Working a new tat(s) around an existing tat.

So, currently I have the tattoo shown below. It's my only tattoo for now.

I've decided I think I wan to sleeve my whole arm in patriotic/2nd amendment type stuff.

I've got a few ideas I'd like to use but I am finding it hard to come up with a game plan on how to place things around one another. I won't be getting the whole sleeve in one sitting (I have another expensive hobby that takes up more of my time/money).

Here is what I have currently,

IMG_20140325_163218_745.jpg

And here are a few things I've been thinking I'd like to add:

I would like to somehow incorporate the "three percenter" near my current snake, maybe on the back of my forearm... (without the red background)

3plus1flag.jpg

I was also thinking maybe a tattered flag fading down my arm to fill in the areas?

I also wan this emblem somewhere, maybe my shoulder... (in black, no background)

Die_cut_hammer__17465.1372957386.1280.1280.jpg?c=1

Too much for one arm? Just start getting things and see where it goes?

I wish I could find a mannequin arm I could draw on or something...

EDIT: Sorry, I tried to make the images smaller...

Edited by Pyzik
Sorry, I tried to make the images smaller...

First of all, I love the join or die imagery even if I am not American nor patriotic. :)

Second, I know people always say this here, but I promise it's not a throwaway line - if you find a tattooer you trust who you want to work on this with, this is exactly the kind of question they should be able to help you with. I always remind myself that tattooers are the pros at design, and give them my ideas and then trust their judgment on how to make it work!

• 2 months later...

If you don't mind me weighing in on the matter i think if you want the three percenter with your existing tat, I'd personally go for it in a light blue/ shaded cyan and accentuate the snake with some colouring and shading, then move up the arm and at the top have your tattered flag so that it covers your shoulder and drapes onto your arm, i like the design so far and i think that with the emblem, it would probably look best around the ditch/ outside of the elbow and then background it with your further ideas. That IMO would probably work best.

If you don't mind me weighing in on the matter i think if you want the three percenter with your existing tat, I'd personally go for it in a light blue/ shaded cyan and accentuate the snake with some colouring and shading, then move up the arm and at the top have your tattered flag so that it covers your shoulder and drapes onto your arm, i like the design so far and i think that with the emblem, it would probably look best around the ditch/ outside of the elbow and then background it with your further ideas. That IMO would probably work best.

Thanks for the advice. I'll have to consider the color. Not much of a colored tattoo kind of guy (or at least I never thought of myself as one).

I like the idea of where to put the emblem too!