Relationships and tattoos

gougetheeyes

I think to some degree you have a point. At some point you probably would come across the "you don't love me more than tattoos" argument. I will try to say this without sounding like a chauvinist pig, but the problem I find is most of the girls I find that are truly are into tattoos are tattooers are tattoo collecters and they are so few of them, there are plenty of girls who have tons of tattoos, but they are either groupies who only date tattooers (Nothing like a STD from your competition) or part of a scene or they just have tattoos and maybe aren't that into hanging in shops or studying tattooing. I guess my point is I think if you find someone who can understand your passion and maybe has one of thier own, even if that passion isn't tattooing it could work out just as well.

yeah... but in my mind, men without tattoos just aren't as *hot* as men with!!! They don't even have to be good tattoos (although good is better!!)

I just don't find plainskin men as sexy. (blame it on my very first boyfriend "punk rock Chris" LOL!!)

yeah... but in my mind, men without tattoos just aren't as *hot* as men with!!! They don't even have to be good tattoos (although good is better!!)

I just don't find plainskin men as sexy. (blame it on my very first boyfriend "punk rock Chris" LOL!!)

First of all I love where this thread has headed and I would like to see pictures. Secondly you couldn't be more right. A couple silhouette tattoos, maybe a bio-hazard symbol tattoo and some doc martens, I'll take that look over the girl playing tattooed pinup girl most days.

My wife's dad hates my tattoo's because instead of 1 big "nice" sleeve he'd feel is "cool" or even "classy" (pardon my quotes) I have a bunch of random ass kinda trashy tattoos patched all over. She digs it that way though, me too.

I'll always like that trashy kinda punk-tattoos-all-over look. I'm glad she finally started getting some. It make me think the person is more of a fun spontaneous thinker vs. an over-thinking planner, which I actually am so I guess my way of venting some spontaneity is via tattoos.

My wife's dad hates my tattoo's because instead of 1 big "nice" sleeve he'd feel is "cool" or even "classy" (pardon my quotes) I have a bunch of random ass kinda trashy tattoos patched all over. She digs it that way though, me too.

I'll always like that trashy kinda punk-tattoos-all-over look. I'm glad she finally started getting some. It make me think the person is more of a fun spontaneous thinker vs. an over-thinking planner, which I actually am so I guess my way of venting some spontaneity is via tattoos.

I totally appreciate someone planning large scale work, but it would really suck to be with someone who couldn't just go down and get a tattoo with you on a whim. My wife doesn't have that many tattoos, but most of the ones she were the result of me wanting to get tattooed and her tagging along or me booking an appointment for her without asking her. She trusts that wherever we are going they know how to tattoo and that's enough for her.

First of all I love where this thread has headed and I would like to see pictures. Secondly you couldn't be more right. A couple silhouette tattoos, maybe a bio-hazard symbol tattoo and some doc martens, I'll take that look over the girl playing tattooed pinup girl most days.

I have a couple silhouette tattoos... my two old ones... planning to cover them with something *much better* one of these days, but I do still kinda love them. They for sure represent a specific time in my life...

(and I want to see pictures too!! where's the bars?????)

My brother has a few tattoos and has talked about getting more, however he doesn't like when women have several, or big pieces. My husband has several, plans for more, and likes them on women, lucky for him, since I'd get them regardless. Some of what I am tossing around in my head for my next things he doesn't care for, so it's hard for him to discuss them w/me, but he'll still have to look at them when they're on me so ha!

I totally appreciate someone planning large scale work, but it would really suck to be with someone who couldn't just go down and get a tattoo with you on a whim. My wife doesn't have that many tattoos, but most of the ones she were the result of me wanting to get tattooed and her tagging along or me booking an appointment for her without asking her. She trusts that wherever we are going they know how to tattoo and that's enough for her.

Oh yeah, no disrespect to the big piece people. I plan on getting 1 big ass back tattoo, but the rest of me I like patched. I think her dad wants me to get stuff like WWE wrestlers or David Beckham or something. The big, slick, coherent piece type thing. He thinks anything OTHER than that is just trashy or something. But it's just not me or my wife's style. So, behind my back of course, I get a lot of shit about it.

All my wife wants are whim tattoos haha. I think she has 2 planned, the rest are no doubt going to be random. This week we're going to go pick each other's without knowing what, as I've mentioned we've planned on doing for a while. Should be fun. She's a jerk so I'm sure I'll end up with something awesome but also pretty funny.

My brother has a few tattoos and has talked about getting more, however he doesn't like when women have several, or big pieces. My husband has several, plans for more, and likes them on women, lucky for him, since I'd get them regardless. Some of what I am tossing around in my head for my next things he doesn't care for, so it's hard for him to discuss them w/me, but he'll still have to look at them when they're on me so ha!

I can't wrap my brain around guys who are negative about women having tattoos (or doing anything else they want). Life is too short for people to spend so much time/energy trying to manage each others' lives.

Either I'm a space alien or most people in the world are...