LST Animal Lovers

Hands On

I guess I should have been more clear... by grooming I meant a haircut. I also think I tend to substitute a haircut for grooming since we've always done the other grooming ourselves (nails, bath, ears, etc.). Actually, when we had a Springer Spaniel we sometimes trimmed her hair ourselves.

ya,grooming to me is the whole nine yards,nails,ear cleaning,shampoo,blowdry(to clear undercoat),haircut(including trim everywhere & her squared off aussie butt),

we have a close by,trusted groomer we always go to.

Luna rolled in some poop tonight. It could have been hers, but I'm not sure. Anyway, she came back inside looking very sad and didn't know what to do. I took her outside and wiped off what I could with a towel and water, then took her upstairs to shower. She listened very well, and didn't roll on anything indoors, and she lied right next to me while I started the bath. She got right in, and got under the water, very anxious to get the poop off herself. I washed her thoroughly and dried her off, then she started running around the room, very excited to be clean again. She's happy now. Pobrecita.

Luna rolled in some poop tonight. It could have been hers, but I'm not sure. Anyway, she came back inside looking very sad and didn't know what to do. I took her outside and wiped off what I could with a towel and water, then took her upstairs to shower. She listened very well, and didn't roll on anything indoors, and she lied right next to me while I started the bath. She got right in, and got under the water, very anxious to get the poop off herself. I washed her thoroughly and dried her off, then she started running around the room, very excited to be clean again. She's happy now. Pobrecita.

Pets are funny when they get mixed up in something foul... they want it gone yesterday. When I was a kid, one of our cats came in via the basement window one night and got mixed up in some turpentine that my dad had paint brushes soaking in.

My mom got up with the cat meowing at the basement door and she knew right away what happened. The cat actually let my mom place her in the bath tub and wash her off, it must have burned. Even with a few shampoos, the cat stunk for a week after.

Pets are funny when they get mixed up in something foul... they want it gone yesterday. When I was a kid, one of our cats came in via the basement window one night and got mixed up in some turpentine that my dad had paint brushes soaking in.

My mom got up with the cat meowing at the basement door and she knew right away what happened. The cat actually let my mom place her in the bath tub and wash her off, it must have burned. Even with a few shampoos, the cat stunk for a week after.

Luna got sprayed by a skunk a few years ago, and she came running inside the house like a bat outta hell. She was stinky for a while after that.

My rabbit Kneel is sick and at the vet- which has cost me $925 so far and they still don't know what is wrong with him :(

He is refusing to eat, and needs to be force fed. No obstruction, no teeth problems- just wont eat.

How is your bun bun doing?

So glad to hear that he's feeling better! I am a bunny lover myself, however I'm in the bad books at the moment, Hermann is sitting in MY on the couch refusing to move or talk to me as I rearranged his designated area without his prior permission. :rolleyes:

OMG he is GORGEOUS!

My kitty Molly has 2 masses in her abdomen we found from an ultrasound today. They sent away cells for testing. It looks like one may be obstructing her stomach causing nausea and vomiting. They may have to do exploratory surgery to know for sure. She is 16 and a sweet little thing. I'm not sure what to wish for from the test results, other than that we could cause her as little pain as possible.

God, animals just wrap their little furry paws around your heart.

Molly+on+chair+sm.jpg

Thank you @TrixieFaux, @ironchef, @scubaron.

Tests were inconclusive. We're taking her for emergency surgery in the morning. I have to drive 4 hours to get home tonight. So please keep her in your little animal prayers - she's mommy's little girl.

Wishing you both the best... I would be even more shattered right now if anything happened to my Chloe.

Hi @Breakme and @Pugilist - thank you for asking :)

She came home today - she got through the surgery just fine yesterday and was a model patient - kicked butt for a little old lady. She's upstairs passed out after a good supper. They removed a liver mass but she had a big mass right in the middle of her pancreas. They got a lot of it which will help with her nausea and barfing discomfort - it was really pressing on her stomach, but whatever it is, it will grow back. It is too invasive. They also found a shadow in her chest on the X-rays. Test results for the two masses on Monday, sigh, but I think we all know where this is going. We just hope it's gonna go there slowly and that we can keep her a happy kitty for all that time. I think about her being a monmon kitty on me somewhere. She has the perfect coloring for a koi.

Best of luck for your kiki! She is beautiful and would definitely make a beautiful monmon cat :)

- - - Updated - - -

This is Hugues (pronounced oog). We mostly call her oogie, she's a 4 year old Frenchie and the first dog for myself, as well as my husband.

She is rad, except for her breath which always smells like a bag of rotting anuses. Thankfully her cute face makes up for it. I'm sure someday I'll get a tattoo of her, I just don't know what.

Thank you @Fala, @Pugilist, @Euchlid, @MadeIndelible, @Breakme - Yesterday was a tough day - she was pretty knocked out. I had hard food and 6 cans of wet food to tempt her. Tuna juice out of the can got 2 paws up. It just sucks seeing her dragging herself to the litterbox, but she was a *good girl* in the potty department. This morning she looks noticeably better - some brighter eyes, and she was sitting by the window. Yay kitteh!