LST Animal Lovers

Hands On

Have been enjoying this thread and while I have no new tattoos to show off, I do have a new cat :)

Eva is a little over a year old and has been with me for a few months now. She owned the place within a couple of weeks, of course. I got her from a friend who could no longer keep her. I had lived with cats before but never had one that was my own. I had been thinking semi-seriously for a while about getting one and decided to save this little girl from an uncertain future.

Aside from being cute as hell, she came with skills too. She is the queen of the tinfoil ball and actually fetches ! Not unheard of, I know but, it's cool ! Makes my job so much easier ha ha ......

post-5574-146168867978_thumb.jpg

Have been enjoying this thread and while I have no new tattoos to show off, I do have a new cat :)

Eva is a little over a year old and has been with me for a few months now. She owned the place within a couple of weeks, of course. I got her from a friend who could no longer keep her. I had lived with cats before but never had one that was my own. I had been thinking semi-seriously for a while about getting one and decided to save this little girl from an uncertain future.

Aside from being cute as hell, she came with skills too. She is the queen of the tinfoil ball and actually fetches ! Not unheard of, I know but, it's cool ! Makes my job so much easier ha ha ......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10737[/ATTACH]

Good for you to take her in. We did the same with our Chloe, who we got at 4, she just turned 6. She was very skittish at first, but after a couple of weeks she got better. She's still developing as a pet, we find out new things that she likes to do all the time.

One of her favorite toys is this fishing pole that has a ball and feather on the line, I get 2 in a package for $1. So when they get tattered, I break out a new one for her.

Rob

Maybe so, lol. But everyone knows how I feel about cats. I haven't had a cat in over 30 years until this one came to live with us.

I hope Chloe continues to get comfortable in the house and you continue the play and bonding. I don't know your history with cats (not sure I want to, LoL!) but I had one who turned into an awesome little perceptive kitty when I was in a bad place. (I have her exact paw prints, pad colors and all, tattooed on my shoulder where she used to rest her paws. But that's one of those "meaningful" tattoo explanations that I know isn't tolerated much around here ;) )

My rabbit Kneel is sick and at the vet- which has cost me $925 so far and they still don't know what is wrong with him :(

He is refusing to eat, and needs to be force fed. No obstruction, no teeth problems- just wont eat.

@Zillah - sorry to hear! I don't know about rabbits, but I give one of my older cats 1/4 Pepcid to help her appetite. We did that with a dog as well - maybe your vet might think this could help? Molly the cat is also losing her sense of smell, so I warm her food and she "finds" it more easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, don't know why tattoos with meaning gets so much heat.

Maybe I am too new. In addition to quality, I want to have some kind of connection.

I know, like, RIGHT?!? I mean, seriously, I don't know why we can't express the inner meaning, like, because it's what I'm really FEELING, you know? I have the word "believe" in Comic Sans on my side in 2 inch letters. I need to be able to see it in the mirror every morning and night, so I remember to believe in myself, because every day the world just wants to tear me down, and it's really hard, you know, to just turn away from the HATERS who just have to hate, so if no one else will, I have to believe in myself, you know? I don't know why no one here likes letters, I mean, that means you can READ it, right? Otherwise, how would I know that a rose would mean for me to believe in myself? although a rose is very beautiful, but could mean other things. I want people to know that I believe in myself and I am strong enough to show the world that.

I also have each letter in a slightly different color, to represent a rainbow, because every day is different, with different challenges, so every day I may have to feel differently to truly believe in myself, otherwise it might not feel real to me, you know? But since all the letters are outlined in really solid black, I don't think anyone here could really be that much upset about it, I mean, like, really?

(I have her exact paw prints, pad colors and all, tattooed on my shoulder where she used to rest her paws. But that's one of those "meaningful" tattoo explanations that I know isn't tolerated much around here ;) )

I also have my dogs exact paw print on the top of my foot. It's still the tattoo that gets noticed the most. I don't regret getting a "meaningful" tattoo at all since I got it before he passed away, so it was nice to have right after the initial loss.

I also have my dogs exact paw print on the top of my foot. It's still the tattoo that gets noticed the most. I don't regret getting a "meaningful" tattoo at all since I got it before he passed away, so it was nice to have right after the initial loss.

I was inspired to get mine right after she passed, because the awesome hospital (Red Bank Veterinary Hospital, NJ) made nice ink paw prints for me. I think it will always be my favorite tattoo.

Maybe so, lol. But everyone knows how I feel about cats. I haven't had a cat in over 30 years until this one came to live with us.

JD was like that too. Sooo not a fan of cats. He had his three pit bulls when we were dating and that's all he wanted. He knew how much I loved cats, and one day he and his friend were going hunting and saw a cat crossing a field. His friend was going to shoot it and JD told him not to b/c he knew how upset I would be. Well, that cat ended up in JD's garage/shed, hiding from the coyotes. I used to feed it. The screen door didn't have a screen/glass, so when you'd open the inside door, there was this cat balancing in the tiny ledge, wanting to come in. (was winter time) I asked if I could bring her in and he's like whatever, as long as she gets along w/the dogs I don't care. So he came back from hunting that day and I was curled up on the couch reading a book w/the three dogs, and the cat was laying in the middle of them. His jaw about hit the floor. She was the funniest cat, always messing w/the dogs, and she changed his mind on cats. She was a tortoiseshell, and after she died, I had such a hole in my heart. I found a tortoiseshell at a shelter and adopted her, even tho JD said no. The funny thing is, she was brought to the shelter right about the time Bella started getting sick. And she is acts so much like Bella it's uncanny. There are a few differences, but she is very much like Bella brought back. I didn't get her hoping to replace Bella, that would be impossible, but she has healed me in her own way.

I think I shared that story earlier in the thread but...I've had a sad day missing my kitty and Sadie so wanted to tell it again.

@Dan - you're dog looks to have taken 1 too many hits off of the bong . . .

LOL nah ,she's just a happy dog ! :)

- - - Updated - - -

@Dan never knew Aussie's had to be groomed... haha! My dad has an Aussie/Beagle mix and she has the Aussie colors, but not the heavy coat, so no grooming.

IMO all dogs need regular grooming,nails,ears,etc,etc.

she's a "blue merle", :)

LOL nah ,she's just a happy dog ! :)

- - - Updated - - -

IMO all dogs need regular grooming,nails,ears,etc,etc.

she's a "blue merle", :)

I guess I should have been more clear... by grooming I meant a haircut. I also think I tend to substitute a haircut for grooming since we've always done the other grooming ourselves (nails, bath, ears, etc.). Actually, when we had a Springer Spaniel we sometimes trimmed her hair ourselves.