Hello LST! Question about the healing process

Porritas

Hey guys! I'm new on this site and I got my first ink 3 days ago. I'm a biomedical engineer and due to my job I will have to do some physical work sessions in the next three days. So far, this is the process that I have followed based on my tattoo artist instructions, I have cleaned 2-3 times a day with cold water my tattoo and covered it with Bacitracin. He recommended me to keep using this cream and hydrating it frequently but I'm worried that with all the movement and sweat I might have a setback on the healing process. I read about Tegaderm on this website and I was wondering if it's a good idea to cover it up these three days with this film, what's your experience with it?

Thanks!

Welcome! I'm a biomed engineer too, but with the different countries and wide definitions of the term, we may or may not do anything related to one another :-)

There are many threads on healing and you will see different advice. But as a first step, follow what your artist tells you to do. If you have concerns, such as with physical activity and sweating, talk to them and explain it, and see what they recommend.

General aftercare: Tattoo After Care | General Tattoo Forum | Last Sparrow Tattoo

Tegaderm, etc.: http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/tattoo-after-care/4795-tegaderm-saniderm-tatuderm-healing-process.html

Welcome! I would recommend sticking to the aftercare methods your artist suggested, wear loose fitting clothing, and keep it clean and dry. I work a physical and dirty job and I usually heal fine without taking any special precautions.