Hello, Eric a old newbie.

Lngbeard

My names Eric. I am 55 years old and just got my first significant (at least to me) tattoo. I spent years softening up my conservative wife to get tattooed. I could have just gone ahead and done it but she's suppose to be a life partner right? I got the kids names done on the sly figuring how mad could she get? Turns out pretty mad :mad:

Threatened to walk out before even seeing or knowing what it was. Once she saw it she calmed right down and even confessed she wanted one of the Russian doll things on her hip. I spent a long time looking and trying to learn about tattoos. Searched on-line in the Seattle area for a style that I really wanted for my first big one. It was when I went to the Seattle Expo (felt like a outsider being naked as I was) that I realized "hmm,, there are artist's from all over the west coast and beyond. Maybe I need to look outside of Seattle for what I want. When I stumbled upon the Dot work / pointillism I had found what I wanted. Anyway I ended up booking about five months in advance to go to San Fransisco to have Dillon Forte (Guesting at Analog) do my Mandalas in Dot work and negative space style/technique. Five and half hours for first mandala and four the next day for the rest.They are two weeks old, scabs off and still itchy.

• 2 weeks later...
Well done!

Of course! I'd bet that every time you find someone super "opposed to tattoos" you'll find someone who secretly wants one. Did she ever get it?

She did not get it yet. I ask her when every once in a while and I get "I don't know". I am just happy I am off the hook and getting ink!

- - - Updated - - -

Cool tattoo! Wish the pictures were a little bigger though ;) Welcome to LST!

Thanks for the positive comments! As a tattoo and posting newb I still have a few things to learn. Let me try and see if I can get the pictures to come out bigger.