Post shitty things you have been doing recently

Zillah

Dealing with my dying father these last few months. I took a major break from all things online in order to focus on getting through this. Its been a very rough patch, and I've been going from acute care facilities to job interviews and trying to keep above water.

I apologize for leaving so abruptly.

Mark,

Sounds like you're going through a really tough time and best wishes on that. Glad you're back on the forum and I hope we can meet up next time I'm in Toronto.

Dealing with my dying father these last few months. I took a major break from all things online in order to focus on getting through this. Its been a very rough patch, and I've been going from acute care facilities to job interviews and trying to keep above water.

Keep strong and keep your head up.

Nice to see you back.

Take care.

Just catching up. It's good to see you back on here. And I'm sorry for what you are going through.

• 2 months later...

This is definitely not as shitty as some of the shitty things I have seen on here so really, not complaining...but I got all my wisdom teeth out on Tuesday and I haven't been able to eat anything solid since. I had to sit there and watch @DJDeepFried and our daughter eat chocolate babka on Christmas morning yesterday while I had another apple sauce... :(

• 3 weeks later...

I've spent the past two weeks mostly in bed with some influenza that probably bordered on pneumonia (among other things). Missed New Years, missed work a lot. Isolated myself and didn't meet anyone save from the friends I live with.

It was bizzare, I don't think I've been sick for such a long period since I was a teenager.

• 3 weeks later...

In order to make room for our replacements in India, a really intelligent co-worker and I were layed off yesterday. I knew this was a possibility, but didn't expect it so soon, hoping they would go after the higher priced people in our group that don't do nearly as much work. I left on good terms because you never know.

So today I applied for a newly opened position in another group in the same company, just feet from where I used to sit. I get along with everyone there really well and the manager likes me. I can't expect anything so I'll start the ever so fun of job hunting in a town that has layed off thousands in the last 12 months due to low oil prices.

Meanwhile, the man behind the curtain:

As President & CEO at ___ INC, _________ made $6,547,558 in total compensation. Of this total $538,474 was received as a salary, $1,000,000 was received as a bonus, $0 was received in stock options, $4,637,415 was awarded as stock and $371,669 came from other types of compensation.

Sorry, man. Looks like our company will make good on their threat to lay off about 57 next month that would not take the offer to move from our location in mid-South with low cost of living, low crime, beautiful mountains to Chicago West side. Other jobs (programming) being sent to Bangalore (half are ex-pat Indian now). Hoping my job holds out 1.5 more years until Medicare kicks in, and I retire!

Hang in, Tig! Talent and work ethic combined are always in demand.

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to get my affairs for post-graduate life together, so as to have the smoothest transition possible. Had my heart set on this job with the USGS, and after building up hope for a few weeks got the word back the position had already been filled. I tried to not let that hope build, because I have a horrible tendency to take it personal, but it still happened :/

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Lost my dad a few weeks ago. Now my 82 year old mom is heading for major open-heart surgery in 3 weeks.

Gonna be another rough few months ahead for me and my family.

Bummer, sorry about your dad, nothing pretty about getting old. Lost my dad in late 2013, he was 96 but lived a full life and got to see his grand kids. How's your mom doing? Better I hope.

My brother's inlaws are fading fast. His MIL had a series of strokes but is now home and doing somewhat better. His FIL is experiencing dementia. It wasn't that long ago, late 2013 and they were at my niece's wedding and they were doing fine. Scary what the span of a few years brings.

- - - Updated - - -