Bakeneko References

I've been looking for awhile for some good bakeneko designs and cannot seem to find any good references. Does anyone have a book or site for good designs that they could direct me to? I know Horitomo has a lot of really cool cats but from what I've seen none of them were really "bakeneko". I plan on getting a tattoo of one soon and would like to see some better pictures then what google has provided me. I'd like to do it with a really elaborate kimono and then have some severed heads with it. I was hoping to find an old Japanese folklore book with pictures but have so far been unsuccessful.

I've been looking for awhile for some good bakeneko designs and cannot seem to find any good references. Does anyone have a book or site for good designs that they could direct me to? I know Horitomo has a lot of really cool cats but from what I've seen none of them were really "bakeneko". I plan on getting a tattoo of one soon and would like to see some better pictures then what google has provided me. I'd like to do it with a really elaborate kimono and then have some severed heads with it. I was hoping to find an old Japanese folklore book with pictures but have so far been unsuccessful.

I'm not sure if this will help. It's more of a broad cat reference but I believe these books may have a couple bakeneko or nekomata references. Unfortunately the 1st is temporarily out of stock and the second is in Japanese I believe. The latter one had a cool print of a otokodate or samurai fighting a giant bakeneko or nekomata, if it's the same book I think it is.

Horitomo actually did a really nice nekomata on Grime. It was sitting with a knife in it's mouth. It was posted on Horitomo's or Grime's or Sword & Skull's IG site. I can't remember exactly. I think it's in the monmon book too.

Cats in Ukiyo-E: Japanese Woodblock Prints (Japanese and English Edition):Amazon:Books

Edo Neko [Tankobon Softcover] by Japanese Author:Amazon:Books

I'm not sure if this will help. It's more of a broad cat reference but I believe these books may have a couple bakeneko or nekomata references. Unfortunately the 1st is temporarily out of stock and the second is in Japanese I believe. The latter one had a cool print of a otokodate or samurai fighting a giant bakeneko or nekomata, if it's the same book I think it is.

Horitomo actually did a really nice nekomata on Grime. It was sitting with a knife in it's mouth. It was posted on Horitomo's or Grime's or Sword & Skull's IG site. I can't remember exactly. I think it's in the monmon book too.

Cats in Ukiyo-E: Japanese Woodblock Prints (Japanese and English Edition):Amazon:Books

Edo Neko [Tankobon Softcover] by Japanese Author:Amazon:Books

Thanks for the references =]. I actually saw that cat he did on Grime. He text a picture of it to the dude who was tattooing me right after he got it. I really liked that tattoo.

I recently bought a book called Mythical Beasts of Japan. It has a few bakeneko pictures in it. I don't know if you have already seen these but I'll post them anyway.

Kuniyoshi, Kyosai, Kuniyoshi, Yoshifuji.

Just found this blog. It's not in English but it has a lot of good pictures of Yokai.

Ha ha! I think I just visited that same blog after seeing this post. I saved that 3rd image for my personal reference library. It's a variant of the print I saw in the book I mentioned in my earlier post.