Post shitty things you have been doing recently

Zillah

Due to travelling I fell out of my meditation routine that I had started and kept steady and ambitious for 8 weeks. Just as I was going to make time for getting back into it I hurt my back and now it's been another week with no meditation at all. Kind of a first word problem, depending on how you look at it, but a shitty thing anyhow.

• 1 month later...

Saw the ortho in Seattle today. Torn labrum AND torn joint capsule, so surgery is a go. Scheduled for Nov. 9th...

...which means I had to send emails to my tattooer today and cancel my two next appointments to plan/start my back in the winter. Boooooooooo. It wouldn't interfere with the surgery, but I have to pay for it out of pocket, so it's just safer to save my money for now.

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

(On the upshot, I'm genuinely happy to have a gamplan for figuring this out and getting back to doing normal things.)

• 2 weeks later...

My boyfriend and I are moving to a new apartment (see "awesome things" thread). We had the roommate from hell that's still giving us problems even after he moved out 2 weeks ago. He owes my boyfriend $200, refuses to pay him, refuses to help clean the apartment, and left a bunch of his shit behind for us to get rid of. He just took his stuff and ran. He told my boyfriend today to just take the money he owes him out of his portion of the security deposit...since he refuses to help clean and abandoned a bunch of his property, I say he shouldn't be entitled to a portion of it. And we might not even get one since we've had maintenance problems from the beginning and a shitty landlord. Not to mention he hasn't done a single thing to help maintain the place, besides buying us all paper towels once I think. AND he doesn't have a job, hasn't had one in months, and doesn't plan on getting one anytime soon. His mommy and daddy are paying a bunch of his bills for him so why bother having a job? Ugh...

Also, moving sucks. We're slowly taking over non-essential, small stuff by car so we'll have lots of room in the moving truck we'll get for the couch, tables, etc. It sucks extra hard when you have a pretty sizable CD collection. I'm just glad my parents are letting me store my record collection at their house!

@marley mission that is "shitty"

I have to get annual scopes now. A full colonoscopy is better than a flex-sig, because at least you're sedated. The sensation is totally different when you're fully awake. I always tell my doctor I'm going to get a tattoo for her. It'd have to be placed so it was legible when I'm on my left side.

Hope you enjoyed your night of a thousand waterfalls!

• 2 weeks later...

I broke up with my girlfriend (or honestly: mostly she broke up with me) and then moved out of her 2 room central flat. Now I'm back into my friends' two stories, half-makeshift comune house, 30 minutes from the city by train. On the plus side I love this house, I like the neighbourhood and it's super great to live with four people again, two of them friends since roughly 10 years back.

Live takes, and life gives.

I broke up with my girlfriend (or honestly: mostly she broke up with me) and then moved out of her 2 room central flat. Now I'm back into my friends' two stories, half-makeshift comune house, 30 minutes from the city by train. On the plus side I love this house, I like the neighbourhood and it's super great to live with four people again, two of them friends since roughly 10 years back.

Live takes, and life gives.

Damn that sucks. Didnt you moved in with eachother a couple of months ago?

@rufio

Yeah man :/ I moved to her place in April. Too early for that I guess, a lot of things came to the surface while living together. Aswell as some external stress factors and other difficult issues we had to face. In the end the bad was outweighting the good, on several levels. Too much negative energy and not enough time to reconnect inbetween arguments, it spiralled down a hole. Anyhow, I feel shocked still but life moves on. Not crying anymore, as I imagined I'd be, but the whole thing is very sad and I wish it was not true.

• 4 weeks later...

I had abdominal surgery today. It was more of a shitty thing when it was on the horizon, but it definitely wasn't as bad as I was anticipating. I was the final surgery of the day, so I had to fast for what felt like forever, and the hunger and associated nausea was probably the worst part. Although it was a shitty thing to be anticipating, it actually went well, and I'm feeling really quite good post surgery. It's really late here, and I can't sleep, so I'm enjoying the LST "back catalogue", bonus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching the company I work for dismantled piece by piece by the BIG company that bought us out when we were a small ~900 person (mom and pop) organization KILLING the competition. They brought in managers with the mindset that we produce appliances instead of unique devices. A good friend's last day is Tuesday. So many have left or been laid off. I just hope I have two more years so that I can retire and not be laid off... Who am I kidding?

I had abdominal surgery today. It was more of a shitty thing when it was on the horizon, but it definitely wasn't as bad as I was anticipating. I was the final surgery of the day, so I had to fast for what felt like forever, and the hunger and associated nausea was probably the worst part. Although it was a shitty thing to be anticipating, it actually went well, and I'm feeling really quite good post surgery. It's really late here, and I can't sleep, so I'm enjoying the LST "back catalogue", bonus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, you made it back. I go for a spinal injection tomorrow at 7 am. I've had a bunch of them, so no big deal. But maybe this one will actually work, they've targeted a nerve coming out of where my herniated disc is.

Well, you made it back. I go for a spinal injection tomorrow at 7 am. I've had a bunch of them, so no big deal. But maybe this one will actually work, they've targeted a nerve coming out of where my herniated disc is.

Hope they hit the right spot! I lucked out with a heal spur shot that hit the nerve dead-on. Caused me to pass out from the pain, but killed the nerve and hasn't bothered me in a decade now!

Thanks for the good vibes. I'm okay, not sure that the nerve block is working 100%, still have some pain at the injection site. In at 7, out on the street by 9:30. I slept most of the day, no driving or drinking for the rest of the day.

Ohh heel pain... I went to a foot doctor about a year ago, gave me an injection in my heel. If I had a gun in my hand, I would have blown his head off. I have never shouted a compound swear word at a doctor visit before.