Whats up from GA

ElDrago

hi everyone. You can call me ElDrago its perfectly fine. I wont say im new to tattooing, ive never had an aprenticeship. But what i dohave is 15 years drawing experience, and i started studying the tattoo medium around 9th grade. Got my first tat around 11th. Since then ive been studying, and practicing. i knew how to assemble and disassebmle, how to tune machines, all components that make a machine, all off my bbp knowledge and tons more stuff ive been studying for at least 8 years i would say. currently im 21 years old. just bought a tattoo kit for myself and my SO ( shes kinda following my route and learning through research and watching me). Also by the time i get home today our 3rd kit. the inkstar basic kit containing the brute coil gun and plenty of other supplys will be waiting on my doorstep. Now i wont play the know it all role. Ill admit im a scratcher. But point blank period. If i cant draw it freehand i wont tat it. I will only tat stencils. i am a scratcher, but as i said ive been studying for years i believe ive got all the theory i need so im on to practicing. practice skins, and if you check the practice forums you will see my lining practice technique. But all in all i just wanted to give a background and say hi, im currently 21 working full time and tattooing on the side. Hope nobody gets buthurt i may not have had an apprenticeship, but ive paid dues, and im still paying dues. ive studyed, and ive been coached by just about every artist that has tatted on me (11 tattoos so far. about 5 or 6 artist). So i hope ill be meet with respect and ill show everyone the same. but if not i wont trip ive been lurking here and i can go back to lurking, but my respect level for you all that do put out resources and tips for us scratchers will always remain top tier. peace.

Im gonna say this much more politely than a lot of members here might, but this isn't the place for "resources and tips" and scratchers aren't looked upon in a friendly way here. There's a right way and wrong way to do things, and that's quite specific here. Just a heads up.

hi everyone. You can call me ElDrago its perfectly fine. I wont say im new to tattooing' date=' ive never had an aprenticeship. But what i dohave is 15 years drawing experience, and i started studying the tattoo medium around 9th grade. Got my first tat around 11th. Since then ive been studying, and practicing. i knew how to assemble and disassebmle, how to tune machines, all components that make a machine, all off my bbp knowledge and tons more stuff ive been studying for at least 8 years i would say. currently im 21 years old. just bought a tattoo kit for myself and my SO ( shes kinda following my route and learning through research and watching me). Also by the time i get home today our 3rd kit. the inkstar basic kit containing the brute coil gun and plenty of other supplys will be waiting on my doorstep. Now i wont play the know it all role. Ill admit im a scratcher. But point blank period. If i cant draw it freehand i wont tat it. I will only tat stencils. i am a scratcher, but as i said ive been studying for years i believe ive got all the theory i need so im on to practicing. practice skins, and if you check the practice forums you will see my lining practice technique. But all in all i just wanted to give a background and say hi, im currently 21 working full time and tattooing on the side. Hope nobody gets buthurt i may not have had an apprenticeship, but ive paid dues, and im still paying dues. ive studyed, and ive been coached by just about every artist that has tatted on me (11 tattoos so far. about 5 or 6 artist). So i hope ill be meet with respect and ill show everyone the same. but if not i wont trip ive been lurking here and i can go back to lurking, but my respect level for you all that do put out resources and tips for us scratchers will always remain top tier. peace.[/quote']

A lot of tattooers start this same way, but after 9 years of study you say? It's time to get an apprenticeship and really try to do this or put the machine down for good and move on.

Hi @ElDrago! and welcome to this forum...please check out the vids and all threads and please, put down your tattzappers, guns or whatever you call them and never ever tattoo someone. you will fuck them up. not a question of if. it'll happen. but still, welcome. browse through this forum and you'll see that this is NOT a place for hep-c spreading and scarring, but good tattooing! let's keep it that way!

You tattooing someone would be like a heroin addict trying to tend bar. They love drugs. They think selling drugs is better than using drugs. They want to try to sell booze, because it's less scary than selling illegal drugs. Yet, they are completely unaware of the fact that they have no skills whatsoever, because they are so caught up in shooting dope into their veins. Find an apprenticeship, show the tattooer you would like to apprentice under your drawings, and if they say that you can't tattoo, then either go to the next PROFESSIONAL tattooer, or quit altogether.