Hello everyone

spookyluke

No you won't. You'll make the same mistakes over and over again. Because you have no respect for the craft. I'm sure there's a forum called 'teach me to tattoo' so I think you should head over there, because this just ain't for you, bud.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually I won't. Don't call me bud?!? You have no idea if I have respect for the craft. You have no idea what I'm capable of. I paint oils. Sculpt. Etch. Illustrate. Air brush. Gah. Done fabrication and manual engineering. I am a craftsman! I've always been a "natural" artist but have to master a craft to be satisfied. I am a perfectionist when I get into something. I am quite cultured in art. And have great respect for artistic disciplines or crafts. I also enjoy quickscoping vermin with a .204 @300yrd. I like listening to henryk gorecki Symphony #3 when I get dark on people. Sometimes both at the same time. I like my tattoos. I learn from them too. They're not perfect and that pushes me to improve. An imperfect tattoo that I designed and applied to myself has a lot more meaning to me compared with a expen$ive work by a so called master master. I worked in fine art auctions. I really don't like collectors. Have you seen a Picasso? I've handled one. It was grotesque.

Actually I won't. Don't call me bud?!? You have no idea if I have respect for the craft. You have no idea what I'm capable of. I paint oils. Sculpt. Etch. Illustrate. Air brush. Gah. Done fabrication and manual engineering. I am a craftsman! I've always been a "natural" artist but have to master a craft to be satisfied. I am a perfectionist when I get into something. I am quite cultured in art. And have great respect for artistic disciplines or crafts. I also enjoy quickscoping vermin with a .204 @300yrd. I like listening to henryk gorecki Symphony #3 when I get dark on people. Sometimes both at the same time. I like my tattoos. I learn from them too. They're not perfect and that pushes me to improve. An imperfect tattoo that I designed and applied to myself has a lot more meaning to me compared with a expen$ive work by a so called master master. I worked in fine art auctions. I really don't like collectors. Have you seen a Picasso? I've handled one. It was grotesque.

It's great that you're down with the contemporary-classical masters and have yourself mastered several life-times worth of artistic disciplines, but this isn't the place for you. This is not a forum dedicated to amateur tattoos. Your CV will not change this.

What is with poeple telling me to leave this forum. Assuming that I just came here to post about my small collection of diy tattoos. I'm just following the basic new member forum jazz. Start a thread. Intoduce myself. Blablabla. Meanwhile I'm using the forum. I'm reading. I don't care about participating at this point because I have no important question that is vaguely unique to require posting. This thread right here is just troll bait. I know. Thanks again for the unwanted advice to piss off. You should take it yourself. Nice to meet you.

@spookyluke All we (the forum) are asking you to do is not post homemade tattoos or ask advice. You haven't asked for advice so I'm relieved for that. It's a simple house rule and should be no problem to accommodate. I wouldn't come into your house and do something relatively simple you asked me not to do. It's just a respect thing and even if you feel bristled up by other responses you can read this and know I'm not being a dick or anything, just asking you to come correct and respect the forum.

• 2 years later...

so how is one supposed to get better if they never ask questions or seek the advice of those who might actually be a little more advanced than himself? When I was learning how to tattoo, plenty of people were rude every time I sought help. There are kind tattoo artists out there. If you truly want to keep the craft alive, the community should be a little more welcoming.

@flowerchild

this thread is nearly 3yrs old. =)

this is not the place to come to seek advice. check out the LST Guidelines. https://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/guidelines/  i hadn't read this thread before, but it doesn't seem like spookyluke was looking for advice. however, the LST Homepage states, "The mission of this website is to help preserve the craft of GOOD tattooing and to serve as an educational resource for those who want to learn the difference between good and bad tattoos. There are more bad than good tattoo artists out there, so it is more important than ever to do your research before getting tattooed." This thread definitely doesn't promote good tattooing.

The craft is quite alive and there are many welcoming folks in the community... to those who they think are doing right by it. 

Edited by Hands On