Slightly Better Search Method

tatB

We all know the search function built into this website can be a little clunky. Through some trial and error I discovered a search method that will direct you to the exact page of the thread where you can find the words you search for.

Here is a quick example:

I want to find posts that include the words "Steve Boltz"

Go to Google

Type "Steve Boltz site:www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum" into the search box and click search.

This might be helpful in discovering who was the first person to use the term "squid pants" on LST.

• 1 month later...
We all know the search function built into this website can be a little clunky. Through some trial and error I discovered a search method that will direct you to the exact page of the thread where you can find the words you search for.

Here is a quick example:

I want to find posts that include the words "Steve Boltz"

Go to Google

Type "Steve Boltz site:Tattoo Forum | Last Sparrow Tattoo" into the search box and click search.

This might be helpful in discovering who was the first person to use the term "squid pants" on LST.

Hey guys,

I went ahead and implemented google search via the LST search box - so now we have site-wide search there that should match what you find in google.

I haven't tested extensively yet, so please let me know of any wonkyness.

enjoy

Maybe it's just me, but when I try the search box I end up with an empty white area where the search results should appear...

I'm using the latest Chrome on Mac.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, sorry, it is just me. I keep forgetting that I'm using Ghostery to block unwanted trackers and stuff and it blocked the Google Search API in this case. I whitelisted it and it works like a treat now, thanks!