Post shitty things you have been doing recently

Zillah

My daughter ended up in hospital tonight. Severe asthma exacerbated by a viral cold. She stayed for 6 hours and they let her go home. I felt awful being at work, but my partner said not to come because it was under control and we need the cash. I hate being the parent that works sometimes, though I love my job.

I've been dealing with two of my work buddies committing suicide within a month of each other. Its been pretty rough.

I have 2 guys I've known for years at work.... one in January comes down with a major brain tumor, surgery & the works, hear he's doing well but no idea when he's back, if he comes back. The other age 64 or so... suffers a massive stroke in his sleep this past weekend, not expected to come out of it. And these guys sat ACROSS the aisle from each other.

Rob

- - - Updated - - -

And here I was all stoked to read about how shitty people are acting. @Colored Guy sorry to hear that man, sounds like you're battling through though. @OutOfIdeas @radiofreejenn good luck!

Thanks all. Been a real tough road this past month, we thought she was making progress and was back to work almost like normal. Now they have her on a way more aggressive chemo that is taking its toll. We were at Sloan Kettering yesterday from 10-3:30 getting her hydrated, etc. They gave her better pain medication (better than mine...) to take, changed up the anti-nausea medications, gave her some steroids so she can actually eat. It turns out that she does have LTD at work, so she's getting a normal check for staying home, we just found this out. I really don't want her even thinking about working until she gets a lot better.

Rob

I bought a new mattress and boxs pring for the headboard and footboard I just antiqued [good] and the box spring will not fit up my stairs [bad], so I just spent the last hour removing the NUMEROUS staples securing the dustcover, sawing the wood frame at the half point, and tomorrow will be bending that sucker in half with the help of a friend. Then I've got to get some metal brackets to reinforce the sawed parts after it's in place and bent back to shape. Biggest pain in my arse, ever.

I bought a new mattress and boxs pring for the headboard and footboard I just antiqued [good] and the box spring will not fit up my stairs [bad], so I just spent the last hour removing the NUMEROUS staples securing the dustcover, sawing the wood frame at the half point, and tomorrow will be bending that sucker in half with the help of a friend. Then I've got to get some metal brackets to reinforce the sawed parts after it's in place and bent back to shape. Biggest pain in my arse, ever.

We had to do that with my bed a year ago. Saw one side of the box spring to get it down the tight bend in the stairs to the basement. And then had to spackle and repaint the hole in the wall trying to force it around the corner. Hubby says the bed's not coming out again unless it comes out in pieces.

I had my first client pass away since I entered the field (Social Work/Mental Health). Tough stuff, but in a way I'm glad I'm experiencing it early in my career...

I've been nervous of this myself. Had 2 clients last night talking about wanting to commit suicide, and one with capgras syndrome. I love my job but it can be pretty draining.

We had to do that with my bed a year ago. Saw one side of the box spring to get it down the tight bend in the stairs to the basement. And then had to spackle and repaint the hole in the wall trying to force it around the corner. Hubby says the bed's not coming out again unless it comes out in pieces.

Someone knows my pain! It's in my room and it's definitely never leaving.

I had to do this too with my queen-sized set that we moved upstairs after the addition was done. I've gotten a new mattress since then, kept the same box spring. Mattresses can be made to go around tight corners.

Accidentally forgot to log out of the library computer the other day, and I got this email today (sent from my email address):

Myles -

I logged onto the HMB library library and all your stuff was there....

This has happened to ME, so I wanted you to know to always double, and triple log off.

A concerned Library Lady.

• 2 weeks later...

Just been continuing with caring for my wife Barbara who is battling cancer, which has moved to her liver. She was recently in the hospital for 6 days at the recommendation of triage at her oncologist's office. They changed up her chemo in March and its kicking her ass and now she's very weak and very run down. Also eating very poorly which is the main cause of her weakness.

I'm doing most of her care in evenings and overnight, but her family and mine is chipping in during the day as they're either retired or off for the summer. I'm truly being tested and my patience is not the best at times, which goes with my serious lack of sleep. I hug her and tell her I love her many times a day. I don't want her to give up.

I've taken over the banking and she's really not able to help me with what she was doing, so I'm writing lots of checks until she can help me figure it out. We're applying for LTD with her job and permanent SSDI with the state.

I don't know how much longer I can go on caring for her by myself. We have a visiting nurse who comes in a few days a week and we've applied for a home health aide, which is pending approval. I'm at slight odds with her sister on a few things as well, talk about stress. We go back to see her oncologist on Friday and she knows my concerns and I told her I'll go with any suggestion she has for improved care for Barbara. I think a short hospital stay may be in order to get her daily PT and get some nutrition into her.

Rob

@Colored Guy it always seems to be the external issues that cause so much stress, rather than the cancer itself. Wishing you and your wife strength and ease during this difficult time.

Thank you and you're right, hard to get everyone on the same page with this one, but in the end it will come down to what me and my wife decide, more so what she wants but I can try to sway her. We see her oncologist (at Sloan Kettering) on Friday and we can talk alternate treatments, etc.

Rob