The ladies thread

SeeSea

Getting back on topic -

Quick tip for the well-endowed ladies who are concerned about bra straps.... I bought a strapless Wonderbra (the kind with the plastic type hand shapes built in) and it is miraculous! I'd even go to far as say it's better than some of my bras that have straps as far as cleavage goes!!! I've been wearing one ever since getting my shoulder tattooed on Saturday and have purchased another. It's comfy, gives me plenty of support(!) and solves that pesky bra strap issue. The one thing I would advise is to make sure you try on first as sizing can be a little off. These have become one of more wardrove essentials, especially now I have a beautiful tattoo to show off.

(PS, I accidentally posted this in the wrong thread yesterday - I've now moved it to here!)

Exxxxcellent. I'm obsessed with finding a cute off-the-shoulder holiday dress to show off my bats, but strapless bras tend to betray me, suddenly but inevitably.

@Pugilist - in your new role as a mod, I'd like to request, if the rules permit, that this poster's comments be removed from my thread.

I started this thread for the Ladies for tattooing issues we face that the guys don't. I didn't say guys aren't welcome - I said they were and several have provided good suggestions and everyone is welcome.

But personally, I am more offended seeing this kind of garbage on a thread for ladies, started by a lady, than I do elsewhere on this board. I came here this morning and frankly, feel ill and disappointed to see this type of misogynistic behavior in a thread specifically for women.

I also respectfully ask the poster in question not to reply, but to please go post elsewhere. I don't want to see any more of this behavior on this thread.

I'm also asking those of us who would like to explain this to him, to refrain responding as well. Just let it die, ignore him, and he'll stop.

Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahhh, I missed that he was just banned. Thank you for that. I hope @Pugilist was the one to do it.

Hahaha I wish - i wasn't a mod yet when @hogg smote/smited/smoted (how do you say this?) him. Re: deleting posts, I am still finding my way around so I am not 100% sure how things work, but I think the tendency is not to delete these things, partly because then it becomes confusing (you see everyone's replies but not what they are replying to). I agree that it bums me out to see an awesome thread get polluted like this, but I also think it may not be terrible to have an example of the kind of behaviour that is not OK here, for future meatheads. That said, I hope we can at the very least bury it with more bra talk, haha.

Seriously, I am getting my shoulders done next week so I am appreciating the strapless bra talk! For ladies who have had their shoulders tattooed - did you find that you needed the strapless bra for the duration of healing? I can't quite figure out if it will interfere with bra-wearing but I guess I will have to wait and see. I think my strapless is also convertible into a racerback which should allow me to use straps but stay away from the edges of my shoulders. I should really check, and also give you guys the name of it, because it is yet another one of these rare beauties that works for us well-endowed ladies.

And to talk more of undergarments... getting your hip tattooed when the weather is cold enough out to warrant jeans and pants is stupid. I've been in leggings or tights with skirts for two weeks because the seams rub on my tattoo just the right way and make it hurt, still. I feel like a huge wuss for admitting this, but, wow, next time I am going to get tattooed when it is warm enough out to wear loose clothing and dresses!!!

Hahaha I wish - i wasn't a mod yet when @hogg smote/smited/smoted (how do you say this?) him. Re: deleting posts, I am still finding my way around so I am not 100% sure how things work, but I think the tendency is not to delete these things, partly because then it becomes confusing (you see everyone's replies but not what they are replying to). I agree that it bums me out to see an awesome thread get polluted like this, but I also think it may not be terrible to have an example of the kind of behaviour that is not OK here, for future meatheads. That said, I hope we can at the very least bury it with more bra talk, haha.

Seriously, I am getting my shoulders done next week so I am appreciating the strapless bra talk! For ladies who have had their shoulders tattooed - did you find that you needed the strapless bra for the duration of healing? I can't quite figure out if it will interfere with bra-wearing but I guess I will have to wait and see. I think my strapless is also convertible into a racerback which should allow me to use straps but stay away from the edges of my shoulders. I should really check, and also give you guys the name of it, because it is yet another one of these rare beauties that works for us well-endowed ladies.

Back to the bra talk, lol..... I'm a week on from having my shoulder cap tattooed (top to just past where your strap would sit, front over collarbone, around the top of the arm and a lot of the shoulder blade). I'm still in the strapless bra (to be fair, I am kind of loving them - never thought I'd have this chest and say that!). I tried a soft sports bra yesterday, but it felt a bit sore on the very top of the shoulder. Needless to say it came straight off. I'm very conscious of spoiling my tattoo by having anything rubbing against it, so I'd imagine staying strapless for at least another week. Who knows, I may never go back to straps!!

@Puglist - too bad you didn't get to wield the hammer on that one! :-)

Racerback really helped me with back of the shoulders. Mine has thinner straps and crosses very high up so the tops of my shoulders and both shoulder blades were completely clear.

- - - Updated - - -

And to talk more of undergarments... getting your hip tattooed when the weather is cold enough out to warrant jeans and pants is stupid. I've been in leggings or tights with skirts for two weeks because the seams rub on my tattoo just the right way and make it hurt, still. I feel like a huge wuss for admitting this, but, wow, next time I am going to get tattooed when it is warm enough out to wear loose clothing and dresses!!!

I was just trying to figure this out. One of my next 2 sessions will be all below the waist to butt crack and I've been wondering what to wear or if I will be able to sit in a car and drive! I don't wear skirts but I think I have a couple laying around that I almost donated last month but didn't have the heart to because the "still fit" and "that style could come back around again soon." LOL! I may have to be fashion backwards for a couple weeks. I don't think tights are an option - oh my, is it possible I still have garters laying around somewhere?!?

I found that leggings without underwear were the best for me, or something high waisted, or a long shirt tucked into pants thus protecting the area (sort of) from invasive seams and waistbands. Too bad you don't live closer, I have a ton of high waisted skirts! :o

@Raven the only thing I wouldn't recommend to wear is a sports crop, the ones that don't have hooks that are basically one piece of fabric. I stupidly wore a racerback one when getting my shoulder and arm lined, and while it was perfect for the session, getting if off afterwards was another story.

@Raven the only thing I wouldn't recommend to wear is a sports crop, the ones that don't have hooks that are basically one piece of fabric. I stupidly wore a racerback one when getting my shoulder and arm lined, and while it was perfect for the session, getting if off afterwards was another story.

Oh my gosh, yes. I could barely lift my arm the day after mine (7 hrs straight tattooing). I wore a halterneck dress for the session, so easily slipped out of it, but put a t-shirt on for the first night to protect my sheets - big mistake. Not only did it stick (had to gently soak it off), but it was a nightmare to get off.

I found that leggings without underwear were the best for me, or something high waisted, or a long shirt tucked into pants thus protecting the area (sort of) from invasive seams and waistbands. Too bad you don't live closer, I have a ton of high waisted skirts! :o

If I see you on Sunday, I might take you up on that!

I just wore a tank underneath my bra, so the strap and band were cushioned. It was the thinness of the strap, and the edges digging in that bugged me, not the pressure. It was already chilly here the last time, so I could get away with another shirt over my tres attractive bra-on-top look, though, which I know not everyone can if they're dealing with work clothes. But if you have a convertible bra that works, I imagine that would probably be more comfortable and attractive the way all around.

I didn't go strapless for the duration of the healing of my shoulder caps; just a few days, I think it healed pretty fast! A strapless bra that works for me is the Wacoal Red Carpet Full-Busted Strapless (854119). It comes with removable straps. I've never worn it under anything but strapless dresses, but it functions well.

Just tripped across these lacy fingerless gloves with UV protection - pretty colors and it made me think of those of you with sleeves wanting sun protection. These are lined, so they would be great for events like weddings or cooler days when you need some warmth, although they don't look that heavy. Pretty cute.

But...not what I'm looking for. I need some heavy fur lined gloves for this glorious stretch of 23 degrees we are having. Oh, I wish that were Celsius!

Well, I womaned up and dared to bear my post-natal belly at my appointment yesterday - thank you all for the encouragement! Turns out the skin wasn't a problem at all, a bit of a challenge but doable (just like you said @Pugilist). Only got the lining and a teeny bit of shading done in the time available but TBH that was plenty. Sternum and navel were, urm, fun.

Scanned through this thread as mobile internet isn't great and would take me all day to read everything (I get edge which is slowwwwww!) Anyway back on topic, regards getting top of shoulders/arm joint aeea tattooed, a bra with a soft strap works well, I need to wear a bra and the tattooist just slippee the strap off. Like the advice re: back tattoo. Still to venture to my back, but that's for the future. I have got tattooed during that time of month before and no problems. I found in the rare occasion that it happens or leading up to it, that getting tattooed helps.

Also any other ladies fall asleep? I fell asleep getting my last one done, had dozed in previous sessions.

@purplelace Haha, never been close to falling asleep, I'm super alert and aware during a session :)

I read a new members intro thread where this someone said that they preferred a female artist because they worked in a male dominated field and wanted to support fellow females.

I can kind of relate, I work in an extremely male dominated line of work (computer networks) and I was now wondering who everybody favorite female artist were. Give me some lists :)

Wendy Pham & Valerie Vargas is kind of a given. I also really like this woman in Sweden, Kajsa, who works at Red Rose Tattoo in Gothenburg, instagram.

Edited by Rawok
grammar

@Rawok, I think it's because I find getting tattooed relaxing, esp getting my legs done. And I'm either travelling nearly 2 hours to get tattooed or if I stay over the night before. I don't sleep well the night before, am from the countryside and find the city noisy. But I get a sleep when am there :) It's all good.