Views on these tattooists please

growltiger

I'm going to go for on the back of my shoulder. It's a great spot for showing something off, but also not prone to weight gain or stretch marks if/when I have another baby. The one up my side has blown a bit (I had the BIGGEST belly last time, I looked like Violet Beauregarde after she eats the sweet) so I'm very conscious of having this one in a sensible place.

I'm going to go for on the back of my shoulder. It's a great spot for showing something off' date=' but also not prone to weight gain or stretch marks if/when I have another baby. The one up my side has blown a bit (I had the BIGGEST belly last time, I looked like Violet Beauregarde after she eats the sweet) so I'm very conscious of having this one in a sensible place.[/quote']

WOOO!! This is awesome! Peonies make great shoulder caps too, if you decide to add to them later!

V happy for you, @growltiger. Can't wait to see pics! Also let us know how much hotter you feel with your new piece ;).

Oh, also, ants and peonies go together, if you decide to get a bug as well. (Love the kitsune!) It is the ants going into the buds for the nectar (I think that's right?) that causes the peonies to open up to their full gorgeousness. From bud to open flower.

Awesome.

We met him at Perseverance. He was really cool and chatted with @DJDeepFried about possibly tattooing him. Not sure if/when that will happen, but, yes, his peonies are amazing.

Yeah, Brian Kaneko is truly impressive. @DJDeepFried needs to work on making that happen if it's possible. At Perseverance I met the woman who had the tennyo backpiece tattooed by Brian. She could not recommend him enough. Her tattoo is amazing. She's expanding it with background and half sleeves now. I hope to see the completed tattoo posted one day.

And while he's getting his Brian Kaneko tattoo, @TrixieFaux, you should make that Horitomo tattoo happen. I want to see more monmon cats :-)

BTW, I love the mutual support for the peony occurring here. Good vibes.

Made it to the big city, sat carb loading and main lining tea. I read a load of threads on the train. All these preparations some of you go through. Arnica, ibuprofen, home baking etc. I've brought a kit kat and a bottle of coke! I feel very unprepared.

You know that analogy about swans being all graceful on top but below water they're paddling like mad? That's me. Seemingly cool on the outside, inside going bugger bugger bugger bugger. Exciting though.

See you at the other end :-D

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

DEPOSIT HAS BEEN SENT!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for the all caps. It's not really yelling so much as jumping up and down!

I think all caps is acceptable in this case if not mandatory. Congratulations! I'm happy you're finally getting one. You must be so excited. I can't wait to see it. I definitely want another one too but can't figure out where since all the usual spots are already reserved. I have to live vicariously through others like you.

Just googled those cats, they are brilliant. Is is a particular one you fancy getting?

Well, I'm all peonied up :D The whole not too visible placement thing didn't really work out. He showed me how the design wouldn't work where I wanted it (I'm quite small so the design would have taken up 1/4 of my back and either always looked distorted or had a bra strap right over the kitsune thus ruining his good looks). I had to make a snap decision... so it's on my arm! I've had a few days of wavering between "what have I done" to "oh my it's awesome" and now I'm into "well now I've started..."

Anyway thanks again for all the advice and suggestions. I'll post a pic when it's healed. :D

Just googled those cats, they are brilliant. Is is a particular one you fancy getting?

Well, I'm all peonied up :D The whole not too visible placement thing didn't really work out. He showed me how the design wouldn't work where I wanted it (I'm quite small so the design would have taken up 1/4 of my back and either always looked distorted or had a bra strap right over the kitsune thus ruining his good looks). I had to make a snap decision... so it's on my arm! I've had a few days of wavering between "what have I done" to "oh my it's awesome" and now I'm into "well now I've started..."

Anyway thanks again for all the advice and suggestions. I'll post a pic when it's healed. :D

Congrats on your arm!!! As for your question, I have relayed all my ideas to Horitomo and am just waiting to see what he comes up with. There was a lot of "I like this, and I like that...and it could be this way, or that way..." I'm leaving a lot up to him so I don't really know for sure what I'm going to get!

I nosed on over to instagram to check out your peony...WOW! It looks great!!! And congrats on your awesome visible tattoo. Can't wait to see what you decide on next:p.