The ladies thread

SeeSea

This is really something to discuss with him, but that drawing is so so great!!! I also think it's a drawing with a lot of flexibility in it, so I suspect if there is any skin that poses problems (let's say for finer details or whatever), that should be really easy to adjust. It's not hard to shift the positions of those leaves, for example.

@HettyKet i'm not a post pregnancy girl or anything, just a fat girl with stretch marks and a stomach tattoo, and for me it wasn't any issue! i think that design is awesome and would suit the placement you wish to put it in realllllllly well, i'd say go for it! but of course at the end of the day its something to discuss with your tattooist. i know some people feel iffy about tattooing over stretch marks but also many others who say its no big deal. it just can cause them to raise a bit whilst you're getting tattooed/any lines over them may appear wonky but they will settle down again

Cheers Pugilist :)

I'd figured the leaf placements would probably pretty flexible, glad you agree. Maybe that'd help. The ifs and hows of stem crossing right up through the vertical crumpling that makes me dubious about really asking properly. There's a crazy amount of position dependent movement going on but at least it's symmetrical. Oh, the joys of motherhood.

But, yes, don't think I can mange to kick the idea so I shall just have swallow my pride, ask and show. That makes me really rather nervous.

49531 - thankfully I know he's confident (and more than competent) with knackered skin, so that's not a worry. Had wondered if it was daft idea for placement, centralized like that, good to hear it makes sense to someone else too!

Tattooers tattoo over all sorts of scars, stretch marks, etc. Don't feel embarrassed or worried! This is the job, what makes it challenging and interesting. They have seen it all! I felt self-conscious when I started going onto my thighs because I have lots of cellulite. I wasn't sure how designs would turn out. The answer is obvious: my thighs are ten times cooler now. :)

Cool thighs hey? There's something I'll drink to :)

He's covered a load of old scars for me when he working on my arm, that too is now a damned site cooler than it was! The Plan (ha!) was not to bother him/anyone with the worst skin for quite some time, I hadn't though of lived in skin as a interesting challenge but, yeah, I can see that. Have thought of it as more as asking a big favour. Hmm.

Oh, yeah, and while I'm here -

Has anyone (older or post weightless, probably) noticed a subtitle but significant improvement in the texture and firmness of skin once it's tattooed?

Maybe I'm delusional but I'm sure I have, another reason my toad covered bingo wing is cooler than it's naked sister. But, surely there's not enough ink retained to cause that, maybe something like happens with dermaroller treatment?

The skin on my thigh's a bit smoother and firmer where it's tattooed. I scar easily, so I figured some of the firmness was just due to a light, even layer of scar tissue. For what it's worth, part of the tattoo goes over some old stretch marks and it's settled in fine there.

I do notice that my tattooed skin has slightly less sensitivity than my non-tattooed skin.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I have a question for you ladies who have done a full back piece..

How did you manage your front whilst being tattooed, did you use tape? I'm a 10E, so am trying to find a solution before I get to the tattoo shop and boob all over the place!

Also, with healing.. How long until you were able to comfortably wear a bra again?

I should note that I am not doing a short session.. I've booked my full back to be completed in three full days sitting (because the artist is only in NZ for a short amount of time, not because I enjoy that amount of punishment). So will likely be a swollen/bruised/bloody/inky mess by the end of day three!

Any advice would be appreciated x

• 4 weeks later...

Do any of you have chest pieces done (sternum/collar bone area especially)? Has it affected how you're able to dress for work or any other stuffy professional occasions. I feel like women's tops are generally lower cut. At least more exposing that men in ties or plain t-shirts.

If you think it may get in the way of your professional attire, I'd generally avoid it. Or make sure it's easily covered up (leaving people to believe you are a prude- not a bad thing, ha). Button ups can be your friend. I have my collarbone done and can manage to cover when needed. Typically I just pretend it's not there and dress as I choose, occasionally tossing a chunky necklace on it.

Example- post-51739-146168874583_thumb.jpg

I agree that button-up shirts are probably the way to go if you do this. Which is why I personally won't do that area at the moment as someone who covers up at work - it is indeed very limiting! So it's up to you whether or not you want to cover up for work, and if so, if you are willing to limit your wardrobe that much. I think chest/collarbones is a very visible tattoo for women.

Yay, a photo! Haha. I mentioned this in another thread, but I love seeing pictures of people with tattoos just in regular life doing regular things. It helps me when I'm thinking about placement for future work. I'm anal about it, and I like to be able to picture what I would look like with tattoos in particular places on my body.

I wish I had more pictures of myself with my tattoos showing. And sadly now winter is arriving, and all but my face has been covered lately!

@keepcalm I agree. It's nice to see everyday photo of people sometimes. I find online it's usually zoomed in on the artwork (fantastic!) or professional odel photos that are not quite everyday, ha. I don't even know if I make sense. I usually don't prior to having my coffee. ;) @pidjones Ha! Thank you! I'm forced to disagree- I'd vote there's not a homely looking one among you bunch.

@DeathB4Decaf Thanks for posting a picture! It's great to be able to see people just hanging out with their tattoos.

@Pugilist I definitely agree. I'm still in school (and working from home) so I'll probably end up waiting until I've settled into a career etc. etc. It seems like every office has a different policy and attitude towards these kinds of things.

(also I hope I tagged people correctly? I am not great at the internet)

If you think it may get in the way of your professional attire, I'd generally avoid it. Or make sure it's easily covered up (leaving people to believe you are a prude- not a bad thing, ha). Button ups can be your friend. I have my collarbone done and can manage to cover when needed. Typically I just pretend it's not there and dress as I choose, occasionally tossing a chunky necklace on it.

Example- [ATTACH]11680[/ATTACH]

I saw this and said DAMN, Barbie got some ink!

SENT FROM MY LG G FLEX ON THE NOW NETWORK FROM SPRINT!?✌

Gosh...Barbie...!?!

I will give you the benefit of doubt and assume this was meant to be a compliment... but just so you know, most women have no interest whatsoever in looking even remotely like a stupid doll.

That wasn't meant to be a compliment and he knows it. This guy has been an ignorant, disrespectful jerk since he signed up for this board, he gets no benefit of the doubt.