Hello from a beginner

del12666

Hello all! I'm Dan.

anyway, my reason for joining is that I love the artistry of tattooing and am eager to get my first. At 22, it might be thought a little odd that i dont already have one. The trouble is, I'm UBER hairy. Seriously, you cant tell the difference when I get my clothes off. When your sat on the beach and it looks like have a sweater on, its ridiculous.

so my deal is, I really wanna do this lazer hair removal thing to get the hair gone before I get inked. wondered what peoples thoughts are on this matter! is it worth the ca$h, how "premanent" is it, and is there anyone out there that can give me a story of a positive experience about this procedure, cuz its dang scary if ya ask me. Way more so than the idea of getting a tatt!!

Welcome Del and the introduction is honestly awesome, thanks. I have never gotten laser hair removal but know a few people who have and they are very happy with the results. From my understanding most people take to it after a few sessions and are good for years though I don't know anyone over eight years that's gotten it. They also didn't have the hair you speak of but I think of very few reasons why it wouldn't work for you as well. Have you talked to some laser hair removal spots? I would think it is similar to tattooing where you get what you pay for. You go cheap and the results will be blah and maybe spend more down the line to have someone fix another's crappy job. You spend the money and you'll have a lifetime of stokeness.

Thanks for joining us.

A lifetime of stokeness!! Haha, I love that!! Good call man. I definitely think its a sure thing to get hair removal done. It's just kind of a sketchy thing though... I've spoken to a local Tattoo shop that does it and a Beautician who've both explained the procedure/ prices and stuff, but I'm so nervous! As with most experiences in life, I guess I just gotta bite the bullet, huh!?

I'm sure it'll hurt, but it'll be awesome. I've barely been able to see a few tattoos through the hair on a few occasions, always seemed a shame, I think your idea is great. Even if a few grow back, no biggie, you'll still be able to see your work well.

A lifetime of stokeness!! Haha, I love that!! Good call man. I definitely think its a sure thing to get hair removal done. It's just kind of a sketchy thing though... I've spoken to a local Tattoo shop that does it and a Beautician who've both explained the procedure/ prices and stuff, but I'm so nervous! As with most experiences in life, I guess I just gotta bite the bullet, huh!?

biting the bullet can be tough....

i'd say go for it! they have made alot of advances in that technology and as time passes they find ways to make it less and less painful. i speak from experience! i've been plucking, waxing, doing electrolysis for the last 8 years, and now more recently laser hair removal. i going to start laser hair removal on my legs in a couple weeks because probably come the fall i want to get a nice big piece done on my thigh. the darker your hair is the better the treaments will work because the laser can pickup on the dark hair better. just be sure to finish the laser hair removal before you get any work done because i was warned that even though the lasers most places use are not that strong, it can still cause some fading to your tattoo. i have been so happy with the results i have gotten so far and i will probably continue to go for other areas of my body. im not made of money so i will let you in on my secret. i go to aesthetic schools. if your services are done by a student they cost about a quarter of the price of going to a spa. these places always have a professional with alot of experience surpvising the students and also they are always open to constructive comments on how to be better. the only down side is that they might be a little slower than a professional. I hope this helps!!

i have also been plucked, waxed and lasered. laser feels like rubber band stings and to me is not painful at all. the laser removal isn't 100% permanent and you will get some grow back but the more you wax, laser, etc. the less it gets over time. like i have plucked my eyebrows for so many years that now i don't really need to except for a few hairs once in awhile. same with my legs and armpits (sorry for oversharing).

also i waxes so often that it doesnt hurt me AT ALL. i can wax my own legs, armpits and it doesn't phase me one bit.

good luck and welcome to Last Sparrow Tattoo. feel free to ask any questions and we will try to answer them as best as we can and I am sure we can recommend a great artist in your area.