The ladies thread

SeeSea

• 3 weeks later...

I found an awesome little bra that's working out well for when you can't wear a bra strap!!https://www.victoriassecret.com//bras/strapless-and-multi-way/backless-lace-push-up-bra-style-secrets?ProductID=112733&CatalogueType=OLS&origin=search

Not perfect but getting me through not being able to wear anything on my back!

• 4 weeks later...

Today I'm off to get both feet done. They're only fairly small so I'm not fretting about the pain (in spite of surprise period arrival yesterday, ugh) but I've realised I'm being a total idiot about what to wear to the shop. My inner monologue is all kinds of "I just want them to think well of me!" and it's so ridiculous!

Reading the advice in this thread I'm definitely going to pack ibuprofen. I didn't for my back (which was 5x 4 hour sessions) but I think today might be better safe than sorry. Periods are not fun. Tattoos should be, and I don't want one to interfere with the other!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know a few ladies posted about getting tattooed before/around having their period and I have to say that it DOES make a difference! If you can, I recommend NOT getting tattooed the day before your period is due... Will be a much more pleasant experience if you are mid-cycle.

I know a few ladies posted about getting tattooed before/around having their period and I have to say that it DOES make a difference! If you can, I recommend NOT getting tattooed the day before your period is due... Will be a much more pleasant experience if you are mid-cycle.

That shit is REAL.

@cltattooing - I've been making a conscious effort to not get tattooed around the time Aunt Flo is due in town to avoid a more painful session, mostly because I get tattooed so rarely that I want to enjoy the experience as much as possible. I'm glad I've been able to avoid it until this past time. Aiyeeeeee, I can't imagine what having my back done at that time would be like.

I do not envy you that experience!

So this isn't a ladies question in particular but I didn't know if there was another thread that was appropriate and I like it here :) I'm having tattoo fear - my appointment is in December and has been booked since July, and her books are now closed as she's booked til next June. But I'm having doubts and second thoughts and am just very worried. But if I cancel it, it'll be a hell of a wait if I decide to go back and do it again. Argh, I'm so stressed.

Hi @Eevee - Is this your first tattoo? Sorry I think I missed your intro thread. Are you worried about getting the tattoo at all, or worried about going through the actual process? It's certainly normal to be nervous as it comes up, but you have some time. Maybe talk to your tattooer and try to find why you are feeling these nerves?

Having to wait until June to really make sure you are ready is not a big deal. Many artists have a wait list, sometimes years' long. It took 14 months for me to get into my last tattoo. So don't sweat that part. Just don't put it off and reschedule unless you are really sure that in the extra 6 months you can resolve it. Not fair to the artist.

Hi @SeeSea - no, not my first tattoo, but the first arranged by distance rather than with in person consultations. So I won't see the artwork til the day of the appointment and I think that's what's making me nervous - it's a long way for me to travel (to London) if I end up not liking the direction she's taken with the idea or whatever. I realise it's not that long a list in the scheme of things (9-12 months) though.

It's just the uncertainty of not knowing what she'll draw up and whether it'll be what I want. It's my first forearm piece so the most 'visible' of the work I've got as well and I think that's worrying me too.

I could probably ramble about this for days so I'll stop now - I'm a natural worrier I think! :/

Happy anniversary!

Most of the tattoos I've gotten have been arranged long distance. As someone who is not artistic in the slightest, I put a lot of confidence into my artists' designs. Sometimes when I see what they came up with it's not quite like I had imagined, but it was still very much that artist's interpretation of my idea, and at the end of the day that's all I really wanted. And I enjoy all the tattoos I have very much.

With that said, I don't see why you can't ask your artist to keep you updated on the design process. Mention all your concerns - the long distance, the visibility of the tattoo, etc. I think if you do it in a polite way, they would be very understanding. Good luck!