Post shitty things you have been doing recently

Zillah

Dealing with grief and clearing out two hoard houses a 5 hour roundtrip away is taking its toll. My bosses are not giving me any slack and quitting my job is coming to mind more often than usual. Grieving at work is touchy and my vacation time is almost exhausted for the year already. Trying not to make any rash decisions but man oh man.

• 5 weeks later...

Not really something shitty i did but shitty nonetheless. Went to donate my blood this morning. First 2-3 minutes while i was lying on the chair already hooked up i allmost fainted. Since my first time didnt go well neither they signed me off :(.

Busted my left foot while skateboarding yesterday. 6 years ago I strained it really badly the first time, then again last year and now this. Both previous times it was quite handicapping and kept me out of skateboarding for almost a year. That's what sucks about it. The pain I can deal with, but the way it keeps me from doing stuff that I like really brings me down.

• 2 weeks later...

Cut the living piss out of my left thumb while working on my car almost 2 weeks ago. Took off a big flap of skin off the back of it, just south of the knuckle. I was cleaning out the windshield channel and got caught on something sharp. It was borderline infected too. Doing better these past few days though, still keep it wrapped up when I'm working.

• 3 weeks later...

Scheduling an MRA to find out if I do in fact have a torn labrum in my right hip.

...which would mean giving up any chance of standing on the summit of Rainier at the end of August.

Sucks. I have hundreds of training hours into this endeavor (and I don't even know how many dollars), and there's nothing I can do to make this go away. It doesn't heal on its own, it requires surgery to correct, and more work will only exacerbate the issue. Blehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I know the mountain will still be there next year, but damn. :mad:

Thanks, mm. Dealing with the family was the worst part. What a circus! Sophistre, it's bound to be a major bummer, but look at it as an opportunity to be twice as prepared. And any surgery scar is a good excuse to get a tattoo for covering it!