The ladies thread

SeeSea

Recently got my inner right thigh tattooed, wore my little black skater dress with short shorts underneath. What normally wear to get lower legs tattooed. And I'm so glad, I did! lol  Some of the positions, I was in... let's just say, very un-lady like! lol But worth it. Def more comfy wearing that, but each to their own :)

Edited by purplelace

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ladies! I was hoping to hear from some of you who've shaved your arms for tattoos. I've never shaved my arms, and I'm worried that the hair (which is currently very soft, fine, and light in color) would grow back different -- coarser, darker, or just different? Any horror stories and/or stories of reassurance? Would any of you recommend waxing instead?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

hey @keepcalm , I only have one arm tattoo so far , its on the under/ outer side of my forearm. My arms aren't massively hairy, but the artist did need to shave the area anyway and the hair grew back no different to my other arm which is tattoo free in the same area. Everyone is different I guess, but I woud assume as a once off you woudnt notice much difference. I remember a girl in high school shaved her arms all the time and the hair always grew back rather intense, but my guess is that's due to the repeated shaving. 

PIPES 2015 MAY.jpg

• 2 months later...

I wanted to share this sad but informative long-form piece from Jezebel called "The Tattoo Industry Is Having Its Own Wrenching, Revelatory 'Me Too' Moment."

Personally, I (a woman) have been tattooed by three different men, and all of them were nothing but professional. I cannot imagine the horror and helplessness I would feel if a tattooer decided to sexually assault me while I was being tattooed! Talk about a vulnerable position! On the other side of the coin, it is disgusting to think that some female tattooers have had to put up with sexually suggestive comments/actions/pictures/etc. from clients while attempting to provide them with professional service.

I hope no one here has a story like that.

It is mentioned in the article as "an old cliché," but I think one of the more dangerous and harmful myths out there about women with tattoos is that we are "sexually available, and that [our] tattoos are there for men's pleasure." I am ready for that twisted belief to die a cold, hard death. Forever.

• 6 months later...

Hello! I hope that this is the right place to ask these questions - I've already read through the entire thread and found lots of excellent information, so thank you all for that! 

I'm getting my left upper thigh and half of my back tattooed in December/January, and I was wondering, if I'm not very hairy (I'm Asian so really just a tiny bit of peach fuzz), will they shave me anyway before my tattoo?

I'm also wondering if anyone meditates to help deal with the pain?  This is my first large tattoo (I have 2 fairly small ones already) and after reading through the back tattoo thread, I'm a little worried.  I already meditate now and practice breathing techniques, but I want to be as prepared as possible.  

I have to travel for my tattoo (1.5 hour flight each way) and for my first session for the outline (6 hours scheduled), I have booked my flight in and out on the same day - was this a silly move?  

Last question that might seem really dumb - if the majority of my tattoo will be on my back, I imagine I'll be lying down on my front a lot so I was wondering if I should get a straw to drink water from?  

1) You can shave or they can...I always shave myself. 🙂

2) Yes (kinda). Bring your music and earbuds. Eat. Drink. Rest up the night before. Bring snacks. Lots of sugary snacks. Six hours is a long appointment. Bring a pashima or hoodie to make yourself extra comfy. Don't forget your phone charger!

3) You are going to be stressed about your flight but you will be fine. You will be all wrapped up!

4) There will be plenty options to drink you water, coconut water, Gatorade, etc. It's not like you are pinned down. 

You got this!

@naturalbornchiller

• 4 years later...
On 9/22/2018 at 7:06 AM, naturalbornchiller said:

Hello! I hope that this is the right place to ask these questions - I've already read through the entire thread and found lots of excellent information, so thank you all for that! 

I'm getting my left upper thigh and half of my back tattooed in December/January, and I was wondering, if I'm not very hairy (I'm Asian so really just a tiny bit of peach fuzz), will they shave me anyway before my tattoo?

I'm also wondering if anyone meditates to help deal with the pain?  This is my first large tattoo (I have 2 fairly small ones already) and after reading through the back tattoo thread, I'm a little worried.  I already meditate now and practice breathing techniques, but I want to be as prepared as possible.  

I have to travel for my tattoo (1.5 hour flight each way) and for my first session for the outline (6 hours scheduled), I have booked my flight in and out on the same day - was this a silly move?  

Last question that might seem really dumb - if the majority of my tattoo will be on my back, I imagine I'll be lying down on my front a lot so I was wondering if I should get a straw to drink water from?  

It is now forever since this post, I would love to see what you ended up getting!

I'm playing catch up since I haven't been on this site in years! 

so the last tattoo I shared was my sternum which I got back in 2016

Fresh

1464414212644.thumb.jpg.f87f2807ac9054287004e6a5a946e51a.jpg

Then in 2021 I started my thigh (totally different designs to what I'd previously discussed here I'm pretty sure) 

The outline was the first session, 5.5hrs and easy going. 

Screenshot_20210412-182204_Instagram.thumb.jpg.9d7f976cdebbb30cf20dd6db65675ef5.jpg

the outline was done in the  April by Dan20210424_173731.thumb.jpg.3a569e242dc03010f8ecde6dcccc7615.jpg

in June I went back to the same shop and saw Kyle who did my Kraken20210619_144823.thumb.jpg.e024bda8301719323260341153756ca1.jpg

I then returned to Dan in the July for colour on my thigh. We thought it would be finished this appointment, but at the 6 or 6.5hr mark my thigh was that hard and swollen that it was unworkable. 

20210710_211416.thumb.jpg.91573b0c522e8e0c6ca4941270d275d0.jpg

I then returned in the September to get my panther dagger from Kyle and to finish my thigh with Dan. We added the red circle, thorns and bit of other colour. 

That rose near my arse sucked! And the sections where it's 3 shades on top of eachother.... bloody spicy! Otherwise it was really fine.

The panther was easy peasy.20210918_122055.thumb.jpg.a28a21a14370ecf81ba10510815a53ea.jpg1518600326_20210918_1706122.thumb.jpg.5ae8409927d00be6a0c81c0b7e136e95.jpg

20210918_142816.thumb.jpg.6fa26eb4cac82e68ba352572f8ae391b.jpg

I didn't get any tattoos in 2022.

(I'll start a new post for 2023 tattoos... the pics won't add in here )

So, nothing in 2022.

Then 2023, I went to book back in with Kyle and Dan but they were both booked. I then found they had a new apprentice.  After checking his stuff out I found he had quite a lot I liked. 

Feb- little axe 20230304_171143.thumb.jpg.1e5337a700b4826fe52305b5a9b22a8f.jpg

March- I went in for 2 little birthday bangers. A strawberry and a Diamond (strawberry left wrist near panther dagger, Diamond near top of dagger)IMG_20230317_192821_595.thumb.jpg.087b78dbac04d41162682772784fe639.jpg

IMG_20230317_192821_482.thumb.jpg.ec52ce76a7ca758b0a5503be78d92b03.jpg

April- swallow on inner right arm and butterfly on inner left arm20230415_094951.thumb.jpg.8d7861d924675676c63d9ba2b92e8591.jpg20230415_094935.thumb.jpg.4c4ccdf1b9854f9e84f7657c6f6723f7.jpg

Then June I saw Kyle for a lucky rabbit foot near my swallow and a circus elephant on the right inner bicep. Everyone talked it up to be a shit spot to get tattooed, but I found it was fine to get. The healing is what was shit- swollen, bruised and pins and needles(likely from the swelling) . I'm keen to get a horse on the other inner bicep! FB_IMG_1687259124921.jpg.cf9f97efe429b94828fdbebf550cbd26.jpgFB_IMG_1687259142971.thumb.jpg.09f555da55c0ad4504fed90e4950447e.jpg

I finally get to see Dan next month for  a snake/flower combo on the right top of forearm, but before that I'll see Andrew again for a dragon and a couple of others on my shins 🙂

1 hour ago, InkedMumma said:

I'm playing catch up since I haven't been on this site in years! 

so the last tattoo I shared was my sternum which I got back in 2016

Fresh

Then in 2021 I started my thigh (totally different designs to what I'd previously discussed here I'm pretty sure) 

The outline was the first session, 5.5hrs and easy going. 

the outline was done in the  April by Dan

in June I went back to the same shop and saw Kyle who did my Kraken

I then returned to Dan in the July for colour on my thigh. We thought it would be finished this appointment, but at the 6 or 6.5hr mark my thigh was that hard and swollen that it was unworkable. 

I then returned in the September to get my panther dagger from Kyle and to finish my thigh with Dan. We added the red circle, thorns and bit of other colour. 

That rose near my arse sucked! And the sections where it's 3 shades on top of eachother.... bloody spicy! Otherwise it was really fine.

The panther was easy peasy.

I didn't get any tattoos in 2022.

(I'll start a new post for 2023 tattoos... the pics won't add in here )

So, nothing in 2022.

Then 2023, I went to book back in with Kyle and Dan but they were both booked. I then found they had a new apprentice.  After checking his stuff out I found he had quite a lot I liked. 

Feb- little axe 

March- I went in for 2 little birthday bangers. A strawberry and a Diamond (strawberry left wrist near panther dagger, Diamond near top of dagger)

April- swallow on inner right arm and butterfly on inner left arm

Then June I saw Kyle for a lucky rabbit foot near my swallow and a circus elephant on the right inner bicep. Everyone talked it up to be a shit spot to get tattooed, but I found it was fine to get. The healing is what was shit- swollen, bruised and pins and needles(likely from the swelling) . I'm keen to get a horse on the other inner bicep! 

I finally get to see Dan next month for  a snake/flower combo on the right top of forearm, but before that I'll see Andrew again for a dragon and a couple of others on my shins 🙂

all very nice ! great collection.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

all very nice ! great collection.

Thanks Dan!

July I'll have a couple to share again, and Kyle is taking bookings for August from this Sunday and I am really keen to have him do one of those flipped demon/lady heads on my other thigh, or / and the horse on my left inner bicep... soooo.... 

but after that I may slow off again until next year. 

Rather excited. I asked Kyle if we would have time to at least start the thigh as well as do the left inner bicep in the one appointment and he gave the green light- so booking request form was filled out this morning which means circus horse and flipped lady/demon head on the left  thigh to come in August - woo!

Thigh we will size up and decide if its front of or side of when I'm in the shop in July. (Possibly similar positioning and sizing as current right thigh tattoo shown in previous post- depends on what Kyle suggests as I am pretty flexible on it)

for the mean time- the lucky rabbit foot and elephant have finished flaking and I am in count-down mode for my appointment with Andrew on July 7 . 

Autumn/Winter has been/is busy ! (Australia)

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to pop this in latest tattoo thread, but the rest of my collection is here, so I'll just keep it together.

Initially,  today's appointent was going to be 3 pieces, but have to hold off - so just grabbed the dragon head. Back of the bingo wing. 

Next week Andrew will touch up the reds he's done previously (axe, butterfly, strawberry,  little bit on swallow) as he isn't happy with how the reds looking. 

Happy with my dragons head 🐲16887120713925455636998677874897.thumb.jpg.8e971b84a85b09a51af72938565d5032.jpg

• 1 month later...

IMG_20230826_184622_858.jpg

IMG_20230826_184623_103.jpg

I was meant to have a couple more appointments, but one of my girls had a few scares. All good now.

Saturday I got the horse on my left inner bingo wing and the flipped demon/lady head on front left thigh.

Horse was mostly fine, but ita arse was a bit rough going.

Lady demon sucked. There was no consistency (very different to outer thigh which I could get into a groove with and was fine).  She went from easy, to shit, to easy every few seconds. But Kyle is super fast, so he smashed them out quick which made it easier.

Nice and red and bruised today! 

Next appointment is end of September. 

4 hours ago, TattooedMumma said:

I was meant to have a couple more appointments, but one of my girls had a few scares. All good now.

Saturday I got the horse on my left inner bingo wing and the flipped demon/lady head on front left thigh.

Horse was mostly fine, but ita arse was a bit rough going.

Lady demon sucked. There was no consistency (very different to outer thigh which I could get into a groove with and was fine).  She went from easy, to shit, to easy every few seconds. But Kyle is super fast, so he smashed them out quick which made it easier.

Nice and red and bruised today! 

Next appointment is end of September. 

very nice !

Hi everyone, I don't know if my question belongs here because I don't know where else to ask, so I'll try. My girlfriend (28 years old) has been thinking about getting a big thigh-to-ankle tattoo for a long time. I myself have full legs tattooed and the healing was relatively smooth.

The problem is that she has type 1 diabetes and any kind of rash on her feet took an extremely long time to heal. She was bitten by mosquitoes in the mountains last year and still has scars on her legs. Do you think it's a good idea to get leg tattoos with diabetes? Apparently everything heals very slowly. Is it worth persuading her not to get the tattoo? Is it even safe for her?

7 hours ago, mattmurdy said:

Hi everyone, I don't know if my question belongs here because I don't know where else to ask, so I'll try. My girlfriend (28 years old) has been thinking about getting a big thigh-to-ankle tattoo for a long time. I myself have full legs tattooed and the healing was relatively smooth.

The problem is that she has type 1 diabetes and any kind of rash on her feet took an extremely long time to heal. She was bitten by mosquitoes in the mountains last year and still has scars on her legs. Do you think it's a good idea to get leg tattoos with diabetes? Apparently everything heals very slowly. Is it worth persuading her not to get the tattoo? Is it even safe for her?

this is a question for her doctor to answer.

13 hours ago, Dan said:

this is a question for her doctor to answer.

She had already asked and the doctor told her it shouldn't be a problem as long as her sugar levels are stable. I was just asking out of curiosity and if anyone has experience with this because even though her blood sugar levels are kind of stable, the wounds on her legs are slower to heal..

3 hours ago, mattmurdy said:

She had already asked and the doctor told her it shouldn't be a problem as long as her sugar levels are stable. I was just asking out of curiosity and if anyone has experience with this because even though her blood sugar levels are kind of stable, the wounds on her legs are slower to heal..

I’m not a doctor, so if the doctor says OK, I’d go for it. Maybe start out with small sections, allow them to heal before starting another section. I’d also either walk, bicycle, or use an elliptical every day to keep her circulation going.

On 8/29/2023 at 5:55 PM, Hogrider said:

I’m not a doctor, so if the doctor says OK, I’d go for it. Maybe start out with small sections, allow them to heal before starting another section. I’d also either walk, bicycle, or use an elliptical every day to keep her circulation going.

Thanks for your great tips! Appreciate it. You may not be a doctor, but you give better advice than a doctor! 🙂