Post shitty things you have been doing recently

Zillah

On Instagram this morning, this guy had posted one of Horitomo's monmon cats and made a kinda funny post. Since his tag line in his bio was "all original', I felt compelled to add that it's Horitomo's work and that he should give credit. He responded by saying that I was wrong because he found it on Google images under circa 1800's art. He also responded that "not every Chinese cat was done by that fucking guy". I attempted to educate him but alas I was not successful. I'm posting here because I don't have the energy to fight with this guy. I just hope that some people go check out MORE monmon cats.

What a dipshit. I'm looking at a signed Horitomo print of that exact image right now. *facepalm*

The shittiest thing that's happened to me recently: I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled about a week ago. The Sunday before Labor Day I started having severe tooth and jaw pain (of course, right when no one is open for appointments!) and between the holiday and needing a referral to an oral surgeon, it was another week before I could get the teeth pulled. So for a week, I could barely eat or sleep because my teeth were throbbing so bad nonstop. Even the 600 mg ibuprofen prescription the dentist gave me to hold me over to my surgery barely helped. One of my teeth was badly impacted, two were partially impacted, and one hadn't started to come in yet but they suggested we take that one out too because I would probably end up in the same boat if it ever did start to come in. 

I felt 1,000 times better the day after my surgery and healing has gone fine since then, but still...a week of agony and my first surgery ever. Combined with my irrational fear of anesthesia awareness... :46_confounded:

On 9/22/2016 at 0:36 PM, Gingerninja said:

@Synesthesia Ouch, all four at the same time? You're a trooper! Glad that you are feeling better.

My teeth hurt SO BAD before getting them pulled that the surgery was actually a gigantic relief! The soreness and swelling after surgery was nothing compared to what I had been dealing with.

As part of my final year with my employer, I am to let the other instructor take over all teaching duties unless he asks for help. Problem is, I'm just not happy with the way he does it. He doesn't know the basic theory of the machine, teaches very inaccurate information, and is quite rude to the student in taking phone calls in the middle of lectures. He has been going through a divorce this past year, and is becoming a major drama queen, talking loud on the phone with his lawyers and others, all within earshot of the students. Now, these student's employers are paying between $550 and $1800 a day for the classes. Stresses me so much that I just have to go walk around the factory to not hear it. (My cube and his adjoin and are in a corner of the classroom.) This looks to be a looong, shitty year. Manager wants someone to go to Moscow for a while. Maybe I'll check into that.

• 3 weeks later...

Today's shitty thing is trying to remove a bunch of virus, spam, and malware that got on my desktop. I really don't pay much attention to it as we usually use our tablets. I mainly use it for posting photos (tablet sucks for that) and being a print/file server. Have Avast on it, but I think my youngest used it last week and there is no telling where she went. Malware Bites has run, now Avast! boot scan (finding a ton), then I'll use Spybot and maybe Housecall. Sucks trying to keep an old XP machine running, but until this it's been fine and doesn't have the hardware to move up.

• 3 weeks later...

This week marked one of the most shitty experiences of my life - placing my Mom in hospice care. Without going into detail, her medical condition is at the stage where she now needs the medication and focused attention that hospice provides. At this point, we're not sure how long she'll be with us, not imminent at this point, but talking her through the beginning of this level of care was something I never imagined doing. At this point, everything is focused on keeping her happy and pain-free.

2 minutes ago, Gingerninja said:

Mark, I feel for you. I'm going through something very similar. Reach out if you need to talk. I'm dealing with both my mom and my brother as a package deal. It's like to have to choose one over the other. Totally no win. This sucks! @Devious6 

@Gingerninja Yes, it does suck! I am sorry that you're going through it, too. I can't imagine having to deal with two at the same time.  My sister lives in Michigan so I am in the daily mix of making the health-care decisions, managing finances, etc for my mom. I know it's part of the life and death process - and I can and do make the very best decisions I can as dispassionately as possible....but some days it all just crashes in and....it totally sucks.

Thanks for the understanding. Feel free to reach out to me, as well, if you need a shoulder.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back as Colored Guy 2, my OG profile blowed up on me.

I've been busy but had a run of bad luck in October. I was working on my old Ford, doing a wheel alignment in a friend's shop, heavy hard work. After that we hit the diner... cheese burger & fries. On the way home I wasn't feeling well, I dropped my friend off and parked the car. Hanging out to see if I felt any better... or worse, I get this crushing chest pain and decide since the ER is close, so I hopped into my car and went.

Got a rock-star parking spot outside the ER, made a couple of fast phone calls and went it, told them I have chest pains. I was in a wheel chair in seconds. They were asking me questions and took my BP. That's the last thing I remember until 5 days later. They did a triple bypass on me and put me out so I wouldn't move around... while the glue dried?

As soon as my hands were free, I felt the scar, nice neat job. I was in the hospital for 10 days, got sent home with a zillion prescriptions and a walker... ugh. The walker lasted 3 days and I was finally stronger. To finish off a long story, I'm out of work until 1/2/2017. I feel great, lost weight and eating better than ever. I had home PT which was a big help. Now 'm back here and have a tattoo appointment for 12/8.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 6:20 AM, Devious6 said:

This week marked one of the most shitty experiences of my life - placing my Mom in hospice care. Without going into detail, her medical condition is at the stage where she now needs the medication and focused attention that hospice provides. At this point, we're not sure how long she'll be with us, not imminent at this point, but talking her through the beginning of this level of care was something I never imagined doing. At this point, everything is focused on keeping her happy and pain-free.

Been there unfortunately, probably told the tale up the thread somewhere. I had to put my wife into hospice when her pancreatic cancer spread to her liver, May of 2014. She lasted 2 weeks in hospice before passing away. It was the best place for her and the employees were true angels. Best of luck to your mom and everyone else in the family as well as friends.

On 9/24/2016 at 4:15 PM, Synesthesia said:

My teeth hurt SO BAD before getting them pulled that the surgery was actually a gigantic relief! The soreness and swelling after surgery was nothing compared to what I had been dealing with.

You know, I was just about to post my wisdom tooth story. Around three months ago I had the absolute worst pain I've ever experienced. It felt like my head was in a vice that got tighter every hour. Turned out I had a horizontally impacted lower wisdom tooth that got abscessed. Had it removed, couldn't eat for a week. After it healed, a week later the other one started hurting. Had IT removed, got dry socket (look it up...damn Marlboro reds) couldn't eat for a week and a half. Now that familiar dull pain is starting up again...my surgery's at 9:50 am. Removing the last two at the same time. Thank god it's over.

TL;DR Wisdom teeth suck.

20 hours ago, marfil98 said:

You know, I was just about to post my wisdom tooth story. Around three months ago I had the absolute worst pain I've ever experienced. It felt like my head was in a vice that got tighter every hour. Turned out I had a horizontally impacted lower wisdom tooth that got abscessed. Had it removed, couldn't eat for a week. After it healed, a week later the other one started hurting. Had IT removed, got dry socket (look it up...damn Marlboro reds) couldn't eat for a week and a half. Now that familiar dull pain is starting up again...my surgery's at 9:50 am. Removing the last two at the same time. Thank god it's over.

TL;DR Wisdom teeth suck.

I had all 4 taken out in 1988 in the same appointment. I was knocked out and 3 of them were impacted. One was painful and infected. This was on a Thursday, by Saturday I was working on my house, drilling through the foundation with a jack hammer so I could run electric to my garage. Eating Percodans like penny candy. I had dry socket on the bottom two. The oral surgeon gave me a syringe so I could flush it out with salt water. One of the lowers was slow to heal and finally a twisted remnant of a tooth worked itself up and out. Wisdom teeth sure do suck.

I've had a gum cut back for an inlay.. that was painful as heck. I had an extraction of a back tooth done 2 years ago and had to wait until the gum thickened up at the end of my jaw bone. It was like a searing bolt of pain for 3 weeks and nothing could be done about it. I had prescription pain pills that wouldn't even scratch the paint on the pain.

• 1 month later...

After a horrendous weekend of trying to help my Mom manage her panic as she struggled to get oxygen, I was with her as she peacefully left this earth on Tuesday. She chose the 20th anniversary of my Dad's death to join him. Still numb, still haven't let the emotions out. Focused on the few administrative details left to do.

Here's my gift to you from her. Don't smoke!!! She did for 60 years until a stroke forced her to stop. In the end, it wasn't even the breast and lung cancers that took her - it was the COPD that destroyed her lungs. Don't put your family through what I faced this past weekend as she stared at me, eyes pleading for me to help her get oxygen...wracking me with guild that I couldn't do anything but hold her as the morphine and anti-anxiety meds put her to sleep.

F***.

1 hour ago, Devious6 said:

After a horrendous weekend of trying to help my Mom manage her panic as she struggled to get oxygen, I was with her as she peacefully left this earth on Tuesday. She chose the 20th anniversary of my Dad's death to join him. Still numb, still haven't let the emotions out. Focused on the few administrative details left to do.

Here's my gift to you from her. Don't smoke!!! She did for 60 years until a stroke forced her to stop. In the end, it wasn't even the breast and lung cancers that took her - it was the COPD that destroyed her lungs. Don't put your family through what I faced this past weekend as she stared at me, eyes pleading for me to help her get oxygen...wracking me with guild that I couldn't do anything but hold her as the morphine and anti-anxiety meds put her to sleep.

F***.

Very sorry to hear this. It sounds difficult but I'm glad you were able to be there for her. 

4 hours ago, Devious6 said:

F***.

:(  

best wishes to you and your family.

8 hours ago, Devious6 said:

F***.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts.

3 hours ago, Colored Guy said:

My mom died as a result of her smoking and high blood pressure... at age 52. I was only 24. Always tough to lose a parent no matter when. I am currently out of parents.

I lost both my parents and grandfather to cancer,

my mom was gone at 59,

I have been scared for several years now,I'm 57 and  it's eating at me constantly.I think about all the F***ing time.

CANCER SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Dan