Relationships and tattoos

gougetheeyes

I worry about this! I dont have many tattoos, problably never will have alot, but i dont want the few I have to be detrimental to being in a relationship with a man. Though it seems like alot of tattooed guys like having a non tattooed partner, and alot of men don't like tattoos on girls... Kinda bums me out. I already have a hard enough time just trying to meet someone, much less meeting someone and have them not like me for my tattoos. Almost 20 here and still never had a bf, so im afraid tattoos will make it harder for me. At the same time I won't stop getting them because of what men think. A catch 22.

I think the solution here is to get more awesome tattoos. The logic being that awesome tattoos are good for the ol' confidence and confidence is attractive. And what @else said.

You have burned the Scott X Sparks bridge though but that guy is a douche and is quite possibly gay.

@Delicious if they don't like your tattoos f'em. You'll find the right guy for you and he'll love ALL of you... tattoos and everything.

So far all the women in my life have liked them... they all saw them enough before we got really serious.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the solution here is to get more awesome tattoos. The logic being that awesome tattoos are good for the ol' confidence and confidence is attractive. And what @else said.

You have burned the Scott X Sparks bridge though but that guy is a douche and is quite possibly gay.

Definitely invest in good ink, it makes a lot of difference over the years. I'm lucky to have always thought to go big and not get anything weird that will be passe over the years.

Rob

Delicious you're still very young, don't worry about it. The point is not to mold yourself into the perfect woman that men will like. Be who you are and you will eventually find someone who loves you for exactly that. Trying to mold yourself into what you think a man wants is crazy. First off, every man has a different idea of the perfect woman. Second, what will the point be in 10 years when you have a man, but don't have yourself? Besides, peoples opinions change. If you asked my husband 10 years ago, he didn't like tattoos on anyone. But we met, had tons in common, he looked past the tattoos, and now he loves them on me and admires them as an art form. People change and have the capacity to look past things they may not love, and even change their minds. So don't stress it, get the tattoos you want, and give it time. You'll find someone who loves you for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Also will add..just b/c a guy says they don't like tattoos on women..doesn't mean they wouldn't date you if they liked you. I find tattooed men more attractive than non tattooed, but that would never stop me from dating a non tattooed guy. We all have a list if preferences, we don't need to have every one fulfilled.

I worry about this! I dont have many tattoos, problably never will have alot, but i dont want the few I have to be detrimental to being in a relationship with a man. Though it seems like alot of tattooed guys like having a non tattooed partner, and alot of men don't like tattoos on girls... Kinda bums me out. I already have a hard enough time just trying to meet someone, much less meeting someone and have them not like me for my tattoos. Almost 20 here and still never had a bf, so im afraid tattoos will make it harder for me. At the same time I won't stop getting them because of what men think. A catch 22.

i dont buy that. not trying to discount your experience, but i dont beleive it to be true at all.

first, i think that maybe half of the people who say they dont like or despise tattoos just say shit like that because theyre afraid to get them- too painful, will hurt their security in life, or dont think they could pull it off. the other half are maybe probably just douche bags who you wouldnt want to talk to anyway, even if you didnt have any tattoos.

girls with tattoos. i think sometimes its intimedating. i know for non-tattooed guys it is. and even for tattooed guys it is. it usually puts a female on a whole nother level of cool in my eyes (and i think a lot of others?).

me, personally. i dont care either way. but im much more intimedated by the tattooed female, like i have to really step my game up or impress her somehow more than a non-tattood girl. dont know if that makes sense.

I'm personally grateful for the built-in filter that my tattoos provide; I have enough now that the guys who don't like 'em mostly don't bother to approach me. Narrowing the dating pool a little isn't necessarily a bad thing--a whole category of "not good for me" I don't have to worry about!

My current boyfriend has no tattoos but has seen me through about half of my collection, and has been pretty supportive of it.

I worry about this! I dont have many tattoos' date=' problably never will have alot, but i dont want the few I have to be detrimental to being in a relationship with a man. Though it seems like alot of tattooed guys like having a non tattooed partner, and alot of men don't like tattoos on girls... Kinda bums me out. I already have a hard enough time just trying to meet someone, much less meeting someone and have them not like me for my tattoos. Almost 20 here and still never had a bf, so im afraid tattoos will make it harder for me. At the same time I won't stop getting them because of what men think. A catch 22.[/quote']

Confidence overpowers everything else. If you're confident, I don't care how many tattoos you do and do not have.

I'm personally grateful for the built-in filter that my tattoos provide; I have enough now that the guys who don't like 'em mostly don't bother to approach me. Narrowing the dating pool a little isn't necessarily a bad thing--a whole category of "not good for me" I don't have to worry about!

My current boyfriend has no tattoos but has seen me through about half of my collection, and has been pretty supportive of it.

Another benefit of tattoo collecting ;)

• 1 month later...

My wife was quite supportive of my decision to get a tattoo last year. The tattoo I got since then, and the ones I have planned for the future - not so much. I'm not entirely surprised; we'd been married for 13 years and I hadn't made more than a passing reference to wanting a tattoo; and now that I've started collecting it is a big change.

At least she hadn't been. Major tattoo relationship news - she had been dead set against the idea of her ever getting one of her own. Then a couple weeks ago she started collecting ideas on pinterest. Fast forward to today and I find myself on the phone with the Pearl Harbor Gift Shop starting to plan out us both going in to get tattoos, mine by Tim and hers by Lissa.

Very exciting times - and proof that anyone can change their mind about tattoos!

it usually puts a female on a whole nother level of cool in my eyes (and i think a lot of others?).

Im actually curious by this as I have heard many men say this, do you mean girls with a few tattoos(like 3-4) or girls with quite a few/sleeve, Ive asked so many guys who are not tattooed and most say they like a girl with a couple, but not a lot

Im actually curious by this as I have heard many men say this, do you mean girls with a few tattoos(like 3-4) or girls with quite a few/sleeve, Ive asked so many guys who are not tattooed and most say they like a girl with a couple, but not a lot

We don't really concern ourselves with the opinions of plainskins here. Get however many tattoos you want to get.

Well I never had tattoo's until i met my partner who is covered from head to toe, with very limited space remaining, He encouraged me to get what i wanted and he turned me into a crazy tattoo addict.. So 4 years later Im Being taught how to tattoo by a great mentor and im about 50% covered and dont plan on stopping, Love and relationships dont workout from the way you look, i mean it helps in the beginning but, I get so many comments and people talking to me about my tattoo's! Only place i cop stares is at my sons school lol!

Oh, Ive also had my fair share of *plainskins* giving me their imput, asking me how can i dare walk around with these all over my body, The responce well its better than being naked has stopped them talking crap a few times.

But the worst was when an old lady asked my son how can he stand to look at me covered in all of this *Mess*, His responce was my mummy's Beautiful and i can't wait to be old enough to have as many as her, Proud moment sure shut the mutton dressed as lamb's mouth quiet quickly :)

Either way for me. i think it's interesting in either case cause it's almost like a "beauty and the beast" kinda deal. Or just straight beast on beast action hahaha. it's an aesthetic thing and though it would be cool to have somebody that shares those interests, it's really the time shared and if you're attracted right???

I actually decided recently that I'm really not interested in chicks that don't have tattoos. It is such a huge part of my life that I don't think a "plainskin" would understand. On a basic sharing of interest level' date=' my partner would need to be tattooed...preferably heavily, and by awesome people.... :)[/quote']

I had a similar revelation not too long ago! My female relatives were worrying that I had limited my options too much with my tattoos...and I realized that I wouldn't actually be happy with someone who wasn't also into tattoos. Heavily into them!

Also, I don't know if anyone else is similarly affected, but I get an actual thrill, a visceral jolt when I see tattoos. Even when I'm expecting it! Case in point: the last time I was getting tattooed (so in a tattoo studio, surrounded by tattoos and tattoo art) someone came in. He sat and waited for awhile, and I didn't think much of it or take any notice. After my tattooist and I finished our lunch break, we started again and the guy came up to begin his session with another artist there. The moment he took off his shirt I was like "tattoo!" and had that same jolt! It's not a sexual thing (though I suppose it can be), it's just the reaction I have when I see tattoos. It was very noticeable to me at the time because I was already surrounded by tattoos and tattoo art, so I wouldn't have thought I would have had the "tattoo!" Reaction that I did, but sure enough, that's what happened!