Views on these tattooists please

growltiger

Oh my goodness, how do you people take such nice photos of yourselves?! I've contorted myself into the most ridiculous poses and these are the best I can do. So apologies for TERRIBLE photos in advance. I tried, I really did.

Anyway, so here are some healed pics of my arm. I've got myself another appointment with the same artist next week. I'm thinking that I would like him to add more flowers, probably pink peonies. He does amazing flowers, and I am more than happy to let him just draw them on as he thinks best. I was thinking that I'd like him to go up onto my shoulder a bit more at the back, and then underneath my arm and maybe a bit lower down but not too far (down to the elbow). But now I'm excited and want to talk about it and started thinking that maybe I should ask you, oh wise LSTers, if you had any other ideas that I might want to consider? Is this a good idea? Something else? Different layout?

I want to make sure that I've considered all options, as I never intended on getting this tattoo on my arm at all, so haven't really had much time to think it all through! I have an accidental cohesive arm tattoo :D

20140614_134625.jpg

20140614_134934.jpg

20140614_135126.jpg

Thanks everyone :-)

I hadn't considered a traditional Japanese background... that's definitely food for thought. I'll have a look at some.

I do also love his birds, but I wonder if other critters would look odd with the kitsune as the scale would be all out. Though I suppose a bird would be roughly the size of a foxes head perhaps. Too many creatures?

I must admit, I had been thinking ahead to a backpiece... so I'll mention that to Rodrigo so he can factor in making it extendable in the future.

@Pugilist Definitely! I'm really open to his suggestions, I just wanted to be a bit more prepared for this appointment than the last one. Which pretty much went along the lies of me: "on my back?", him: "nope. Arm?", me: " oh uh... go on then." Now, if he says for example "what about adding a traditional Japanese background" I know that I've spent time looking into what that looks like and what *his* look like, more importantly. Now I know that I'd be really happy with that idea, whereas yesterday I wouldn't have known.

I've spent some time today sat in the sun with a nice cold lager browsing both Rodrigo's and other peoples Instagrams to get a feel for it. And I'm very excited and really open to whatever he'd like to do to me really. Yay :-)

• 4 weeks later...