SeeSea

The ladies thread

Recently got my inner right thigh tattooed, wore my little black skater dress with short shorts underneath. What normally wear to get lower legs tattooed. And I'm so glad, I did! lol  Some of the positions, I was in... let's just say, very un-lady like! lol But worth it. Def more comfy wearing that, but each to their own :)

Edited by purplelace

Hi ladies! I was hoping to hear from some of you who've shaved your arms for tattoos. I've never shaved my arms, and I'm worried that the hair (which is currently very soft, fine, and light in color) would grow back different -- coarser, darker, or just different? Any horror stories and/or stories of reassurance? Would any of you recommend waxing instead?

Thanks!

hey @keepcalm , I only have one arm tattoo so far , its on the under/ outer side of my forearm. My arms aren't massively hairy, but the artist did need to shave the area anyway and the hair grew back no different to my other arm which is tattoo free in the same area. Everyone is different I guess, but I woud assume as a once off you woudnt notice much difference. I remember a girl in high school shaved her arms all the time and the hair always grew back rather intense, but my guess is that's due to the repeated shaving. 

PIPES 2015 MAY.jpg

I wanted to share this sad but informative long-form piece from Jezebel called "The Tattoo Industry Is Having Its Own Wrenching, Revelatory 'Me Too' Moment."

Personally, I (a woman) have been tattooed by three different men, and all of them were nothing but professional. I cannot imagine the horror and helplessness I would feel if a tattooer decided to sexually assault me while I was being tattooed! Talk about a vulnerable position! On the other side of the coin, it is disgusting to think that some female tattooers have had to put up with sexually suggestive comments/actions/pictures/etc. from clients while attempting to provide them with professional service.

I hope no one here has a story like that.

It is mentioned in the article as "an old cliché," but I think one of the more dangerous and harmful myths out there about women with tattoos is that we are "sexually available, and that [our] tattoos are there for men's pleasure." I am ready for that twisted belief to die a cold, hard death. Forever.

Hello! I hope that this is the right place to ask these questions - I've already read through the entire thread and found lots of excellent information, so thank you all for that! 

I'm getting my left upper thigh and half of my back tattooed in December/January, and I was wondering, if I'm not very hairy (I'm Asian so really just a tiny bit of peach fuzz), will they shave me anyway before my tattoo?

I'm also wondering if anyone meditates to help deal with the pain?  This is my first large tattoo (I have 2 fairly small ones already) and after reading through the back tattoo thread, I'm a little worried.  I already meditate now and practice breathing techniques, but I want to be as prepared as possible.  

I have to travel for my tattoo (1.5 hour flight each way) and for my first session for the outline (6 hours scheduled), I have booked my flight in and out on the same day - was this a silly move?  

Last question that might seem really dumb - if the majority of my tattoo will be on my back, I imagine I'll be lying down on my front a lot so I was wondering if I should get a straw to drink water from?  

1) You can shave or they can...I always shave myself. 🙂

2) Yes (kinda). Bring your music and earbuds. Eat. Drink. Rest up the night before. Bring snacks. Lots of sugary snacks. Six hours is a long appointment. Bring a pashima or hoodie to make yourself extra comfy. Don't forget your phone charger!

3) You are going to be stressed about your flight but you will be fine. You will be all wrapped up!

4) There will be plenty options to drink you water, coconut water, Gatorade, etc. It's not like you are pinned down. 

You got this!

@naturalbornchiller