Hello Everyone

jimmyirish

Hey,

My name is Jimmy and I'm from East London, I started getting very small tattoos about 5 years ago, then about 3 years ago I went and got a big black and grey piece on my upper arm that didn't turn out as I'd hoped. It was completely on me though, I think I had watched too many TV shows and got it in my head that all tattoos had to be original or reflect my appreciation for poetry or some rubbish- when really I should have got a panther or an eagle.

I spent the next two years getting it intermittently lasered before It was finally ready to be covered with a traditional Japanese peacock 3/4 sleeve this winter. I'm now one session away from completion and very happy with how its turned out, if anyone is looking to get Japanese work in London I highly Recommend considering Nine Tails Tattoo in Shoreditch. I'm now looking to build on my collection over the next year with the advantage of living in a city with so many great tattooers and shops.

I have been a lurker on this site for a long time and I love how committed everyone here is to educating eachother about good tattoos- helping clueless kids like me learn that 'you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit'. And that every idea has to begin with a solid tattoo.

Thanks LST

Jimmy

Thank you very much growltiger! Yeh I cannot speak highly enough of the shop and of Mie and Kanae, they are both superb tattooers and lovely people. The shop itself has a lovely atmosphere as well, very serene and concentrated.

I think Kanae would be a superb choice for your panther, I saw her outlining one a couple of months ago and it looked incredible! Any idea yet of size and placement?

I think Kanae would be a superb choice for your panther, I saw her outlining one a couple of months ago and it looked incredible! Any idea yet of size and placement?

Maybe right across my back? Though in the course of one recent thread I went from planning an easily hidden piece in a couple of years time to rushing off to London to get a spontaneous piece splat on my arm . So basically I'll do whatever this forum tells me if peer pressure is applied in the right way ;-)