Roc City Tattoo Expo (Rochester, NY) May 2nd-4th

Anyone planning on going to this? I'm debating if I'm going to or not as I only live about 2 hours away. I probably won't get any tattoos here as I'm getting one in the beginning of April.

Also just curious if any artists names really stand out to anyone on here? I'm still a newbie to the tattoo scene.

Artist Roster | Roc City Tattoo Expo

I went last year and it was a lot of fun. It's not a large convention but there were a lot of really great tattooers there and I thought that the crowd was pretty nice. A lot of people were there seemingly to get tattooed instead of just going to gawk. I don't think I'll go this year because I already have two out of town trips planned in May, but I'd otherwise think about it.

I'm not sure that the website is up to date because there are some people on the website who have moved from the shops they're listed at, but there are a bunch of people there I'd really like to get tattooed by, like Jeff Zuck, Brian Bruno, Krooked Ken, Mike Rennie, Danny Reed...I'm actually going to stop there because I'd probably end up listing two dozen names. The point being that the convention has a really solid lineup.

I've never been to this one so someone else should probably weigh in, but from what I gather it seems like a pretty good convention. It's run by an actual tattooer (Jet from Love Hate in Rochester) and in years past plenty of stand-out artists were there. The website still has last year's line-up posted, but I imagine a lot of those artists will return.

It's definitely not as high profile as the SFO convention or some of the big European conventions, but there are still plenty of great artists. I will most likely be there this year, hopefully with at least one appointment.

Thanks guys. If I was single and didn't have multiple travel plans both in and out of the country, I'd probably look to make an appointment with someone, but there's always next years Best In The Midwest which is in my hometown. I still may make the trip out here, if anything just to be exposed to more artists, and maybe pick up a few more things. I got my first tattoo in 1999, and I've waited till now to get my second and this forum has been a huge help.

Looks like me and a buddy are going to be going to this. Since it's only a 2 hour drive or so, we'll probably go on Saturday and spend the day. Maybe bring a little extra cash and maybe get some work done with a walk-up. Their Facebook page is a little updated, but they said for the most part all the artists from last year are gonna be back with a few changes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was all set to go today, but the friends I was going with decided to get a hotel and spend the night, and I didn't want to spend the night. I have a TON of driving to do over the next two weeks (over 2000 miles in less than a week), so I didn't wanna put the extra needless miles on my car. Probably good anyway. I would've ended up spending money I didn't need to when I'm finishing my current project on Tuesday.