Relationships and tattoos

gougetheeyes

I can't wrap my brain around guys who are negative about women having tattoos (or doing anything else they want). Life is too short for people to spend so much time/energy trying to manage each others' lives.

Either I'm a space alien or most people in the world are...

I don't get it either. It's too much like "I can do it and it's ok, but you can't do it b/c I say so" and that irritates me.

Of course, I was just showing my husband pictures on flowers I like (traditional/English roses) and there was much wrinkling of the nose and "I'll be married to an old sailor, AYE matey, ahoy" butthead. It makes me give the pictures an eyebrow raise, wondering if there's something wrong w/my taste but dangit, they're pretty so he can stick it.

I don't get it either. It's too much like "I can do it and it's ok, but you can't do it b/c I say so" and that irritates me.

Of course, I was just showing my husband pictures on flowers I like (traditional/English roses) and there was much wrinkling of the nose and "I'll be married to an old sailor, AYE matey, ahoy" butthead. It makes me give the pictures an eyebrow raise, wondering if there's something wrong w/my taste but dangit, they're pretty so he can stick it.

I sure got lucky with my wife cause that's never something either of us would have don.

Sure she'd probably be upset if I had a horror tattoo or an explicit nude. But that's not the way my tastes run anyway. I can see trying to find a pinup she'd be OK with, though. :)

I can't wrap my brain around guys who are negative about women having tattoos (or doing anything else they want). Life is too short for people to spend so much time/energy trying to manage each others' lives.

Either I'm a space alien or most people in the world are...

I really don't understand it either. I guess some guys think tattoos make women seem too macho or manly. I guess their brain sees it like muscles. Good on a guy but not a woman. I think it's daft.

Oh well. More tattooed women for me!

I really don't understand it either. I guess some guys think tattoos make women seem too macho or manly. I guess their brain sees it like muscles. Good on a guy but not a woman. I think it's daft.

Personally, I think women with tattoos look gorgeous...

Ha ha not only am I tattooed but I lift weights. I deadlifted his bodyweight not long ago. Yeah buddy, you keep wrinkling your nose at me. Let's just see how that goes...

When I met my wife over 36 years ago I had a couple of tattoos on my forearms and some hand poked tattoos on my hands which I was in the process I having removed. The ones I had on my hands had been done whilst I was in an Approved School in the UK (Reform School as our trans-Atlantic cousins call them. That was a time in my life I wanted to put behind me. My wife was never bothered by my tattoos and had one done while we were still going out on the top of her arm. I have had a few done since, she loves all of them and has had some important input into at least two of my tattoos, design wise. Last year I took the plunge and had a heart & swallow tattoo with my wifes name on it at the London Tattoo convention and when I showed it to her she said "I suppose I'll have to get one done, so a couple of months later she booked in with the same tattooer and had a lovely black and grey tattoo with my name underneath. This month she is going back to get another rose added underneath. So it can put a bit of a dent in the finances but worth every penny.

Very nice!

Well shoot... I've never had any problems with having tattoos and finding people to date. Living in the bay area, it's actually more uncommon for someone to NOT be tattooed. Pretty much over the whole idea of romance during this period of my life though. Everyone I've met over the past two and a half years has had their head so far up their ass that it's just not worth it. I would rather spend that time, effort, and money on my work.

Also something that really grinds my gears is how tattooers are often treated like trophies in the love game. Totally sucks.

When I met my (now EX) husband I already had a tattoo and he didn't have any. He decided to get one but didn't want me to get anymore as he didn't really like them on women :rolleyes:

We have now split up and I have recently started dating again and had a brief fling with an old friend who has lots of tattoos. Tattooed people are more interesting naked ;)

• 1 month later...

All of the guys i've dated in the past have never had tattoo's although i did get my daughters dad into tattoo's when we were both in Canada (he's addicting and going to be getting more, including one in Chile with me when I go to visit him)... anyways back on to the subject I've noticed i've had some issues dating with tattoo's (I live in Utah which affects that along with being a single mom) as for me and dating guys with tattoo's I really don't care if they have tattoo's or not just as long as they don't expect me to stop getting them.

I find women with good tattoos irresistible. It's also much easier to strike up a conversation with them since we have something in common.

But, my wife hates them, although she finds my 20-year old dolphin tattoo cute. In the last two months I've gotten 2 new tattoos and it has caused quite a stir. I've kept them on my back so she doesn't see them as often, but I'm planning on getting one more and then I will be done.

But she knows other than the tattoo thing, that I'm a good husband and father and she can see the big picture. But, no matter how many episodes of NY Ink, Tattoo Nightmares, or Ink Master I force her to watch, she doesn't like them. I even dragged her to the local tattoo fest.

She still doesn't appreciate them. Oh well, I guess I'll be sleeping in a t-shirt for as long as we are married.

I find women with good tattoos irresistible. It's also much easier to strike up a conversation with them since we have something in common.

But, my wife hates them, although she finds my 20-year old dolphin tattoo cute. In the last two months I've gotten 2 new tattoos and it has caused quite a stir. I've kept them on my back so she doesn't see them as often, but I'm planning on getting one more and then I will be done.

But she knows other than the tattoo thing, that I'm a good husband and father and she can see the big picture. But, no matter how many episodes of NY Ink, Tattoo Nightmares, or Ink Master I force her to watch, she doesn't like them. I even dragged her to the local tattoo fest.

She still doesn't appreciate them. Oh well, I guess I'll be sleeping in a t-shirt for as long as we are married.

perhaps casually leave episodes of tattoo age and the gypsy gentleman playing around the house, haha

nah, I dunno, you can't force anyone to mine anything. It does boggle my mind that after such huge advancements in the last 10 years, that anyone could still not even appreciate them. To each their own!

I had a few small ones when my husband and I first met (all hidden). I knew I would have many many more before my time on earth was done.

One of the first things we talked about was if he would be ok with me having some and getting more. He was totally cool with it!

5 years later and he has a full sleeve (in progess) and myself a 3/4 (in progress) with others sprinkled about.

I don't think I could be with someone who doesn't share the same passion.

When I met my husband, he had just a couple of tattoos but planned to get much more work, while I was untattooed and planned to stay that way. We were both fine with that situation, and it didn't figure into our attraction for each other. A few years after we married he confided to me that although he was still fine with my lack of ink, he did find tattooed women to be very attractive, and sort of sheepishly and politely asked if I would consider getting one. This was not something I wanted to hear, but I love him, so I asked him to tell me more. He said that he always found tattooed women to be extremely attractive, and sexy. I could see that it was something he really wanted. I asked him what what he would like for me to get and where, and he said he'd like something feminine wrapping around my upper arm, sort or of a quarter sleeve. I really had no interest in getting a tattoo, certainly nothing that large, and especially not in such a visible location.

But we discussed it. I heard his desire, and he listened to my objections. I understood that he would find a tattoo on me to be attractive, and he understood that I was very, very reluctant. He said he would accept a "no" if that is how I felt. But I told him that I would think about it. I gave it a lot of thought and decided I wanted to please him if I could. I examined my tattoo objections, and realized that it was the visibility that bothered me. After a lot of thought I decided that I would be willing to step out of my comfort zone and get a tattoo, but in a “non-public” location. We compromised, and I got a a tattoo on the front of my hip where it would not be seen even if I was in my normal one-piece bathing suit. It made him very happy, and I was happy to be able to please him. Most importantly, it was MY decision and I did not feel forcibly coerced into the tattoo.

And just to show you how things can go unexpectedly: He soon extended his tattoos slightly into fairly modest shoulder/sleeve caps, and surprisingly decided that he was finished, and didn't want any more tattoos. For me, it turned out that I loved my tattoo – so much so, that I now have eight, with no further prodding from my husband, including two including two half sleeves! In the end, hubby got the arm tattoo on me that he originally wanted, and much, much more! I am now planning a full back piece, and I'm sure I will get more after that. And now I'm pestering him to get more ink, because I think it is pretty attractive on him too!

I think that now if, heaven forbid, something were to happen to my husband, and I were to settle down with someone new, he would have to be tattooed. It is big part of my existence now, and I have come to find tattooed men to be very attractive. I don't think an uninked man could truly understand or appreciate me now.