Post shitty things you have been doing recently

Zillah

1 hour ago, Synesthesia said:

Shit, I've been away for a while and I come back to all kinds of bad news. Sorry for everyone's losses and struggles, stay strong.

Earlier this month we found out my dog had a type of cancer in her mouth. She needed surgery to remove the lump and while they were in there, they found some teeth that needed to be pulled. It ended up being a lot more than we thought it would be and it really set us back this Christmas. So it's been a stressful (and broke) month, but we're getting back on our feet and my dog is doing so much better. The cancer hadn't spread and they were able to remove the entire mass, so that's good. They just need to keep a close eye on it to make sure it doesn't come back. I'm just glad Christmas is over with and we can start getting back to normal.

well,even though it was tough on you,it sounds like you did the right thing and all is looking good for you and your family.

here is to a great 2018 for all of us !

• 1 month later...

We've slowly, but surely been having plumbing, namely drainage problems.  Today it finally became a problem that couldn't be ignored.  Fortunately we called an honest plumber that instead of coming out and charging a few hundred bucks to tell us he couldn't do anything, he listened to the details and told us we probably needed our septic tank emptied.

We called the local company that handles that type of thing and they had a truck here in about 30 minutes.  Within a little over an hour he had found the tank, dug thru the frozen ground and pumped 30 years of... well you know.  What we were afraid was going to be a costly expense was only $295... good shit!

IMG_20180202_130201527.jpg

12 hours ago, JAC1961 said:

We've slowly, but surely been having plumbing, namely drainage problems.  Today it finally became a problem that couldn't be ignored.  Fortunately we called an honest plumber that instead of coming out and charging a few hundred bucks to tell us he couldn't do anything, he listened to the details and told us we probably needed our septic tank emptied.

We called the local company that handles that type of thing and they had a truck here in about 30 minutes.  Within a little over an hour he had found the tank, dug thru the frozen ground and pumped 30 years of... well you know.  What we were afraid was going to be a costly expense was only $295... good shit!

IMG_20180202_130201527.jpg

$300? This story is the happiest ending on the internet. Amazing and congrats!

• 4 months later...

Minor shitty thing... broke my 4-speed about 6 weeks back. I was attempting a 2-3 shift at 4000 RPMs and it came out of 3rd gear hard. I limped home with a noisy transmission using 4th gear. Found a local guy to fix it up for only $400 which included a new cluster gear and some better used parts.

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I've been away from the boards for a while, and away from tattooing for a while also. Lots of shittiness happening. Can't want for this year to be over with.

My car needed lots of repair work, totaling up a little over $1000. More wedding expenses, many of them unexpected, and just lots of general headaches with trying to get everything running smoothly and finished. Worst news of all is my dog's cancer came back more aggressively. This time it's in her bladder and where the tumor is, they can't risk operating without messing up her bladder and really destroying her quality of life. She was given 6 months to a year a couple months back, and is on an anti-inflammatory medicine that's supposed to slow the process down a little more, buying us maybe an additional 6 months. She's in great spirits and doesn't show signs of being sick at all, so we're hoping maybe she's feisty enough to make it past the projected timeline.

• 1 month later...

Shazbot! Took the Hunley out for a Sunday ride. Started blowing headlight fuses, so headed back home after only 20 miles. Coming down our steep, concrete, tree shaded drive, all traction decided to leave and I stuck her in the woods near the bottom. Pulled her out with the winch on the wife's mule and soft straps. Looks like I get to touch up the barbeque paint on the headers and re-polish the right valve cover and belt cover. And, find the short in the headlight circuit. Ok, only a little shitty. But, Knoxville Tattoo Convention is this coming weekend, and I show the Hunley at WingDing the next week!08a02a41591cc96acf736ad01aa6d798.jpg733d74c54c622d852816583aadacf89f.jpg

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:35 PM, Synesthesia said:

I've been away from the boards for a while, and away from tattooing for a while also. Lots of shittiness happening. Can't want for this year to be over with.

My car needed lots of repair work, totaling up a little over $1000. More wedding expenses, many of them unexpected, and just lots of general headaches with trying to get everything running smoothly and finished. Worst news of all is my dog's cancer came back more aggressively. This time it's in her bladder and where the tumor is, they can't risk operating without messing up her bladder and really destroying her quality of life. She was given 6 months to a year a couple months back, and is on an anti-inflammatory medicine that's supposed to slow the process down a little more, buying us maybe an additional 6 months. She's in great spirits and doesn't show signs of being sick at all, so we're hoping maybe she's feisty enough to make it past the projected timeline.

OMG...I am so sorry to read your post and feel like sh1t that I didn't respond sooner. My thoughts are with you! Our little Boston was given a year with two different cancer's LAST year and he's still going strong. Thinking of you. @Synesthesia

• 5 months later...
3 minutes ago, bongsau said:

well, 

I had to put down my beloved pug-dog 2 months ago.

My wife and I are separating and she moved out of our house this weekend.

It's -40 Celcius in my city and my winter beater died.

...but hey, my tattoos still look awesome, so everything is gonna be alright...sigh...

Shit man, really sorry to hear all that. Hang tough, things will improve.

ah, thanks @JAC1961 honestly this is all for best.

I don't think I have ever had an opportunity for life freedom like this. Just shy of 40 and everything else in my life is going awesome, so I'm focusing on that.

New beginnings...hey prob some more tattoos 😉 in places that weren't approved under the marriage contract haha.

• 1 month later...

update - i've been flying solo for 3 months now. it's a different feeling but I suppose things could be a lot worse. there have been some pretty dark days...but there have also been some really fun and exciting days with old friends and new. my friends have been amazing

I just finished repainting my house. In vivid colours like I always wanted - mystical purple and electric orange...like it's purple from one angle and then from  the opposite angle you only see the bright ass orange. twilight zone haha. everything else is a warm white. It is a bit symbolic, as the house never got repainted (it was this dated,ugly, flat light green from the previous owner)...kinda sad my wife and I had 4 years in that house and couldn't even agree on simple paint job. So I just got it done and it looks great.Got a bunch of new tattoo and kung fu art - yknow cool shit like dragons, eagles, tigers, etc - framed up ready to cover the white walls. Starting to feel like home and ok with the new me, new life.

cheers friends and thanks for the support

@bongsau glad to hear you're hanging in there! if  you're willing to share, I'd love to see pics of that paint job. Sounds super interesting!

i went thru a broken engagement back in the late 2000s. We had just bought a condo together and she left me with a single income right when the housing bubble was bursting. Perfect timing.

I also had some dark times, but good friends and family helped shine some light on shit and brighten things up. I eventually fell in love again with my current wife of nearly 10yrs. We ended up foreclosing on the condo, like many Americans, coz the mortgage wasn't worth it and my new lady wasn't digging the spot that didn't feel like her own. That said, we got to live there for at least a few months without paying the rent! hahahhahaha... it was kind nice to somewhat feel what actually OWNING a home would be like, not having to pay the bank.

Anyways... i guess i'm just pointing out that cons, pros, ups, and downs come with the ticket to ride. That time taught me many lessons about myself and life, in general. Still learning with far to go!

Sending the strongest good juju your way, my man! 🙌💨💞

• 1 month later...

this is a really scary thing I am doing, I have to fast all day & night today for a colonoscopy tomorrow morning,

fasting F***ing sucks,

I am 59 and should have had it done at 50,but I procrastinated til now.

the scary thing for me that's been eating at me for a long time and even more now that I getting this done is that my father died of colon cancer,

my mother died of cancer at 59 and my grandfather died from cancer.

So I am anticipating the worst news tomorrow,

I have not been sleeping or even thinking straight for a while now (it's been years).

sorry for "too much info" but it helps to share my feelings on it.

@Danhang tough man. I'm 58 and already had 2 of them and am due for my 3rd.  They're not a big deal, you're right, the fasting is the worst.

My dad had colon cancer too and lived nearly 30 years after they found it. I've had a couple polyps removed and do exactly as my doc recommends. They say it is the slowest progressing and one of the most treatable forms of a shitty illness. (pun intended)

Try not to worry, as it doesn't help a bit. I'll be sending good thoughts your way.

On 5/13/2019 at 7:48 AM, Dan said:

this is a really scary thing I am doing, I have to fast all day & night today for a colonoscopy tomorrow morning,

fasting F***ing sucks,

I am 59 and should have had it done at 50,but I procrastinated til now.

the scary thing for me that's been eating at me for a long time and even more now that I getting this done is that my father died of colon cancer,

my mother died of cancer at 59 and my grandfather died from cancer.

So I am anticipating the worst news tomorrow,

I have not been sleeping or even thinking straight for a while now (it's been years).

sorry for "too much info" but it helps to share my feelings on it.

well,it was a good day today,I went and had the colonoscopy done and the doctor didn't find anything bad at all ! yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   nothing,nada,zero,zilch,,,

thanks for all the well wishes 

6 hours ago, Dan said:

well,it was a good day today,I went and had the colonoscopy done and the doctor didn't find anything bad at all ! yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   nothing,nada,zero,zilch,,,

thanks for all the well wishes 

Great news. Really glad everything turned out ok for you. 👍