just wanting some opinions on a logo I designed

Matthew Thomas

It's an interesting idea. You might consider a different font and larger letters. It doesn't read well from a distance. A logo doesn't necessarily have to include the name of the business, unless they want it to be there. A sign would be something different - could be the logo followed by the name on the side. Have fun with it.

Yeah, it's definitely flat. You need to think in terms of dynamics and how that plays with image and type. This type of stuff is my day job (not designing for piercing studios albeit). If you'd really like to see what you can come up with, spend some time looking at real design. Just google "graphic design inspiration" or "logo design inspiration" and hundreds of blogs will appear with eye candy. I hope my review was easy enough, but yeah man, right it lacks depth and character.

Think of other things, not just the obvious. What esoteric or ancient or even recent history symbolism can be pulled from the name of the place? Dig deeper and you'll find ideas that are more fully engrained in the psyche of people.

Fuck. I'm rambling.

Although I did not actually see the image you posted, SeeSea and CultExciter gave intelligent and mature responses. It seems like a shame that you chose to focus on what may or may not have even been a rude response by one poster, which in my opinion wasn't. If you're gonna ask for opinions and critique, you have to take the good with the bad and laugh at yourself a little. Life isn't so serious, and honestly man, it's kind of silly to delete your work just off of that. Take pride in your work, even if it's not the best job. Learn from your mistakes and take feedback gracefully or don't put it out there cause nobody wants to hear "poor me" when you ask for critique, naw mean?