San Francisco July 2014

I'm still working on figuring out getting tattooed. The homey Nick Rodin might be taking some time off and Mr. Sylvia will actually be on the east coast. My pal who is traveling with me is going up to Portland on the Tuesday of that week to get tattooed by Jef Whitehead, so I think I'm going to pop down to Oakland that day. Let's hang y'all.

Rassier. Lehi. Puente. Anyone at Spider Murphy's. DO EET, MANG.

I just booked my lodging for the week. It's right next to Potrero del Sol, which appears to be a rad skatepark. Next up is booking an appointment with a squid.

It is! I took a couple of runs there this weekend. The Familia mural in the same park by Reyes is pretty killer.

Also nearby where you'll be is Dynamo Donuts, a friend took me to a small little place owned by a really rad lady and makes awesome donuts. Prepare to spend $3. It'll be worth it.

Ideally, I'm going to need lots of excuses to keep coming out to San Francisco to grab tattoos from everyone. Part of me really wants to see if I can just pull a walk-in somewhere. It's been so long while since I have done that, however, I'm sure I'd be shooting myself in the foot by not setting something up ahead of time.

@CultExciter duh, do both! :p

I wanted an artist in SF so I would have an excuse to keep going down...it's an expensive hobby, but I love every bit of it. And it keeps me leaving my apartment/office....it's good to get out :p. of course it is super easy for me being on the same coast and all...

You'll prob have best luck with walk ins on a tues or something...weekend spots fill up quickly for the 9-5ers.

@CultExciter ehhh I'm working on a way to justify being there a week early, my tattoos are booked for the 10th and 11th. Of course I could book them earlier...but also super dumb to have a healing tattoo over the 4th, a historically hot, sunny, sandy holiday :p. (not suuuuper dumb, just trying to plan well!).

Workin on it, but at the mo' I'll be there the week after you, bummer!! Stay another week! :p

But ya never know, no tickets have been purchased yet, and I have had fun times with other LSTers, so it is super tempting for me.

• 1 month later...