Relationships and tattoos

gougetheeyes

I rarely see tattooed chicks. I have to go to drum n bass or dubstep shows to find even a couple of them. I swear every dude in LA under the age of 30 has at least a half-sleeve but the girls only get tiny wrists tattoos or some script or a butterfly on their rib/back. Usually a very small tattoo. You know the trendy typical "girl" tattoos?

It's rare for me to see a chick with badass coverage.

I rarely see tattooed chicks. I have to go to drum n bass or dubstep shows to find even a couple of them. I swear every dude in LA under the age of 30 has at least a half-sleeve but the girls only get tiny wrists tattoos or some script or a butterfly on their rib/back. Usually a very small tattoo. You know the trendy typical "girl" tattoos?

It's rare for me to see a chick with badass coverage.

Visit Portland!! ;)

This is a great thread. When I first started getting tattooed I wasnt into gals that had tattoos on their arms or really anywhere visible. Then when I started getting more tattoos women with more tattoos started to grow on me. Then when i decided I was going to be a tattooer and I fully sumerged myself into the whole culture I then started to find women heavily tattooed far more attractive than woman without. I think it is mostly like everyone has been saying that an untattooed woman wouldnt quite grasp how big of a part the world of tattooing is in my life. If they couldnt share the same passion then it would be really hard to find other things in common.

Especially being a tattooer myself, most of the women I meet now days are in tattoo shops or at conventions. Luckily for me my old lady loves tattoos and the culture. I met her when she came in to get a tattoo re-worked. When we met almost a year ago she only had 5 tattoos. She now is almost complete with one sleeve and her back piece is drawn up. She had always loved tattoos but was affraid she wouldnt be able to find a guy that would accept her for her tattoos. Then when she met me she realized that i would love her with her tattoos and she went for it!

This is a great thread. When I first started getting tattooed I wasnt into gals that had tattoos on their arms or really anywhere visible. Then when I started getting more tattoos women with more tattoos started to grow on me. Then when i decided I was going to be a tattooer and I fully sumerged myself into the whole culture I then started to find women heavily tattooed far more attractive than woman without. I think it is mostly like everyone has been saying that an untattooed woman wouldnt quite grasp how big of a part the world of tattooing is in my life. If they couldnt share the same passion then it would be really hard to find other things in common.

Especially being a tattooer myself, most of the women I meet now days are in tattoo shops or at conventions. Luckily for me my old lady loves tattoos and the culture. I met her when she came in to get a tattoo re-worked. When we met almost a year ago she only had 5 tattoos. She now is almost complete with one sleeve and her back piece is drawn up. She had always loved tattoos but was affraid she wouldnt be able to find a guy that would accept her for her tattoos. Then when she met me she realized that i would love her with her tattoos and she went for it!

Yeh..When I met my hubby he had no tattoos.. I am heavily tattooed but none on my arms or chest so I can hide it easily.. I came with a disclaimer:P You don't like ink, do not unwrap this present. lol.

I have a lovely wife that had no tattoos when we first met. She accepted me for who I am regardless of what was on my body. Now she has a few, and although I find them attractive, I could care less if she had them or not.

Judging someone without them is just as silly as judging someone with. It's cool to have your preferences, I respect that, but it limits your options and potential good times.

I totally agree with you on that actually. You are right it is just the same as judging someone with or without. I find gals way more attractive with tattoos, however its not a requirement for me. Its just what draws my eyes first. I could date a gal withouth tattoos and be happy, but as long as she is interested or supports how the tattoo industry is a huge part of my life. thats really all I need.

But a majority of the time I guess I am guilty of "judging" based on tattoos vs. no tattoos. not in a negative way but just the fact that my eyes are drawn more to the tattoos!

I totally agree with you on that actually. You are right it is just the same as judging someone with or without. I find gals way more attractive with tattoos, however its not a requirement for me. Its just what draws my eyes first. I could date a gal withouth tattoos and be happy, but as long as she is interested or supports how the tattoo industry is a huge part of my life. thats really all I need.

But a majority of the time I guess I am guilty of "judging" based on tattoos vs. no tattoos. not in a negative way but just the fact that my eyes are drawn more to the tattoos!

Most definitely! The art can be awesome and definitely draw the eye. Like a peacock with colorful feathers.

Although that peacock may be a real asshole. :)

I got my tattoo first tattoo recently. I did not say anything to my girlfriend until the tattoo was done. She was mad at the begging but now she has accepted. In fact, she told me last time that she likes too look at it while we are making love. As for now she doesn't want me to get anymore tattoo but that's not her decision. My girlfriend doesn't have any tattoos and I don't like girls with tattoos only but they are usually a plus.

I have a lovely wife that had no tattoos when we first met. She accepted me for who I am regardless of what was on my body. Now she has a few, and although I find them attractive, I could care less if she had them or not.

Judging someone without them is just as silly as judging someone with. It's cool to have your preferences, I respect that, but it limits your options and potential good times.

I purposely limit the "potential" to chicks with tattoos. I find both tattoos and not attractive, however, if I am looking for a relationship, I can't do it with someone that isn't involved in the things I am. That being...getting tattooed. I accept all people regardless of tattoos or race or color...but to be in MY life, a girl needs to be tattooed. No judging being done here...

I purposely limit the "potential" to chicks with tattoos. I find both tattoos and not attractive, however, if I am looking for a relationship, I can't do it with someone that isn't involved in the things I am. That being...getting tattooed. I accept all people regardless of tattoos or race or color...but to be in MY life, a girl needs to be tattooed. No judging being done here...

Cool beans bud :)

I never meant to be overly specific. It's cool that you've identified your interests and make responsible choices based on that.

I personally have made the choice to live a life that revolves more around the relationships I have (wife, kids, friends) rather than the things that I do. If I were younger and single I would have loved to have been able to throw myself into jiujitsu or tattoing, but I by no means regret my meager skill set and happy family :).

Cheers bud!

Edit---"Nazi dick march." awesome.

Cool beans bud :)

I never meant to be overly specific. It's cool that you've identified your interests and make responsible choices based on that.

I personally have made the choice to live a life that revolves more around the relationships I have (wife, kids, friends) rather than the things that I do. If I were younger and single I would have loved to have been able to throw myself into jiujitsu or tattoing, but I by no means regret my meager skill set and happy family :).

Cheers bud!

Edit---"Nazi dick march." awesome.

Props for having things you identify with and value. Most people aren't lucky enough to even know what they really care about...or should car about.

I am in an awesome relationship right now, my girl has a few tattoos and she's really been good for me compared to some others I've been with in the past. I was a plainskin but she always saw me on instagram checking out tattoos and browsing this great website we've got here. About a month ago she asked what I wanted for my birthday, I couldn't really think of anything so I said nothing, and she brought up a tattoo! That's too much, I said, we'll split it. Anyways I ended up with pretty much the best present ever and I'm super stoked to have an awesome girlfriend and a sick tattoo.

</end sappy story>

Wanted to start collecting on my legs but my girlfriend has pleaded with me to keep some parts of my body non tattooed.

I'm divided at the moment, yes it's my body to do how I like but on the other side she has no tattoos and has been pretty good about me getting both arms,chest and back done.

Wanted to start collecting on my legs but my girlfriend has pleaded with me to keep some parts of my body non tattooed.

I'm divided at the moment, yes it's my body to do how I like but on the other side she has no tattoos and has been pretty good about me getting both arms,chest and back done.

Sorry to hear she isn't being supportive, my lady gives me a hard time occasionally when I get new tattoos...but only because she is jealous, and wants them on her instead!

I was with someone four years ago who was dead-set against me getting a skull in the centre of my chest, I did it anyway, and turns out she almost liked it! (Almost) :-)

After I got my big blue roses I kinda thought that from the front the tattoo looks a little empty. I casually said to my partner that I think a butterfly should go there. He said, "I think you are getting carried away now." Well, that was an interesting thing to say. He doesn't have any tattoos.

From our heated discussion the one thing she said that did make me think I need to slow down is "well ill up my exercising and put some muscle on then, would you still fancy me then?" Basically my girlfriend does weights to keep her self toned and I always comment on not over doing this as I do not want a girlfriend with muscles. Basically she made a valid point that in a healthy relationship you do need to fancy one another.

We broke up for a month regarding other matters so I should of got them all done then....!

This may be a weird thread but what the hell. I've always been interested in people who are tattooed who are in a relationship with someone who is not tattooed at all. Unlikeyourown's feminism and tattoos thread got me thinking about this.

So a.) are you in one and have you been in one? b.) Have you thought about this or noticed a change in preference since you've gotten older..? and c.) do you feel like there would be any kind of disconnect there? It seems like such a personal thing as opposed to say, an interest in old typewriters, I wonder if it would make any difference at all. I'm guessing not, since I know people in these relationships.

When I was younger (and only had a few tattoos) I used to not be into girls with tattoos at all. Now I think I'd only be into tattooed ladies.. as evidenced by my tattooed future wife.

Does it ever make a difference? Anyone??

when I got together with my current wife in 2005(we are both 53),I have sleeves and a good part of my legs done & a neck piece,my wife liked mine but did not have any tattoos at all,but ! since being with me & our son & daughter in law were getting tattoos too,

my wife,miss "I like yours honey but I will never get one",in 2009 when our first grandchild was born,she surprised me with "I want a tattoo honey" ! so now she has a descent size ankle tattoo with both our grandchildren's names and worked on twice now.

to answer one of the questions,it never did effect our relationship in any way because she had none and I had many.

IMO if two people REALLY love each other,each has to accept the other one and respect them to make it work.

I think tattoos on women are very sexy,but I thought my wife was sexy with or without tattoos ! :D she's a hottie !

I think to some degree you have a point. At some point you probably would come across the "you don't love me more than tattoos" argument. I will try to say this without sounding like a chauvinist pig, but the problem I find is most of the girls I find that are truly are into tattoos are tattooers are tattoo collecters and they are so few of them, there are plenty of girls who have tons of tattoos, but they are either groupies who only date tattooers (Nothing like a STD from your competition) or part of a scene or they just have tattoos and maybe aren't that into hanging in shops or studying tattooing. I guess my point is I think if you find someone who can understand your passion and maybe has one of thier own, even if that passion isn't tattooing it could work out just as well.

I think to some degree you have a point. At some point you probably would come across the "you don't love me more than tattoos" argument. I will try to say this without sounding like a chauvinist pig, but the problem I find is most of the girls I find that are truly are into tattoos are tattooers are tattoo collecters and they are so few of them, there are plenty of girls who have tons of tattoos, but they are either groupies who only date tattooers (Nothing like a STD from your competition) or part of a scene or they just have tattoos and maybe aren't that into hanging in shops or studying tattooing. I guess my point is I think if you find someone who can understand your passion and maybe has one of thier own, even if that passion isn't tattooing it could work out just as well.

Well said advice David. You bring a very good point to light.