Post shitty things you have been doing recently

Zillah

@idyllsend breaking up with friends is surprisingly tough. Right up there with breaking up with a significant other. Do you work closely together?

Yes and no. We're in the same department, but don't necessarily work together every day. It still makes it impossible to just have a clean break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drove past a fatal highway accident involving a biker just now :/

One of the most aggravating aspects of my job as a trucker is watching people do really dangerous and idiotic things all day, and not being able to do anything about it. Some of the stuff people do, litterally blows me away, they just dont taje it seriously. I'm not sure what caused this accident, the motorcycle was the only vehicle on scene, but it was in a spot that he couldn't have really wrecked on his own, something had to have caused it. Which means theres a 99% chance it could have been easily avoided. Such a shame.

That's the thing with cagers. They only ever look at the best of times for another car. Never does it enter their minds to shoulder check for a motorcycle, unless you ride one yourself.

I rode up to an intersection a few weeks back just as the ambos were putting the sheet across a motorcycle rider been taken out at the lights. Someone ran a red.

Another family dad doesn't make it home to.

Amazing how many don't see the motorcycle, and don't care about the trucker. Just assume we can and will stop, or get out of the way. I still cannot fathom why people speed way up to pass me, right before the exit they want. Then jump in with only a few feet between us, and slam on the brakes to make the exit. Literally a dozen times a day usually.

Drove past a fatal highway accident involving a biker just now :/

One of the most aggravating aspects of my job as a trucker is watching people do really dangerous and idiotic things all day, and not being able to do anything about it. Some of the stuff people do, litterally blows me away, they just dont taje it seriously. I'm not sure what caused this accident, the motorcycle was the only vehicle on scene, but it was in a spot that he couldn't have really wrecked on his own, something had to have caused it. Which means theres a 99% chance it could have been easily avoided. Such a shame.

I was going to work a couple of weeks back and right past where I turn into my street, there was a crashed motorcycle and car with someone covered up on the street. The street was closed off both ways. I later learned that the guy on the bike was killed and a local guy. No idea what happened but you have to have eyes on the back of your head if you ride a bike.

- - - Updated - - -

Amazing how many don't see the motorcycle, and don't care about the trucker. Just assume we can and will stop, or get out of the way. I still cannot fathom why people speed way up to pass me, right before the exit they want. Then jump in with only a few feet between us, and slam on the brakes to make the exit. Literally a dozen times a day usually.

This sounds about right for where I live. I don't ride right now, too much congestion and too many idiots on the road. Bad enough to commute in a car at times. I rarely see bikes on the parkways, see a moderate amount on the expressway.

Number one killer around here is turning left in front of the bike. Really? Lights on, head on at you and you turn left across their path? I think it is actually intentional homicide, and should be charged as such. All the bright, florescent riding gear in the world just makes us a better target. Ride defensive!

Number one killer around here is turning left in front of the bike. Really? Lights on, head on at you and you turn left across their path? I think it is actually intentional homicide, and should be charged as such. All the bright, florescent riding gear in the world just makes us a better target. Ride defensive!

FWIW I was wrong to blame other traffic. Dude was passing people in the center lane at an estimated 90-95 mph in moderate traffic. Lost control and was thrown, accident witnessed by a highway patrol officer.

Lane splitting. We don't have wide enough roads for that here. Sounds like he was way over his skill/talent/experience speed. I sold my RD400 (early 2 stroke pre-crotch rocket) when I got out of the Navy and moved to the mountains. Knew I'd kill myself on these roads, not mature enough yet. Now I'm old (still not mature) and ride a GoldWing. I ride at a spirited pace, but always respect the other traffic. Stats show the first 5000 miles the most deadly on a motorcycle, but us old pharts gotta respect the laws (federal, local, and those of physics) too.

Lane splitting at high speed. Now that's a gamble I'd never take. Filtering under 30k/h is starting to become legal here, but splitting high speed? Insane.

I see this all the time, almost always at night too. And often its a group of 10 of them, or more. All on crotch rockets. They blow past at well over 100 mph. Amazing there are few accidents from the practice.

I see this all the time, almost always at night too. And often its a group of 10 of them, or more. All on crotch rockets. They blow past at well over 100 mph. Amazing there are few accidents from the practice.

Some call them "organ donors", I say there won't be anything left to harvest at those speeds (and very little gear).

I reckon! I was belting the motorway one afternoon, cruising in 6th on my Harley sitting in the right lane in the right wheel track of the car sitting in front of me doing 120.

Next thing, this sports bike and pillion fuckin flew past me, overtaking me on my inside of the same lane splitting the traffic doing fuck knows what speed, but I tell ya, I had only just checked my mirrors a second before and no sign of anything coming up close. Mind you, he woulda been in my blind.

Imagine, as we do, I jumped wheel tracks for whatever reason right at the same time.

All I could do was shake my head as he and his girl dressed in shorts and singlets became a dot in the distance.

Yeah, I get blown away at the lights by sports riders, and yeah I gotta work my gears, but it ain't much of a lifestyle without a life.

Some call them "organ donors", I say there won't be anything left to harvest at those speeds (and very little gear).

I work with a guy whose son bought the farm that way, positively creamed... and only age 22. He was devastated and there wasn't much left that could be harvested.

• 1 month later...

I've been in graduate school for half a year and have been doing well.

Except my Summer session 2 semester I just received a grade of "IN" which is Incomplete.

I'm completely bummed and don't know why because I did complete every assignment.

Waiting for the professor to email me back as to why I got this is KILLLLING ME!!!!!

/end rant

I've just been told my 33 yr old cousin, who's been fighting leukemia for 18 mths, has died. He had a heart attack yesterday. He'd been an alcoholic since his teens, and had only been sober for 2 months when diagnosed. Life is a shitty, fucking joke sometimes.

@Raven sorry for your loss. That is rough...

Doesn't compare, but I'm going through another break up... Argh. Not too butthurt about this one though since it was technically brief, but kind of hoping we can move past this bump instead of dismantling the whole relationship. But I'm not going to fight for someone who doesn't want to fight for me. Also it pales in comparison to all the awesome shit going on in my life, so you win some you lose some and move on.

@Raven sorry for your loss. That is rough...

Doesn't compare, but I'm going through another break up... Argh. Not too butthurt about this one though since it was technically brief, but kind of hoping we can move past this bump instead of dismantling the whole relationship. But I'm not going to fight for someone who doesn't want to fight for me. Also it pales in comparison to all the awesome shit going on in my life, so you win some you lose some and move on.

@HaydenRose your condolences are appreciated. Thanks. I think I just wanted to vent and rant a little (as opposed to holding it all together like we should). Sorry to hear about your relationship. Life can suck, but it can be unexpectedly amazing too.

Hell, bad news is a good excuse to go get a big ass tattoo to cheer us up...

Really sorry about that, Mark Bee. My daughter has been job hunting for a year now. Many are hiring for 90 days only so they don't have to pay benefits. Keep at it and treat the search like a job is what I've always heard.

There is word that there will be some major not-good changes where I work over the next few years. Our group has been told we are safe, but still...

• 2 weeks later...