The ladies thread

SeeSea

I agree with @growltiger. I don't have tattoos on my belly, so no experience here, but did have a baby and didn't get any stretch marks. The belly has a somewhat different shape than before now but to be honest I'm not doing much exercise and I'm not that young anymore, all these things may play into it. Under the bottom line, you don't know in which way your body is going to change but the tattoo would get stretched for sure, so keep that in mind ;-)

@KBeee I've heard both sides re: tattoos stretching after pregnancy. So there may be no way to predict what will happen to your body. Therefore, the best piece of advice may be to err on the side of caution IF the tattoo looking wonky after pregnancy is a concern to you.

Here is a link to a blog I follow called Sometimes Sweet: Sometimes Sweet: Tattoo Tuesday V.100

The author used to do a Tattoo Tuesday series, so on the 100th Tuesday, she talked about her tattoos. A little more than halfway down she posted pictures of her rib piece before and after giving birth to her first son. They didn't change at all. Just an example.

Here are some of my picks for tattoo comfort:

Comfort bras - Shop || Welcome to The Coobie Bra Store || The World's Most Comfortable Bra

They also offer a bandeau (one with and one without pads)

Shop || Welcome to The Coobie Bra Store || The World's Most Comfortable Bra

Thanks for this - I just went over to check them out, and they are currently running a sale on the bandeaus for Easter. Buy 3 or more, and save $20. Since they are all only $18, that means buy 2 and get a third free! And that's what I did! Coupon: bunny

Small rant- looking on Google image search for women with Japanese sleeve tattoos turns up picture after picture of pouting beauties in which the tattoo is not clearly visible' date=' but oh! look at the sulky/coquettish tattooed lady! Sigh.[/quote']

Yeah, it's super frustrating! Head to some tattooers websites and check out their galleries for large back pieces...you'll see tattoos instead of super pouty women.

Here are pics of Junii from like 30 years ago!! These pics were in my inspiration file before I even knew who she was, who Horitoshi was, that Diamond club existed, or that she tattooed. :)

Yeah' date=' it's super frustrating! Head to some tattooers websites and check out their galleries for large back pieces...you'll see tattoos instead of super pouty women. Here are pics of Junii from like 30 years ago!! These pics were in my inspiration file before I even knew who she was, who Horitoshi was, that Diamond club existed, or that she tattooed. :)[/quote']

Oops, not letting me upload from my phone. Working on it!

And on another note: Mummies/Mommies with tattoos... my 10 year old daughter imagined the tattoo I am getting tomorrow would be smaller. Now that she has realised I am getting my upper arm covered she is upset. I asked her why she is upset and she said "Because I want a normal mummy!".

Heart -broken-.

And on another note: Mummies/Mommies with tattoos... my 10 year old daughter imagined the tattoo I am getting tomorrow would be smaller. Now that she has realised I am getting my upper arm covered she is upset. I asked her why she is upset and she said "Because I want a normal mummy!".

Heart -broken-.

Aw, poor mommy! Kids are so honest with what they are feeling in the moment and they don't hold back, do they? It's a good thing...but hurts sometimes! It's a good chance to ask her what's normal anyway and what's so great about it? The most normal looking mom may spend her time behind closed doors screaming her head off at her kids, who knows? It probably has more to do with change being scary. You're going to look different. My daughter kind of freaks out every time I change my hair. I told her, I've been dying my hair since I was 13, I'm not going to stop now...change is fun, you'll get used to it. And of course she always does. Then I change it again. Your daughter will get used to your new tattoo! She just needs to learn that having pictures on your skin doesn't change who you are and realizing this can help her grow up to be more open minded.

Haha, I just asked my 6 yo daughter for fun, "Stella do you like tattoos?" She goes, "Nah, I don't wanna get one." I laughed and said, "But do you like them on others?" She said, "Yeah." Then she went to jump on her trampoline.

Heart -broken-.

I remember crying when my mom cut off all her hair - kids resist change. It took me about 10 minutes to forget all about it. She'll love how pretty your arm looks. Good luck with it!

Thanks @TrixieFaux and @El Dolmago

I think she'll get over it too. I gave her a big hug and reminded her that she didn't -really- have a normal mummy anyway. She said, "oh, yeah..." Heh. I reassured her that just because I was getting an upper arm tattoo didn't mean I was going to suddenly pick her up from school in a tank top (because that's not what I normally wear).

I also printed out for her the koi design I'm getting and asked her to colour it for me. Now she's really excited and wants to show the tattoo artist her colour choices ;)

Thanks @TrixieFaux and @El Dolmago

I think she'll get over it too. I gave her a big hug and reminded her that she didn't -really- have a normal mummy anyway. She said, "oh, yeah..." Heh. I reassured her that just because I was getting an upper arm tattoo didn't mean I was going to suddenly pick her up from school in a tank top (because that's not what I normally wear).

I also printed out for her the koi design I'm getting and asked her to colour it for me. Now she's really excited and wants to show the tattoo artist her colour choices ;)

I love this and think it is super sweet!

@TrixieFaux, I believe it was @Tesseracts? But great idea for sure!
Yep, I'm the one who found that thing, I'm glad people like it.

I haven't read all of this thread yet, but I think it's a great idea.

I have a question, does anyone else ever get the wrong type of attention for their tattoos? Today somebody on another website messaged me saying they like me because I'm "innovative," whatever that means, and then asked me if I'm a "tattoo freak." I don't know this person at all and don't seem to have anything in common with him, he doesn't even live on the same hemisphere. I don't mind if guys are into girls with tattoos or whatever, but I'm not used to getting unsolicited attention from strangers, and the way he's acting is odd.

How sweet!

I actually saw some tattoo colouring books at the Tate Modern shop the other day and initially thought that it was a bit over the top to get little kids into tattoos already...but your story brings a totally new perspective to this. I'm curious to see how my two year old son is going to react to my first tattoo :-)

Yep, I'm the one who found that thing, I'm glad people like it.

I haven't read all of this thread yet, but I think it's a great idea.

I have a question, does anyone else ever get the wrong type of attention for their tattoos? Today somebody on another website messaged me saying they like me because I'm "innovative," whatever that means, and then asked me if I'm a "tattoo freak." I don't know this person at all and don't seem to have anything in common with him, he doesn't even live on the same hemisphere. I don't mind if guys are into girls with tattoos or whatever, but I'm not used to getting unsolicited attention from strangers, and the way he's acting is odd.

Oh girrrrrrrrrl, this happens nearly every day in NYC for me. I once was buying lightbulbs and this older guy who worked at the store thought it would be a good idea to ask me about them ("did it hurt", "what's it mean" yaddayaddayadda) and then went into a story how his daughter got a piercing while doing a study abroad in France (because tattoos and piercings are the same thing) and that he greeted her at the airport with a DOG LEASH to hook on to it. He took her to the pediatrician to get it taken out because he didn't want her to go to "one of those street shops" I quickly grabbed my changed and left with barely saying a word to this guy because my jaw was on the floor that someone would have the audacity to a.treat their daughter that way and then b. triumphantly tell a stranger about it.

I got stories like this for days. People touching me on the train, chasing me across streets.....

Yeah, the unsolicited attention can be a bit much. I had a man inquiring about my about pain tolerance/threshold in a really creepy, sexual way; it was gross. I've had a man follow me, chanting a prayer. Some people have weird hangups and misconceptions regarding tattoos (esp tattooed women), other people don't know when to shut up or how to think before they open their mouth, other people are just disgusting specimens of humanity. The only thing I can control is how I react (which is usually exciting the scene very quickly).

On the brighter side, a friends young son told his mom she should get decorated fancy like me.

Uh yeah, creepy ass grabbers at the coffee shop in the morning (7 am fer crissakes!) who think it's a) okay to grab my ass, and b) ask "how do I get to see all your tattoos?" <shudder>. Also my stepdad's friends definitely think I'm a ho' bc of my tattoos aaaand I get a lot of conservative married men asking me to send them pictures!! And you know they don't want pics of just the tattoos. Ugh. Shudder. @Tesseracts you are right on re the wrong kind of attention. (We're all hos and freaks, after all!).

Ps I'm getting tattooed now...:p