The ladies thread

SeeSea

OMG, sorry to change the subject but its a woman's topic and Holy Crap, I have to share. So my first two sittings for my 3/4 sleeve and first ever tattoo were smack dab in the middle of my period. I sucked up 4 hours each time, put a thin smile on my face and silently died. Those two sittings were as bad as having chest tubes inserted between my ribs without pain killers and labor, possibly combined. I was honestly wondering if I could get through this. But today was my first normal sit. It was seriously the best experience ever! The pain went from being a 12 to a meer 3-4 and peaked near the pit at a 6. I was able to chat the entire time with him if we weren't singing, where before all I could do was sit like a stone. This was such a great experience, we both had a blast. I did sit for 5 hours this time but I made him stop since he was suposed to be leaving with the family for vacation. So the moral of my story.....do yourself a favor and don't do it!

@Beans One of my tattoos on my arm was during period and I swore if I could help it, never fucking again! All the rest either been before or after period. Newest tattoo my period ended on Wednesday and got new on the Thursday! The times got tattooed before period, it did hurt bit more afterwards than getting it done just after period or when not near cycle. Totally agree with @beez if you can schedule around it.

And on the subject of clothes, I just wear black bootleg jeans, they are loose enough on leg to wear with new tattoos and not tight on any part of my leg. (Though they do make my ass look good) As for top half, practically live in hoodies all year round. Office is cold so wear clothes for it and, not what it is outside, though it is Ireland we're talking about here so never gets stupid hot lol Sometimes do wear t-shirts to work, but they are short-sleeved and, they cover those tattoos that are on the tops of my arms. Tattooist asked me on Thursday, if ever would get forearms done. I laughed and, said some day might say fuck it and get them done but for now, no. He just grinned and, said fair enough. Could see him looking longingly at my arms, thinking of what he could do with them.

Yeah, sorry for tangent x

In the more recent 'clothes for tattoos and the workplace' vein, somebody reminded me about eshakti recently. I ordered some shirts from them for a family reunion coming up. You can get stuff made to your personal measurements, which is cool in the first place just on its own (a little over $7 to do so), and you can also specify on most garments what kind of sleeve you want. Useful!

What a cool site! I love sleeveless, but have to avoid that at work now. Adding little cap sleeves is a wonderful option! Thank you!!!

I hadn't meant that passive-aggressively.

I understand, and I didn't mean to start a BDSM or feminism conversation. It's a tattoo that I kept coming back to and looking at done by an artist whom I think is exceptionally talented and is close to where I live. I'm considering having a tattoo done by her at some point, though nothing like this image. It's one of the more violent (without being campy) tattoos I've ever seen, so I thought I'd throw it out there.

I've never been tattooed by a female artist before and I really want to.

OMG, sorry to change the subject but its a woman's topic and Holy Crap, I have to share. So my first two sittings for my 3/4 sleeve and first ever tattoo were smack dab in the middle of my period. I sucked up 4 hours each time, put a thin smile on my face and silently died. Those two sittings were as bad as having chest tubes inserted between my ribs without pain killers and labor, possibly combined. I was honestly wondering if I could get through this. But today was my first normal sit. It was seriously the best experience ever! The pain went from being a 12 to a meer 3-4 and peaked near the pit at a 6. I was able to chat the entire time with him if we weren't singing, where before all I could do was sit like a stone. This was such a great experience, we both had a blast. I did sit for 5 hours this time but I made him stop since he was suposed to be leaving with the family for vacation. So the moral of my story.....do yourself a favor and don't do it!

When it was getting closer to my appointment (yesterday), I had an uh oh moment and had to grab the calendar to make sure it wasn't going to be period time-whew, that's one more week. He's so fricken busy, I'd've had to suck it up and deal. It wouldn't have even crossed my mind but I had a mammogram done in March and thought I was going to pass out, whereas the ones I'd had before hadn't even registered on my pain scale-my coworker was the one who figured out it was b/c it was period time. What a difference!

I'm pretty sure most of my tattoos have been when I'm on my period, I dodn't even realise there was much of a difference with pain! My last one on my calf definetly was at that time, and the last half-hournof the 2 hour session was hell, while my previous one on my calf was more-or-less fine, although I don't rememberbwhegherbI was on my period then or not. I just thought I was being weak gor being in that much painnover a two hour session, at least now I have an excuse haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new here and hope I'm posting appropriately.

I'm having the beginnings of a new piece done tomorrow that's going to go from lower abdomen to ribcage - and I'm having the bottom bit of it done tomorrow. What would you suggest I wear during the tattoo and also afterwards? I was thinking a dress would make more sense in terms of healing as it won't make contact with the skin, but what do I do when having it done? Wear big knickers and hoick my frock up or wear shorts and a tank and then change afterwards? And what of knickers afterwards - they're going to cover a lot of this tattoo - do I want to go commando until it heals?

Apologies for all the questions - it's not my first tattoo but it's my first good one and I want to make sure I don't screw up healing it.

For a session like that I wear wide waistband "yoga" pants/shorts and a stretchy tank top. One time the tattoo was low enough that everything got in the way, so I only wore one of their disposable blue med sheet things as a sarong and my tank top.

I stuck with dresses after and my normal knickers.

• 2 weeks later...

My sister snapped this photo of me today at the beach. So weird. Now I think I finally understand the whole never feeling naked thing, hah.

And yes, all the sunblock reapplied non-stop, and I was only on my front for like 5mins while texting, hah. I feel like I need to justify the bare back in sun to you fine ladies. And no, it's obviously not done. Not even close. :'(

TcfOOjw.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ladies!

So yesterday for the first time I wore one of those sports-bra tops to my hot yoga class instead of a full tank top... This was helpful in getting a better idea of what my body was doing during postures, and good for the heat. But more importantly, I started wanting a tattoo centered on my sternum... Yoga class always makes me think of what tattoos I need! Good idea though, right?! Not this exactly, but this type of placement:

Hi ladies!

So yesterday for the first time I wore one of those sports-bra tops to my hot yoga class instead of a full tank top... This was helpful in getting a better idea of what my body was doing during postures, and good for the heat, but more importantly, I started wanting a tattoo centered on my sternum... Yoga class always makes me think of what tattoos I need! Good idea though, right?! Not this exactly, but this type of placement:

It always makes me wonder what those tattoos will look like when the girls aren't so perky. Like they are hanging over the fence?

It always makes me wonder what those tattoos will look like when the girls aren't so perky. Like they are hanging over the fence?

I don't think I'm busty enough to have to worry too much about that!

For those it does happen to, they probably either a) don't care since saggy boobs are saggy boobs whether you have a tattoo to hang over or not, b) stop wearing revealing clothing, or c) sports bras help pull everything back in place and they only have to be saggy in the shower... ?

:D