LST Animal Lovers

Hands On

Aww love everyone's cute pets here :D

I, unfortunately, am posting on this thread for the first time with bad news :(

I live in Phoenix, AZ and my parents are back in CT with my lil sisters, Zoe and Sophie. Zoe is the Bichon and Sophie is a Yorky/Maltese mix AKA a "Morky" Zoe was my first dog I picked back in 2001. She had a sister named Coco who passed away from cancer when she was 6 years old back in 2007, right before I left for AZ for school.

My mother told me yesterday that they had to put little Zoe down :( She was going down hill for a few days-weight loss, loosing interest in things, etc. She had been having some lung and arthritis issues for a while now. I am going back east for the first week of May and was hoping to see my girls since I don't think I have been back there since the summer of 2012. That made it even more heart breaking to know she was gone before I really could say goodbye. It's hard, and it TRULY hasn't hit me since it's been so long and I never got to see her. I am glad though that my parents didn't allow her to suffer more as it seemed she had been in pain and was failing. She was 12 years old, about to be 13 on May 2. As I said, I picked her out of a litter and we have had that "bond" ever since. She always remembers me no matter how long I am gone and she always went to me first and gave me the most kisses. We ended up getting her and her sister since they were together when we got them so my dad felt sorry. We were going to jut get one dog but got 2 :P She is up there with her sister now though :D Going home to see my friend graduate grad school but it will be hard seeing my parents and only seeing the one dog :( In my mind, I felt that seeing her in May might be the last but I didn't expect it to happen to soon :( I am very upset about this, but don't let it surface much, especially at work.

Tattoo related--LOL I was thinking, and I thought this before her death, that I was just gonna get her name simply written with a design on my arm somewhere, not sure yet though :(

First we have my beloved Cain, may he rest in peace, who was sadly put down a year and a half ago before he made it to 13. He was such a cuddle monster. He would stretch his body across mine and sleep, or play dead when I tried to get him down off of me.

Next we have Kylo, my gentle sweetheart. He's 14 this year, his hearing is going, and his back end is a bit weak, but he's still doing well. For all the bodily noises and smells that come out of this old man, I still love him to bits.

And finally, my cat-bros [littermates], Tulkas and Mandos. Named after Tolkien deities, they just turned 9 last month. Tulkas shies away from other people, but he's the biggest mamas boy. He loves to perch on my shoulder or bury his face in my neck. Mandos, well Mandos just about loves everybody [except animals other than Tulkas] and will roll over for a perfect stranger to pet his belly.

Aww love everyone's cute pets here :D

I, unfortunately, am posting on this thread for the first time with bad news :(

I live in Phoenix, AZ and my parents are back in CT with my lil sisters, Zoe and Sophie. Zoe is the Bichon and Sophie is a Yorky/Maltese mix AKA a "Morky" Zoe was my first dog I picked back in 2001. She had a sister named Coco who passed away from cancer when she was 6 years old back in 2007, right before I left for AZ for school.

My mother told me yesterday that they had to put little Zoe down :( She was going down hill for a few days-weight loss, loosing interest in things, etc. She had been having some lung and arthritis issues for a while now. I am going back east for the first week of May and was hoping to see my girls since I don't think I have been back there since the summer of 2012. That made it even more heart breaking to know she was gone before I really could say goodbye. It's hard, and it TRULY hasn't hit me since it's been so long and I never got to see her. I am glad though that my parents didn't allow her to suffer more as it seemed she had been in pain and was failing. She was 12 years old, about to be 13 on May 2. As I said, I picked her out of a litter and we have had that "bond" ever since. She always remembers me no matter how long I am gone and she always went to me first and gave me the most kisses. We ended up getting her and her sister since they were together when we got them so my dad felt sorry. We were going to jut get one dog but got 2 :P She is up there with her sister now though :D Going home to see my friend graduate grad school but it will be hard seeing my parents and only seeing the one dog :( In my mind, I felt that seeing her in May might be the last but I didn't expect it to happen to soon :( I am very upset about this, but don't let it surface much, especially at work.

Tattoo related--LOL I was thinking, and I thought this before her death, that I was just gonna get her name simply written with a design on my arm somewhere, not sure yet though :(

So sorry to hear this news. Losing a pet is terrible. Full stop.

I'll see if I can dig up some more wolf pics. That is one of our favorite shots just because it shows how big they can be. Lakota was only a little over a year old when that picture was taken; he is about 5 years old now and still very human-friendly. He lives in an enclosure with his three siblings. We refer to that enclosure as the lickatorium. :D

- - - Updated - - -

A couple more shots from the same moment. All I can find on my computer. I'll dig up some more this weekend.

Kris+and+Lakoda+2.jpg

Kris+and+Lakoda+3.jpg

There are a ton of wolf sanctuaries around the country and most are desperate for volunteers. A little sweat is all that is required in exchange for making a bond with a wolf...or ten. We generally camp about 50' below the pens in an Aspen grove. Few things in this world match listening to wolves howl at the moon right up a hill from your camp. Highly recommended!

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the video that those shots were pulled from. It was our first visit to the sanctuary. A couple of the wolves are hybrids; Zoya being the prime example. She was actually domesticated and lived indoors for a while, which explains her rotund shape. The second video is more for sound. It was the first night we spent at the sanctuary. Everybody we take camping there, goes back for more.

Saw that as well @SeeSea

The dog's face got me as well. Started a train of thought and research, starting a decision as to whether or not I'm at point in life where I can adopt a new companion. I would love to, but have to be sure it'll be feasible first. One of the things that I miss most about living with my parents, is that my life/lifestyle is too random and unstable for it to be responsible for me to get a dog. Hopefully that'll soon change!

Saw that as well @SeeSea

The dog's face got me as well. Started a train of thought and research, starting a decision as to whether or not I'm at point in life where I can adopt a new companion. I would love to, but have to be sure it'll be feasible first. One of the things that I miss most about living with my parents, is that my life/lifestyle is too random and unstable for it to be responsible for me to get a dog. Hopefully that'll soon change!

We're not in a position yet either. I always am looking tho!