Post shitty things you have been doing recently

Zillah

I'm not doing too badly lately. I feel good, heart surgery saved my ass and it will be a year on Saturday. Getting tattooed tomorrow night.

My bad isn't nearly as some on here. I have a new girl friend, my age, really nice and she digs tattooed guys. We were relaxing at a local motel a couple of weeks back. Taking a lunch break, I was getting into bed while holding a sandwich. I had my left hand on the mattress and it slipped off. Down I went... with not a stitch on. Scraped my left forearm and was bleeding all over. It even ripped some tattoo off. Towards the wrist it is still tender but the swelling is down. I had a lump on my left knee the size of a golf ball immediately. It went down quickly, that too is still tender. AND I must have bent back my pinky toe on my left foot. It is sore, swelled up and also across all my toes. The color is back to normal but it hurts like hell on the toe and behind it. I may have to bite the bullet and get an xray. I'll be pissed if they put a cast on it.

On August 16, 2016 at 11:11 PM, pidjones said:

Wrecked my GoldWing this evening. Really lucky to just have bruises and a cracked wrist. Heavy I-40 traffic downtown Knoxville, looked to right lane to make sure it was clear to move over as my exit was coming up. Someone cut off the SUV in front of me meanwhile, and when I looked back he was getting large FAST. Grabbed too much brake and went down, rolled, Didn't know about injuries, so I laid there (guy behind was alert and giving me space). Took the ride of shame to the ER and outcome is just a lot of bruises and a cracked wrist. Don't know about the 'Wing - hauled by wrecker and I'll check on it tomorrow. Probably totalled. Doesn't take much on these to total them. And I only had 105k miles on the Black Pearl! I'm really not hurt badly because of divine intervention and wearing all the gear all the time. Helmet worked (ruined), gloves, boots, brand new first-time worn armored pants - all but the boots ruined saving me inside.

So, shitty because of a little pain and expense and probably loosing the 'Pearl, but awesome for limited injury and the love shown by family and our minister, who drove Judy to the ER to see me and brought us home.

Any motorcycle accident you walk away from is a lucky one. I spent a month in the hospital and years in PT after some day dreaming ass hole swung a quick right turn into me. Motorcycles can be replaced.

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 0:43 PM, Dan said:

Around 9:30pm last night my very dear friend Patrick H. Karaszkiewicz left this world.
He died in the arms of his wife, exactly how he wanted. After a long struggle with pancreatic cancer, he beat the odds the doctors gave him. He is suffering no longer and was a fighter until the end.

RIP Patrick :57_cry:

@Dan  I am so very sorry for your loss.

• 1 month later...

Well, @Gingerninja, what's the word? Good, I hope! I have a friend that had a tumor wrapped around her auditory nerves and partially on the optic nerve on that side. She had lost all hearing in that ear already. She had surgery @ Vanderbilt, had to go in through her face and eye socket. Low prognosis for survival, success at removing all of the tumor, eyesight on that side, facial appearance, personality, etc. When they got in the tumor had turned to a jelly that they were able to suction out. This was a couple decades ago. I just saw her last year (on my way to a tattoo convention!) and she has about 20% hearing loss in that ear, no scars or appearance change, good sight in both eyes, and a personality just as warped as when I first met her in Sunday School in 1979. I know this is not the most popular statement for this forum, but she had many faithful praying for her. I'll keep you in my prayers.

So, I met with my doctors. I think that I'm going to do some sort of radiation treatment, either Gamma Knife or Cyber Knife. I need to met with the next round of doctors. 

@pidjones - Most likely she and I both have the same type of tumor! It's called an acoustic neuroma and supposed to be rare (1 in a 100,000) but I seem to be finding a lot of people who have/had one. I can write off the hearing in my left ear (it's basically gone anyway) but I am tripping over the possibility of facial paralysis and mobility issues. 

That being said, I'm in a good place. It is what it is....I'll make the best of whatever gets thrown my way! I very much appreciate the support. :) I'm taking 2018 off from tattoo's to save money for my surgery/treatments. This stuff ain't gonna be cheap even with good insurance!

On October 10, 2017 at 10:26 PM, rdinak said:

Have been going through a surprise divorce after 34 years. Learning how to live and be at peace again. New Ink helps.

Happened to me 10 years ago. It turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me. I didn't realize how unhappy I was until I got away from that mess. Now I'm covered in ink, playing music, restoring an historic house, married to a great woman. Hard to figure how it could have turned out better.

1 hour ago, Gingerninja said:

That being said, I'm in a good place. It is what it is....I'll make the best of whatever gets thrown my way! I very much appreciate the support. :) 

I hope things work out for you. Sometimes life just sucks, but you plow through. Not the same, but 10 years ago I was in a bad motorcycle accident. A month in the hospital, a year in physical therapy (then periodic PT for about 5 years), surprise divorce, move from my home of 15 years, new job, my dog of 15 years died. Almost everything that could go wrong did go wrong. I just hung on, my parents didn't raise any quitters, things started to turn around and I've been on a pretty good roll ever since.

Attitude is everything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Shit, I've been away for a while and I come back to all kinds of bad news. Sorry for everyone's losses and struggles, stay strong.

Earlier this month we found out my dog had a type of cancer in her mouth. She needed surgery to remove the lump and while they were in there, they found some teeth that needed to be pulled. It ended up being a lot more than we thought it would be and it really set us back this Christmas. So it's been a stressful (and broke) month, but we're getting back on our feet and my dog is doing so much better. The cancer hadn't spread and they were able to remove the entire mass, so that's good. They just need to keep a close eye on it to make sure it doesn't come back. I'm just glad Christmas is over with and we can start getting back to normal.