Post shitty things you have been doing recently

Zillah

• 2 months later...
On 4/25/2017 at 1:05 PM, Devious6 said:

@oboogie  Wow!!!! I hope you are OK!!!!! I can't imagine all the hell you'll go through trying to get this sorted out.

Thanks, @Devious6. Toyota is sending an engineer to take a look, but they never admit fault. Ever. Even though nine people have died from this issue. My car was totaled on Wednesday, so I had to go out and find another car this weekend. At least that is sorted out. Got a great deal with 0% financing, so I actually have lower payments than before.

On 4/25/2017 at 2:46 PM, Gingerninja said:

Oh, shit! Are you okay??? @oboogie

My day: getting a lawyer to obtain emergency guardianship of my mom and about to take my sweet boxer to the emergency vet. WTF.

Hope everything is going OK, @Gingerninja.

• 3 weeks later...

Man, I was going to post in here about how much I dislike where i'm at right now. I have a job/career that lots of people dream about and I hate it. Went to a conference yesterday and realized I was surrounded by an ocean of khaki pants and button down shirts and wondered how I got to this place. Took a job in NH and I just haven't been able to find people up here. Just kinda suckin' right now. 

Been living away from my wife for about 18 months now and a part of me thinks it is time to throw in the towel on that relationship. 

F***.

Not in a good place, 

Hey @Boiled Dove...sorry that you're not in a good place. Sounds like change is in your future! What do you hate about your job? At some level, you have to decide whether your job is a means to an end or an end to the means. Is there something else that you'd rather be doing? If so, figure out how to do it, right?

I'm always in a sea of MEN in khaki pants and button downs. It doesn't bother me anymore because I know a bunch of them are misfits and freaks like me. LOL.

Lol, thanks @Gingerninja. I was texting with a friend in Dallas while I was there and she said "You are loaded and unhappy. I am destitute and having the time of my life. There's got to be an in between." 

Gotta figure something else out. 

That conference was in Atlanta. It was warm, I wore shorts the second day. That was fun. 

@Boiled Dove I'm not a counselor...but I have slept in a Holiday Inn Express. Seems that you have two stressors in your life, at least. The job and the marriage. I wonder if one or might be causing the issue with the other. I guess I'd just suggest taking the time to assess that and determine what is at the root of the unhappiness. As @Gingerninja said, are they a means to an end or the end to the means. As one of the relative old guys and one who has been in leadership positions since my early 20s I've seen many people go through the ups and downs of positions, jobs, relationships, locations, etc. There are cycles to it and many things can cause/impact those cycles. As an Army officer there is a pattern that sees officers hit low points at relatively predictable times in their careers. Many opt to get out at those points. Most did it for the right reason and are happy with their decisions...but not all. Make sure the emotion of the moment isn't driving your decision.

I offer what I call "The Volk Principle." Feel free to attach your own name to it if you like it. It goes like this: It doesn't matter who you are, who your parents are/were, where you went to school, what degree(s) you have, who you know, what type of car you drive or how much money you have....sometimes it just sucks to be you. At some point - tomorrow, next week, next month - it will be someone else's turn and life will come back to center. If you can approach times of trouble and misfortunes from that perspective, it helps to see your way out of the hole.

I know it's trite and it is not meant to downplay your situation. I offer it only to encourage you to really think about what it is that makes you happy and what is truly causing you to feel as you do. Sometimes we rush to a decision only to find that it was something else that was really the problem.

Thanks man, appreciate it. Not my first merry go round. I never liked what I do all that much but I found myself with a family to support and it paid the bills. Marriage had been in rough shape for a even before I took the job in TX. I had given up but was supporting everyone while my wife and daughters were in school. Everyone just graduated and now she wants to try to pull it together again. She accepted a great job out near SF. I don't know if I have the energy to try to keep trying anymore.

I thought I would avoid that mid life crisis thing by being wild when I was in my 20s and what not. Guess it all caught up with me anyway.

@Boiled Dove Hope things turn out well for you man, you need change but you gotta make it happen. Personally everything went south for me in UK, I lost my house and was so down I just quit my job and got on a plane with a one way ticket to Amsterdam, been on the road for 8 months now. It doesn't fix anything but its nice to have a break and helped me realise what I consider important in life.
Im probably going to do a stint in the Army in New Zealand when I get there for the experience and then who knows. Just keep my options open, try not to burn my bridges and keep rolling with the punches.
You're nothing in life if you're not adaptable.

• 2 months later...

ya,well my wife and myself were putting together a 10x12' new gazebo in our yard on sunday

and this happened :38_worried:

sprained elbow and torn muscle.

6 hours in the ER yesterday.

20170809_134020.jpg

Edited by Dan

• 1 month later...