Invisible Radio

I'm sure a bunch of you saw this all over Instagram already, but Troy Denning started Invisible Radio. It's a podcast, and in episode one he interviews Matt Vancura and Chris Garver. It's a little scattered and kinda awkwardly paced, but overall it's a solid first episode. Worth checking out.

A whole bunch of random stuff. Like I said, it was a little bit scattered, so they were all over the place. Troy said he wants to do a "tattooing in the 90s segment" in each, so there was a little of that.

One idea that seemed neat but didn't seem to pan out was them watching a Youtube video of some tattoo school thing and sorta MST3King it. But the whole segment just didn't seem to work. I liked the idea, but it was better on paper than in execution.

Regardless, give it a listen. Pretty cool.

Just listened to it, and I pretty much agree with everything @suburbanxcore has said. The sound quality wasn't the greatest, and I wasn't too fond of the background "beats", but overall it was a fun listen. I really enjoyed the Garver interview at the end. Looking forward to episode 2!

Listening to it now. This sounds like normal tattoo shop banter, which I love. That's half the fun of getting tattooed (unless your tattooer is tattooing in the corner by himself, then you're fucked).

For their very first episode, I'm digging it. Lots of potential.

• 2 weeks later...

Listened to the first episode,and the Garver interview was the best part.Yesterday I listened to episode 4 bad women tough tattoos.My only gripe is that Troy will ask the person a question,they will start to answer,and he will interject,and answer the question himself.Its like dude,just let the people answer the question themselves.The part where he's interviewing Tamez,& Elwood,there was a lot of that.and then the interview was over,and it was like I wanted to learn more from them.The interview with Mina was better because he didn't interject as much.

@Joe Shit Mina barely talked in that interview! I was kinda bummed that there wasn't enough open ended questions for her.

@CABS Yeah,she did come off as real laid back,and not very talkative.but I thought at least Troy didn't interrupt her and let her answer his questions.Troy had a better rapport with the other girls,but I think he's got ADHD and he can't help himself and interrupt's when their trying to answer his question.I think he should have Garver do the interviews.He seems to be more laid back,and he's probably a better listener.

• 4 weeks later...

Just listened to the Horizakura episode, and it was great. I liked the part about not trying to be Japanese when getting a Japanese tattoo. I'm not too much into religion, so it would be awkward for me to get that into Buddhism or Japanese culture if I got a Japanese tattoo. Subscribed to the Podcast. Looking forward to the new episodes.