LST Animal Lovers

Hands On

On 11/29/2016 at 2:27 PM, Hands On said:

My pup passed away back in June. Last Sunday, Jeff Rassier just so happened to have some time available for walk-ins, so I went and got his tiny tatt version of Huckleberry on my wrist. None of my tattoos has made me smile more!

I don't think there are enough loved animal tattoos in this thread or perhaps I just haven't skimmed it in a while. Post 'em if ya got 'em!

not a portrait ,but I had my girl walk on an ink pad then paper,so these are her exact paw prints.

neck3.jpg

z124.jpg

Edited by Dan

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I hate to preach, but please don't buy animals, adopt. If you don't know why, look up puppy mills and see the horrific conditions most of these dogs you buy are bred in. 2.7 million animals are killed in shelters every year, many of them pure breds. There just is no excuse for buying an animal.

I hate to be a downer, but I do a lot of rescue work and every time someone buys an animal, they make some greeder wealthy and one more shelter animal is killed.

Petfinder.com is a great place to start.

OK, getting off of soap box.

7 hours ago, Dan said:

right on,super cute ! we love our aussies, right !?!?!?!? ! how many pounds is your mini ? looks a lot like my girl ! love blue merle too.

she's i think 20 lbs. was like 15 when we got her over a year ago at 8 months. these pics are from back then. i was really shocked actually that i didn't have any more pictures of her butt. gonna have to fix that...

5 hours ago, Hogrider said:

I hate to preach, but please don't buy animals, adopt. If you don't know why, look up puppy mills and see the horrific conditions most of these dogs you buy are bred in. 2.7 million animals are killed in shelters every year, many of them pure breds. There just is no excuse for buying an animal.

I hate to be a downer, but I do a lot of rescue work and every time someone buys an animal, they make some greeder wealthy and one more shelter animal is killed.

Petfinder.com is a great place to start.

OK, getting off of soap box.

i think everyone agrees with you.

but it doesn't also make you an evil person if you purchase a dog from a reputable breeder.

and there are reasons people go to breeders instead of shelters. some shelter dogs are great, some shelter dogs have a lot of issues. not everyone has the time, energy, or living situation that can accommodate behavioral or health problems. i'm not saying puppies from a breeder are perfect, but you know what you're getting more or less. 

Edited by sister123

2 hours ago, sister123 said:

she's i think 20 lbs. was like 15 when we got her over a year ago at 8 months. these pics are from back then. i was really shocked actually that i didn't have any more pictures of her butt. gonna have to fix that...

cool,ours is 19 pounds,and I just checked and I have 2gb of pics of her ! LOL she is 10yo now,we have had her since she was 8 weeks.

11 hours ago, sister123 said:

i think everyone agrees with you.

but it doesn't also make you an evil person if you purchase a dog from a reputable breeder.

and there are reasons people go to breeders instead of shelters. some shelter dogs are great, some shelter dogs have a lot of issues. not everyone has the time, energy, or living situation that can accommodate behavioral or health problems. i'm not saying puppies from a breeder are perfect, but you know what you're getting more or less. 

I never said it makes anyone evil to buy instead of adopt. Most of the people I know who have bought just don't know about the problem. As far as knowing what you get from a breeder, where do you think the 'problem' pure bred dogs sitting in shelters come from?

I encourage everyone to do their own research. We've been sold a bill of goods by the AKC about the 'superiority' of pure bred dogs. Research shows that purebreds have more behavioral and health issues than mutts.

4 hours ago, Hogrider said:

I never said it makes anyone evil to buy instead of adopt. Most of the people I know who have bought just don't know about the problem. As far as knowing what you get from a breeder, where do you think the 'problem' pure bred dogs sitting in shelters come from?

I encourage everyone to do their own research. We've been sold a bill of goods by the AKC about the 'superiority' of pure bred dogs. Research shows that purebreds have more behavioral and health issues than mutts.

This.

Before I knew better, I bought my German Shepherd Dog, who was supposed to be pure bred and superior. Six months on, we learn she has double hip dyplasia. So yeah. They aren't "better" and you "don't know what you're getting." My mutts? They are just fine. So that whole theory? A load of codswallop.

She died just before her 13th birthday a few years back, but she was totally disabled her whole life.

Edited by oboogie

• 2 months later...

Here's our girl Dixie.  Never when I've thought about what kind of dog we might like to own, did a bloodhound ever cross the radar.  We wanted to adopt (we're big on rescuing instead of buying) a gentle dog that would be good with the grandkids.  Wanted a golden retriever or lab, but was getting frustrated as so many want to adopt them.  A google search led us to bloodhounds and then to a rescue based in Ontario Canada.  You just couldn't ask for a sillier, happier family dog.  Not a day goes by that we don't chuckle about something she does or 'tells' us.

P9192539.JPG

PA032547.JPG

1378047_10200559805182213_1728305972_n.jpg

P9152534.JPG

29 minutes ago, JAC1961 said:

Here's our girl Dixie.  Never when I've thought about what kind of dog we might like to own, did a bloodhound ever cross the radar.  We wanted to adopt (we're big on rescuing instead of buying) a gentle dog that would be good with the grandkids.  Wanted a golden retriever or lab, but was getting frustrated as so many want to adopt them.  A google search led us to bloodhounds and then to a rescue based in Ontario Canada.  You just couldn't ask for a sillier, happier family dog.  Not a day goes by that we don't chuckle about something she does or 'tells' us.

I love the wrinkles. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...