch!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Synesthesia said:

Sorry if pics are huge (although I don't think dog pictures could ever be a problem), but my boyfriend and I adopted a dog recently! Her name is Maggie, she's a terrier mix. Her owner was going into a nursing home and had to surrender her to a rescue. She's very sweet and very lazy.

she is super cute,and thank you for adopting !

.and the pic sizes are fine :) I believe this forum software resizes pics automatically anyway

Edited by Dan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My pup passed away back in June. Last Sunday, Jeff Rassier just so happened to have some time available for walk-ins, so I went and got his tiny tatt version of Huckleberry on my wrist. None of my tattoos has made me smile more!

I don't think there are enough loved animal tattoos in this thread or perhaps I just haven't skimmed it in a while. Post 'em if ya got 'em!

huckleberry 600x600.jpg

IMG_2648.1.jpg

IMG_20131224_160705130.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Our first Lab, Daisy. She loved the toys at Christmas...but not the antlers.

OK, I've had about enough1.jpg

Our second Lab, Charlie wasn't a big fan either.Charlie with Reindeer antlers.jpg

And one of our current Labs, Duffy. The pictures of Charlie and Duffy were taken at the same time. A little while after we took the photos, we went out for a few hours. When we came back, Charlie and Duffy grabbed the antlers and Santa ears from a countertop and destroyed them. They made sure we understood they were not amused.

Duffy with Funny hat.jpg

Edited by Devious6

@Gingerninja Charlie was my heart dog. We adopted him when he was 2 from a family with 3 young boys who wanted a puppy but didn't want the dog after he grew up. He came to us with a rash of misbehaviors but was the most loving and mild mannered dog ever. He rapidly earned his nickname, the Big Brown Butthead (you can see it on his name

tag in the picture). You could always count on Charlie to run through the living room with one of Lynn's bras hanging from his mouth in the middle of a crowded party. We were able to retrain him and cured almost all of his behavioral issues...except he would bolt and run away in a heartbeat so we always had to keep him on leash. Our other dogs are always trained to stay with us so they are never on leash unless we are taking them off our property. It will be 2 years ago in March that we lost him to cancer - I still miss him every day.

12718144_10207157362707181_840998546274459234_n.jpg

Edited by Devious6