I suppose I should introduce myself properly :)

Nest

Hi, i've posted a few times before under a different account, but felt a bit wierd using my full name and didn't properly introduce myself, so i'm starting again :)

My name is Nikki, i'm from Shropshire, England, and i'm pretty new to tattoos really.

I always vaguely liked tattoos, and thought I might get a couple of small ones, but growing up almost all the tattoos I saw on people were very mediocre, or just plain bad, and I didn't really realise how great they could be. It wasn't until about a year ago that I saw an article in a magazine featuring Jose Lopez and it sort of opened my eyes to what could actually be done with tattoos, I told myself I wouldn't get a tattoo unless I could get a great one, but I also kinda thought that someone like me would never be able to get a tattoo like that. So about six months later I found myself really wanting a tattoo, and I decided to actually do some research, and I actually found that there are a lot more great artists around and accessible than I expected, and a much greater variety of styles than I had imagined. So I spent a few months researching and learning about tattoos. I've always had a habit of collecting images I find interesting, so reference material was easy.

Finally, about a month ago, I got my first tattoo, a dotwork realism petrified bird, by Dotwork Damian of Blue Dragon, Brighton (I have already posted it elsewhere on this site)

I think my friends and family are a bit surprised that I went for something quite unusual, and fairly large, for my first tattoo, but it's very me, I'm really happy with it, and it feels like it should always have been there.

I'm pretty sure now that I am going to end up heavily tattood (probably with quite a mix of styles because i've realised I love them all, when done well), it's very exciting, and I plan to enjoy every moment of it (even the painful bits).