Hi from Colombia!- Help with ankle tattoo

caingoza

Hi everyone, im from Bogota (Colombia) and so far I have 2 tattoos in my two ankles (external zone), right now i´m planning to tattoo my lower leg again. Although I got my first tattoo like one month ago and when you touch it you feel as it is healed, when you look it with attention, you can notice weird like wrikled zones. Can anyone tell me if this is normal? My artist told me that perhaps my skin heals slower than the average, and that he (himself) have had this same issues a couple of times. Right now I just apply moist cream on it twice a day, after cleaning it. Take into account that actually it´s normal the external layer of the skin, because when you touch it, you feel nothing. Thank you all.

1979471_10202557925603009_2042204150_n.jpg?oh=9e56bb65405e1dcd78317ca01812a2c8&oe=5338F685&__gda__=1396227626_19e41c074c3956c0e4cac0b762208355

Waxy wrinkled looking skin is what it looks like after it peels. It takes around 30-45 days for your skin to look normal after the tattoo.

Thanks for answering my question, but is it 30 to 45 days after the skin peeled or after I got the tattoo? Because I got this tattoo like one month ago and still my skin looks like this.

You better get your ass to the emergency room right quick 'cause YOU'RE GONNA DIE' date=' BRO!!! But seriously, this thread belongs here: http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/tattoo-after-care/4140-your-tattoo-infected-aftercare-faq.html

Maybe this answer is in that thread, but I've seen ppl told to post their questions in the intro threads, being they can not start new ones, so OP I believe you posted your question correctly and like already stated, what you're seeing is completely normal in my exp and should be just fine soon enough.

i've had that wrinkled look as well. Yours looks par for the course in my opinion. I would bet in a few weeks it'll look completely fine.

healing, as i've experienced-

1-2 weeks for first peel

3-4 weeks for second peel (light flakey white skin)

4-6 weeks, odd looking skin (wrinkled, shiny)

7 weeks fully healed.

not all have healed by this timeline, but understand that your tattoo isn't FULLY healed for about 45 days.

Stop fussing, it really is fine. Like someone said before, it can take up to 3 months for your skin to look and feel 'normal' after a tattoo. This especially applies to tattoos on the lower legs, because they often take longer to heal than other parts of the body.

Trust us, that wrinkly shiny look is a normal part of the healing process, and will go away eventually.

@caingoza I see the wrinkly skin! It is NORMAL!!!!!!!!! Breathe and relax!!!!! Stop looking at it every five minutes and just understand that tattoos don't magically heal in 2 weeks. Sure, there is the initial peel that usually occurs within 2 weeks, then the second peel, then the settling in. YOURS IS SETTLING IN. NICELY. Relax. It is fine.

I am yelling only because I see a reflection of my own OCD in your worries, and wish that someone would yell at me when I am obsessing over details that are normal parts of the healing process.

by the way- go get more tattoos. That one looks lonely.

@caingoza I see the wrinkly skin! It is NORMAL!!!!!!!!! Breathe and relax!!!!! Stop looking at it every five minutes and just understand that tattoos don't magically heal in 2 weeks. Sure, there is the initial peel that usually occurs within 2 weeks, then the second peel, then the settling in. YOURS IS SETTLING IN. NICELY. Relax. It is fine.

I am yelling only because I see a reflection of my own OCD in your worries, and wish that someone would yell at me when I am obsessing over details that are normal parts of the healing process.

by the way- go get more tattoos. That one looks lonely.

Hahaha I get it now, I think that all my life I've been obsessive with this kind of things. Thank you so much and yes, this coming Saturday I'm going to get another tattoo ;)

• 2 weeks later...